Dave Holton

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Muffinman
the gimp

Dave Holton

Post by Muffinman » 20 Mar 2011 14:30

I'm looking for current contact info for Dave Holton. If you can help me out please send me a PM. Thanks a bunch :)

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 21 Mar 2011 12:18

Erik,

When you manage to get in touch with him, tell him I said Hi!

Sorry I can't really help you with his contact info -- I've fallen out of touch with him too. Of everybody out there who MIGHT know where to reach him, I'd try Eli Piltz. Red Husted may also be able to help, though I'd bet that he has also lost touch, sadly.

Dave was in a band for a while, I think that their name was something like "Magnet Head" -- it may help if you're doing a google search...

Good luck.

By the way, I was browsing around the interweb last week and was very pleased to stumble upon this old site --

http://dallas.footbag.org/

-- I'm very surprised that this web-site even still exists at all. Its got a whole bunch of video clips from Dave Holton and many other shredders, some of whom it is pretty tough to find any video of at all now-a-days.
Its worth a look. I mean, Erik, you've surely seen this site before, but there are many shredders now who have never seen Dave bust...

edit -- watching some of these videos at work :) I'm so glad I remembered this web-site -- I'm going to enjoy slowly going through all these old vids. Keep in mind, whoever set this site up didn't necessarily have access to the best possible footage that was available from these shredders -- I think that they just filmed what they filmed and posted whatever they had. None-the-less, its still a great walk down memory lane for me... vintage footage of Dave Holten, Ahren German, Noah Dubreuil, and Eric Wulff... this site is like a buried treasure, a time capsule...
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 21 Mar 2011 13:14

I asked Eli and Red. Thanks for the heads up though!

LinoSphere
BSOS Beast

Post by LinoSphere » 21 Mar 2011 16:21

[off-topic, as i haven't even met dave. anyways:]

jon, thanks so much for digging up that old site, i had no clue it was still online! these videos were - along with the few ones .org had - the only input we got back then, before i got my copy of aggressive grounds in 2001. a time capsule, indeed! so many memories! and i think it's been at least 8 years since i watched any of these.
i guess i can finally go back to watching these videos and be able to decipher what's happening. i know i wasn't always back then ;)
Matthias Lino Schmidt

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 21 Mar 2011 20:39

off-topic also but yes this really does bring back fond memories. All we had as far as video resources were back then was dallas footbag and Eric and Carol doing trick demos on a tennis court on f.org!

I love those Worlds 99 videos. It seems tripless was THE thing to do back then!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

mentor
BSOS Beast

Post by mentor » 23 Mar 2011 11:45

WOW! What a trip down the memory lane... 8O
Mads Hole

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 05 Apr 2011 21:54

Erik,

If you haven't found him yet, try contacting Eric Windsor or Chad D. They may have the heads up.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.