chewing gum while playing

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.

Do you like chewing gum while kicking?

1) Yes
No votes
4) Don't notice when I do
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 22 May 2003 21:43

W'sup,

I'm not much of a gum chewer. I honestly think I would not be able to concentrate on shredding because I'd be too worried about choking on the damn thing.

I'm a curser. Big time. I try not to do it when there are big crowds watching or children nearby. I try. It doesn't always work. It gets worse the more frustrated I get. I've kicked a footbag into the lake, thrown bags onto the ground causing a seam to bust, and punched concrete floor really friggin hard.

This is why I sometimes preffer to hack instead of shred. Circle kickng is much less frustrating.

Laterz,
Zeke
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Chris Holden
Dolla Llama

Post by Chris Holden » 23 May 2003 06:58

Bodybuilders almost always chew gum (spearmint works best I think) while working out to get thier mind off the pain. It always helps clear my mind of a lot of pain to have something minty. I regularly use these energy mints with gensing and a few other treats in them, works great.

SlapNut
BSOS Beast

Post by SlapNut » 26 May 2003 12:39

anytime I chew gum while doing something that requires concentration, I seem to concentrate more on chewing the gum than what I'm supposed to be concentrating on, so I just swallow the damn thing before I start kicking.

I do like chewing gum though. Polar Ice is the best :P

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 26 May 2003 17:14

The way I look at it is how gum is viewed on a theater stage. It's a distraction, and baaaad shit can happen if you choke on it. However, to each their own. I'm just concerned about the safety of both myself and my fellow footbaggers. However, caffinated mints... that may be something... hmm.... <goes to http://www.thinkgeek.com>
John D

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 26 May 2003 17:16

Aw man, penguin mints are my weakness. I'd do just about anything for a tin of those badboys. :)
this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.

Hacky_Slacker
Fearless

Post by Hacky_Slacker » 26 May 2003 20:20

cicazshred wrote...
"...and punched concrete floor really friggin hard."
i did that today as a matter of fact, working on ripped warrior, only mine was a brick wall...
now my knucke is swollen and super tender. i cant even contact juggle!! i wish i had not punched the stoopid wall. BUT!!!!!
i hit ripped warrior right afterwards! (yay)
Superprofundo on the early eve of your day!
...*sniff* ". . . I miss my cupcake!"

Dustin Camper

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 26 May 2003 22:34

Uhh.. semi-props? lol. Good job on the rip warrior. :)
John D