Just a thought on promoting footbag

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
JeffOverbo
Multidex Master

Just a thought on promoting footbag

Post by JeffOverbo » 15 Sep 2009 22:10

As I walked through the mall the other day I noticed many stands crowding the center of the large hallways littered with stores. These stands include everything from salt from the dead sea for the skin, to bling bling stands and toy helicopters that worked like boomerangs. Many of times I noticed that these people were demonstrating the use of their products.

I then wondered what it would take to get one of these sections rented out with a good player to demonstrate the product (footbags, hacky sacks, apparel, shoes) right by the booth. I believe that this would be a rather good method of not only promoting the sport, but also expanding members in the club. This would of course take a lot of setting up, but say Fourkast did it in a Portlands mall near them with all their merchandise, it could potentially be great business.

Any thoughts/inputs on this?
Hi.

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 20 Sep 2009 06:31

That could really work. It all depends on how good of a salesmen you are and also how much the mall charges for renting that space. I see those guys who work at those stands and they look like they are board to death and a lot of times it looks like they're not getting much business. Your main consumers would be children and teens, the main problem with that is that they don't have any money and parents have already learned that they have wasted their money on too many toys that just sit there and never get used. It could fail for many reasons but it could also be very successful and help promote the sport.
Drew Martin

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 20 Sep 2009 07:10

this would be a good promotion but i doubt the business would be good if i went through with it i wouldnt even have 32s there only sandmasters or other cheap bags. cuz i highly doubt after seeing a short demo anybody would pay $25+ for a bag the size of a golf ball

perhaps you can have shoes there too?

lineman
Shredalicious

Post by lineman » 20 Sep 2009 20:12

I think it's hard for people to understand this: "well.. I bought the bag why can't I play like the "seller"

The RC Heli is so much easier to fly.. without 2+ years of practicing.

But I think we should try anyways.
Caio Nery Filho
www.caiones.com.br

JeffOverbo
Multidex Master

Post by JeffOverbo » 21 Sep 2009 17:29

Another thing as well as shoes that could possibly help out is a well put together video of beginner tricks. Perhaps how a freestyler should grow, essentially starting with kicks. After seeing someone doing freestyle in the mall however, it would be hard for them not to fast forward straight to mirage or whatever trick they so choose in the video without any knowledge of toe stalls and what not. This may be combated by listing a meeting spot for the club, and encouraging people who are watching and interested to show up and learn. I believe if done correctly this could be a large step forward 1 mall at a time.
Hi.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 21 Sep 2009 20:34

sounds like a good idea.

ThisIsFate
Multidex Master

Post by ThisIsFate » 22 Sep 2009 04:48

I would say the BEST way to promote footbag is to get Vasek, Damien, Jim Penske, jorden moir, Milan, hoza etc.. to join American Talent, like a massive join. Im sure their performaces will capture the audience's attention more than just ameture footbagger's, and can really show what real footbag rountines are like. There are thousand audience + Tv broadcasting, youtube channel for this show. It will do better than just promoting in a local area. Just compare American Talent show video to Average Footbag vidoes on youtube, you will see the range differences in views.
kungho