Footbaggers influenced by Soccer

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
hakkpakk
Shredaholic

Footbaggers influenced by Soccer

Post by hakkpakk » 03 Feb 2007 11:57

I've played soccer for about 12 years and I used to juggle the soccer ball and average around 40 hits. From that, I started "hacking" with the beaded sack and got in the 100's. Now I am freestyling with my footfighter. I still play soccer on a team and footbag. Are there alot of soccer players out there that footbag now or who know how to footbag from soccer?

Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 03 Feb 2007 12:02

I used to play soccer but haven't in about 4-5 years. I wouldn't be surprised though if that's where I acquired my original coordination.
Alan Underhill

http://www.myspace.com/pyroman924

"The more you drop, the better you get." -Ben Rinowski

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 03 Feb 2007 16:00

I played soccer (football) from age 4 to about age 17 (I'm 25 now). Funny thing is, I played goalkeeper. I loved playing GK, such a FUN position. It requires so much athletic ability IMO. I was NEVER good at juggling a soccer ball, to this day I can't get more than 10 contacts probably. I got a footbag when I was 10 and started learning hacking. It wasn't till many years after I stopped playing soccer that I learned about freestyle footbag.

A lot of footbaggers mention that they get asked if they play soccer. I get asked this all the time. The skills may overlap some, you can be an awesome juggler and suck at all the other aspects of soccer (football).

setman
Banned user

Post by setman » 03 Feb 2007 17:07

what do you mean by juggle a soccer ?

kickin ball and it can' fall down to the ground?
Kamil Hucal

hakkpakk
Shredaholic

Post by hakkpakk » 03 Feb 2007 20:51

I played Goalkeeper for 12 years and during practices, I always juggled the soccer ball and many kids were amazed at how many touches i could get(alot with the head) But soccer has def helped me with my footbag skills

setman
Banned user

Post by setman » 04 Feb 2007 02:25

hakkpakk wrote:I played Goalkeeper for 12 years and during practices, I always juggled the soccer ball and many kids were amazed at how many touches i could get(alot with the head) But soccer has def helped me with my footbag skills
hmmm i think i know what do you mean by juggle. I've played soccer for hmm 13 years. i rememeber that when i was maybe 9 or 10 i did more than 200 touches with legs and more than 20 with head. still, i can do something around 100 toueches with legs. i don't think that football(soccer) helped me with footbag. i believe footbag helped me with mini toes juggle with soccer ball :P

sorry for my english one again.
Kamil Hucal

dyalander
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by dyalander » 04 Feb 2007 18:14

I played soccer since I was 4 and switched to footbag around age 21. I could already do atw both directions both legs with a soccer ball and do clipper kicks, flying butterflies and stuff, so it was quite easy for me to switch to footbag in regards to my toe game and clipper kicks. But learning clipper stalls took quite a while.
Who wears short shorts?
Dylan Govender.

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 04 Feb 2007 22:16

football is a huge part of my life!
because of football and injuring my knee, i found footbag as a rehabilitaiton.
even though i love footbag and the whole community... it always takes a back seat to football where my heart will always be.
even if im not actually playing football ... a lot of times i'll watch a match instead of going to a shred.

I also support the Chicago Fire .. the major football club in chicago, and i am a part of the supporters group.
Therefore i should be in toronto around may for the home opener of the toronto fc!

Live matches are always better then televised matches .
but matches at home are worse than matches at pubs.

http://www.section8chicago.com
-fire ultras 98-
polish fire fans

hakkpakk
Shredaholic

Post by hakkpakk » 05 Feb 2007 09:13

Hell yeah, this upcoming mls should be interesting with beckham playing for LA. But I support columbus since they are the closest team to pittsburgh and only 2 hour drive to go to their matches.

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 05 Feb 2007 12:54

I was in Columbus for a match in September ... great time! and we won! yeayuh!

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 05 Feb 2007 15:50

Beckham isnt that great, and he's definitely over paid. and definitely wont bring more attention to the MLS
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

hakkpakk
Shredaholic

Post by hakkpakk » 05 Feb 2007 16:43

HG wrote:Beckham isnt that great, and he's definitely over paid. and definitely wont bring more attention to the MLS
Yeah he def wont, he just wants to be in hollywood and be an actor and was already in a superbowl commercial. He's a mid so he won't make a huge impact. Claudio Reyna is playing for the red bulls so they should be good. That would be sweet if Zidane got signed to Chicago but he doesnt want to come out of retirement

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 05 Feb 2007 17:41

I live in (near) Columbus.

Crew games aren't all that exciting.

MLS in general isn't exciting. International soccer is a lot better.

I think that the only thing soccer helps you with in footbag is just a little bit of overall coordination.
Danny P.

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 05 Feb 2007 19:54

HG wrote:Beckham isnt that great, and he's definitely over paid. and definitely wont bring more attention to the MLS
Actually Beckham is pretty damn good ... he's not young anymore, but he's still a world class player.

And he is bringing attention to the MLS ... I found out about his signing on B96 out of all places, and all they could think about was him and posh coming to Chicago. Also beckham coming to the mls is making other world class players consider coming to the mls ... instead of just asking what the hell that mls thing is.
without beckham coming over here ... newyork would have never tried getting ronaldo or figo and the fire wouldnt have even thought about contacting zidane.

Yea he's getting payed a lot ... so you can say he's overpaid ... but what about a lot of baseball players and many other players ... are they not overpaid also. I remember jordan getting payed ridiculous amounts of money just to come back for single seasons.
Pirate Man wrote:Crew games aren't all that exciting.
yea i know :)

LameR
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by LameR » 05 Feb 2007 23:11

quadgun wrote:
Actually Beckham is pretty damn good ... he's not young anymore, but he's still a world class player.

And he is bringing attention to the MLS ... I found out about his signing on B96 out of all places, and all they could think about was him and posh coming to Chicago. Also beckham coming to the mls is making other world class players consider coming to the mls ... instead of just asking what the hell that mls thing is.
without beckham coming over here ... newyork would have never tried getting ronaldo or figo and the fire wouldnt have even thought about contacting zidane.

Yea he's getting payed a lot ... so you can say he's overpaid ... but what about a lot of baseball players and many other players ... are they not overpaid also. I remember jordan getting payed ridiculous amounts of money just to come back for single seasons.
Pirate Man wrote:Crew games aren't all that exciting.
yea i know :)
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Saying Beckham isn't that great and won't bring attention to the MLS is ridiculous. His game was never about amazing skills at forward and dribbling through hordes of players. He's a player that sets up others. I don't see that skill detereorating with age as much as if he had been a forward relying on speed. As mentioned before, by coming to the States, he's opened the door for other players to come in the future. Ronaldo was one I've heard mention he's interested.
-connor campbell
prosers-pros of the posers-
I like my sugar with coffee and cream.