Footbag Look-alikes

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Caleb
Fearless

Footbag Look-alikes

Post by Caleb » 09 Nov 2005 07:18

So I got screwed by having my two hardest midterms (Linear Circuits and Digital Logic) on this Thursday and Friday. I've spent over 50% of this past week in the library or circuits laboratory, and that includes sleeping at night. Anyways, I'm not complaining. I love this SHIT!

The funny thing about it is, the kid that works the night shift at the circuits laboratory looks EXACTLY like "Nasty" Nate Linscott. HAHA, except he has the biggest glasses ever, a pocket protecter, and a white lab coat. It's so awesome! Whenever morale is low I just turn around and look at Nasty in his Pysicist halloween costume, pretending to do experiments. lol

So, I was curious......has anyone else ever had any funny doppleganger-footbagger experiences?

PS: It's good to know you're watching over me while I'm studying Nate.
Steel City Freestyle

Caleb Abraham

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 09 Nov 2005 08:26

I worked with a guy that was the spitting image of Peter Irish, except he had red hair. But his height, weight and face looked identical. Whenever I was having a hard day I would look over at him and picture a Big Apple.

Brought me right out of that bad mood.

~peace
Damon

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 09 Nov 2005 08:49

I have a teacher who looks like Lon Smith and a kid in a class of mine that looks like Scott Bevier.

Caleb
Fearless

Post by Caleb » 09 Nov 2005 10:00

lol. i would take a class taught by Lon Smith.
Steel City Freestyle

Caleb Abraham

footjoe
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by footjoe » 09 Nov 2005 12:30

me and clavens have similar charactersitcis and have been mistaking for him before
15 year old Joe Kulacz

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

nuts.

Post by Skippy! » 09 Nov 2005 12:31

Apparently I laugh like Andrew Grant. I dunno. That's what I was told when I went to Kickass
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 09 Nov 2005 14:23

One of my buddies looks exactly like Vasek.

Hey Caleb, I'm taking circuts too, but I've never heard of linear circuts, what is that all about? Here in Acadia we have circuts, circuts2 and microelectronics.
Sergey Pikalov

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 09 Nov 2005 16:03

I take my circuit course next semester. Right now we're taking pure physics about capacitors and stuff. Calculating resistance through a tapered volume. What program are you in Caleb?

I once saw a guy playing tennis who looked like Andrew Grant... back when he had "the hair" . (He was even playing in climas!) But it wasn't him :(
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 09 Nov 2005 16:25

Apparently I look just like Tu Vu. I also apparently look just like Tuan Vu. And in an interesting coincidence, I probably look just like that Asian foreign exchange student that did a semester abroad at your school. And wait, didn't you meet me already? Wasn't I at that party last year? No? Oh right, that was some Korean kid.

:x

It seriously pisses me off how often I (and every other Asian I know) gets comments like this. Especially in the footbag community. There are, what, 5 asian footbaggers in the sport at a high level? Is it too much effort to distinguish between us? :? And none of us look anything alike either. Gah, just wanted to vent.

FootbagGuru
Fearless

Post by FootbagGuru » 09 Nov 2005 16:29

hey, i have an asia foriegn exchange student at my school named Yuya, he dont play footbag though, mad good at soccer if i may say.
Gravity is a suggestion, not a law.

full nelson
8-Bit Ninja

Post by full nelson » 09 Nov 2005 19:15

Haha, good topic Caleb. Last weekend, I saw Jeremy Mirken. John's roomate is a skater and he invited all these guys over from around Ohio to come skate the area and one of them was a Gromet clone. He looked and sounded just like him just with different hair.

When watching a skate video, skaters talk just like how footbaggers talk when watching a shred video. "That was sick!" "I don't like his style." "That trick was insane" etc. And I had no idea what was going on while watching. If you switched trick names, it'd be the same conversation.
Brad

Caleb
Fearless

Post by Caleb » 09 Nov 2005 19:48

That's hilarious Brad. I can't ever tell if skaters are doing slightly different things (i wonder if any of you have ever heard that about footbag :D )

Anyway, on a sidenote since I was asked: I'm studying Electrical Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. And from what it sounds like, Linear Circuits is the same as just plain Circuits to the rest of the world. I bet you use a ton of linear algebra to evaluate your problems too. It's kicking my ass. Oh, and also, since I'm in the circuits lab right now I asked. The Linscott clone is a senior in Computer Engineering and doesn't seem quite as peronable as the original.

Hey C-Fan, you mean you're really not Tu and Tuan Vu? I thought they were just your nicknames. :lol:
Steel City Freestyle

Caleb Abraham

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 09 Nov 2005 21:13

If I go to worlds and get asked if I'm tu or tuan or any other footbagger for that matter (unlikely) then I'll tell them I am and then "the" all my moves :D

I've always thought Jude Law looks like Jeremy Mirken but since I've only ever seen Jeremy in internet videos that could be way off :P

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 09 Nov 2005 22:39

The drummer at church looks exactly like Jorden Moir lol, and I have told him this :).

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 09 Nov 2005 23:04

EDIT: to make myself a bit more clear... I was making a point to Ken on how these kinds of "stereotypes" can work both ways... even when there are no obvious similarities...
Last edited by SlashC on 10 Nov 2005 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 10 Nov 2005 00:20

Taken down!
Last edited by qphox on 10 Nov 2005 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 10 Nov 2005 01:04

I saw the female version of Vojta Polak in Bordeaux, France the other day

OMG Kevin best pic ever
Ian Pritchard - http://www.ausfootbag.org

'People, just play Footbag and stop being dickheads!' - Michał Biarda

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 10 Nov 2005 01:14

I was to a party for a couple of weeks ago with a guy that looked exactly like C-Fan and he had exactly the humour i think Ken has. hehe..
But he was danish, can you talk danish Ken?

HackyRichard
BSOS Beast

Post by HackyRichard » 10 Nov 2005 02:18

Michael Hanson has more than a passing resemblance to the net player John Leys (spelling?), at least this was the case back at '04 worlds in Montreal.
Richard Pearce

skoxn
Multidex Master

Post by skoxn » 10 Nov 2005 05:56

mads neuhard from denmark looks EXACTLY like brad pitt!!!!!!!!!

i was so stoked, when i´ve seen him first time!
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!