Your Opinions?

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.

Would you order one of my bags online?

Yes.
No votes
Too expensive for my blood.
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

Mezza550
Shredalicious

Your Opinions?

Post by Mezza550 » 22 Jul 2003 22:40

I was thinkin... Everyone loves the freedom footbags. The only bummer is that they tend to die fairly quickly (I've found that they usually bleed to death in at least a month of regular use). I found a way to make them myself, except with a higher quality synthetic suede... Everyone who shreds with em' love the bags. I've already sold a couple to people in person... And they don't die.

The bags are filled with sand, can come in any combination of color (eventually), have 4 panels, feel soft and stall like a dream. I'm not really up to sewing bags with more than 12 panels, takes too much time! Based on the premise that they're at LEAST as good as freedom bags but are of a higher quality make, I think I may have a market.

My girlfriend and I are pretty creative (both artists)... we can make a pretty damn cool website for them, come up with some creative packaging, logos, etc.... My question is, would people buy them? At $10 a bag, would YOU buy one? I'm probably going to offer free shipping, at least to start.

If anyone has some ideas or critique of my idea, please let me know. Also, if anyone knows of some fairly good free or near-free web hosting, that'd be awesome. Thanks!
--Mezza--

Mezza Footbags - High quality bags for high quality shredders. - http://www.freewebs.com/mezzafootbags

Iain
1337 h4x0r

Post by Iain » 23 Jul 2003 01:34

well u need other peoples opinions. All marketers say they're item is the best. If u can get other people on the forums to say ur bags are good, then more people will buy. One way is to give out like 5 or so to random people on the forums. Then wait for the feedback.
Hello, my name is Iain George.

-solid-
BSOS Beast

Post by -solid- » 23 Jul 2003 04:07

maybe ya can post a pic of them :)
Belgian Kick Crew
Dimitri Van Den Berg

SlapNut
BSOS Beast

Post by SlapNut » 23 Jul 2003 06:02

You Revs die in a month? I've kicked with one of mine since April and it's still great!

Brian
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Brian » 23 Jul 2003 06:13

Last edited by Brian on 18 Dec 2004 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

SlapNut
BSOS Beast

Post by SlapNut » 23 Jul 2003 06:16

Yeah I think they accidentally made a bunch of faulty bags a couple months back. The glue in the little filling hole kept coming undone...

Chris Holden
Dolla Llama

Post by Chris Holden » 23 Jul 2003 07:55

A rule I learned from my old marketing department was, never mention your competition. The first thing you did was say "freedom footbags" thus, I'm reminded, I need to get more freedom footbags.

Is there any way I can get one of your bags for review? I'd actually be very interested in getting a lot of bags, and posting extensive reviews on the forums. That'd be a great addition to the forum, as well as some other things I've been thinking about.

BTW, I've been using this Freedom in my pocket for months and it's great, may be nearing the end of it's time, but that's why I have another new one, right here. ;)

Panda Licker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Panda Licker » 23 Jul 2003 08:27

i cant see how a suede bag would be any better than a Freedom. If you were making facile ones, then maybe i'd be interested

Also, are you using the same exact pattern as Freedom? cause if you are, thats super illegal.
-Angelo Oliveria

SlapNut
BSOS Beast

Post by SlapNut » 23 Jul 2003 08:39

yeah he might have to pay royalties to Paul Mestas and Daryl!

But then again, most of the 32 panel stitchers use the same pattern.

the Executioner
BSOS Beast

Post by the Executioner » 23 Jul 2003 09:11

First of all Freedom footbags dont die quickly.
Freedom is a very pure and small company that
puts a ton of support into footbag. Darryl is a great
guy who makes his living off of this, you dont want
to steal his buisness do you?
Like slapnut and panda said, it is illegal.
Plus, you can get a freedom bag anywhere for
less than 8 bucks anyhow.

Chris Holden
Dolla Llama

Post by Chris Holden » 23 Jul 2003 09:27

You can get Freedom bags really cheap if live near Daryl. ;)

The Ex is right, Daryl does so much, actually we all do. Anytime some kids check out whats up we give them a free bag. I always keep extra freedoms on me to give away.

You should find a way to make your bags something special, be it a visual or whatever, and give them away, free, for like a year to build your name and get a reputation as someone that wants to push the sport and not just make some money.

Panda Licker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Panda Licker » 23 Jul 2003 09:31

SlapNut wrote:yeah he might have to pay royalties to Paul Mestas and Daryl!

But then again, most of the 32 panel stitchers use the same pattern.
but i think they are geometric designs. and a soccer pattern is generic, which is wut alot of the bags are
-Angelo Oliveria

carl winslow
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by carl winslow » 23 Jul 2003 11:06

it is better for the sport for more people to make quality bags. When companies compete the conusmer wins. People will make better bags for cheaper if there is more compitition.
Reginald VelJohnson

Post by Guest » 23 Jul 2003 11:33

You beat me to it mezza. I am making 4 panel bags (a diiferent design). Some of facile and some crushed panne. I also make 12 and 32 panel facile. I may soon start selling them.

I just anounced it a bit too late :wink:

Mezza550
Shredalicious

Post by Mezza550 » 23 Jul 2003 11:42

Thanks for the input guys!

It seems like quite a few people are eager to try out the hacks, which I'll likely end up doing. I'll post a new message about that when I have time to actually sew them together. All I'll ask for in return is shipping cash and a written review.

Regarding freedom footbags... I'm not sure what it is, but I went through quite a few of them, and the fabric always seems to become 'loose'. The filling then proceeds to drain fairly quickly. Also, I'm not certain that there would be any grounds for legalities. The pattern is fairly common, I don't think that it is specific to freedom bags (??)... And if so, is such a pattern copywrited? Scott's facial tissue isn't much different from Kleenex, just the name. Besides, I did actually make the pattern myself, when I started I made 10 bags, 3 of which were actually usable! I had ones that were too big, too small, shaped like a football.. :) In addition to that however, I would sell my bags on the premise that the fabric is of higher quality, and that the filler sand is rather unique, "High quality sand from the pacific coast of Oregon, the state that gave birth to Footbag". Beautiful!

Thanks for your continued help everyone! Oh, and there are pictures available. Go to: http://photos.yahoo.com/mezza550 and click on the 'Footbag' album.
--Mezza--

Mezza Footbags - High quality bags for high quality shredders. - http://www.freewebs.com/mezzafootbags

SlapNut
BSOS Beast

Post by SlapNut » 23 Jul 2003 11:45

Your avatar is irritating me, Mezza :P
every time I read one of your posts, I imagine you as a car salesman trying to push something on me!

You don't actually look like that do you?

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 23 Jul 2003 11:50

[quote="Chris Holden"]

Is there any way I can get one of your bags for review? I'd actually be very interested in getting a lot of bags, and posting extensive reviews on the forums. That'd be a great addition to the forum, as well as some other things I've been thinking about.

quote]

TSK always trying to get stuff for free arent you chris? :wink:

o ive had 1 REVOLUTION (before freedom footbags) for 2 years at least. But I never shred. Also, people said that an abshire would only last a few months?? Ive had mine like a year and i still consider it fairly new
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

Mezza550
Shredalicious

Post by Mezza550 » 23 Jul 2003 12:05

SlapNut wrote:Your avatar is irritating me, Mezza :P
every time I read one of your posts, I imagine you as a car salesman trying to push something on me!

You don't actually look like that do you?
Wouldn't you love to be behind the wheel of this beauty? It comes with a 3000 mile power train warrenty, ABS, Cruise, A/C and it only has 89,000 miles. Say, how much were you looking to spend to today? No, that's not rust.
Last edited by Mezza550 on 23 Jul 2003 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
--Mezza--

BrianW
BSOS Beast

Post by BrianW » 23 Jul 2003 12:35

Mezza550 wrote: and it only has $89,000 miles.
what are money miles? haha
Every man has their technique, and they are all different......when you know mine.....youll be dead.

Brian Warner

Post by Guest » 23 Jul 2003 12:53

Eactly what I was thinking.