PRIZE MONEY EVENTS

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

PRIZE MONEY EVENTS

Post by Jazzkid » 03 Nov 2011 10:14

As of now there are 17 days left for players to get their entries in for my online comp. I have put up $50 buck and Dale has agreed to put up $100 and Max is in for $50 I.. so with two winners thats $100 for the winner of the DEX HUNT and $100 for the winner of the ADD HUNT.

these are my thoughts on this....
I feel that it would be awesome for us as players to show our appreciation to the top players in our sport by encouraging them through words and MONETARY means to get involved in this competition. I feel that for the love of our sport, the dedication to the game, and the ability of our masterful players, they should be rewarded for their achievements. Any since footbag jobs are not currently in ridiculous demand, we have an opportunity to show the players whom we idolize they we want them to compete, push themselves, and be rewarded with props and a monetary prize.

So ...I am asking anyone that is interest in contributing a $5 or $10 donation to the winners of these comps to do so. My paypal is markmonistere@hotmail.com I will list every contributor in the video when I make it. Every single penny will go to the winners. It would be ideal to have $100 bucks go to each winner and maybe even $50 go to the second place finishers. If any one wants to stitch bags for the winners that would also be great. To have the champion of these events get one of your bags would be great for you and for them.

With setting the entry criteria so high for these events , I am directing this competition to the top players in our sport and asking them to challenge themselves, compete, and show off to us what is going to be ridiculously epic stuff. So if you think you will enjoy seeing 30+ dexes in 10 tricks, seeing 4 super big add tricks in a row , and want to encourage the best to showcase their best then please contribute. I will list all of the donations and post here what they are up to. When the goal is met, i will post it .
Just to mention, multiple world champions and other top players in our sport have already expressed interest in this comp.

Discuss , post, contribute, and all that good stuff

here is the link to the comp and the rules
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=22663

8) OH YEAH >>>>>AND IF YOU CAN ENTER >>>DO IT!
Last edited by Jazzkid on 13 Nov 2011 18:31, edited 3 times in total.
SHRED HARD!

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 03 Nov 2011 11:59

I just paypaled you 50 making it a cool 100$ for each comp winner.

I have other ideas for future comps that I'd like to see. Will discuss in another thread.
Last edited by max on 03 Nov 2011 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 03 Nov 2011 12:25

max wrote:I just paypaled you 50 making it a cool 100$ for each comp winner.

I have other ideas for future comps that I'd liked to see. Will discuss in another thread.

:D Thanks ...this is great.... $100 for 1st place. 2nd place prize pending donations.

Would be glad to discuss ideas for future comps 8)

SO FAR SO GOOD...
8)
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 13 Nov 2011 18:31

Jeremy Mellor has stitched two cool bags for 2nd place prizes. Thanks man..
For both ADD and DEX comps

1st place=$100
2nd place=footbag

After over one hundred views....I am happy that one person has donated money and another has donated bags , but I guess I am a little surprised that no one has pm me about this....or even posted about this... the prizes sound good as of now, but I guess I expected that at least one or two players would send a buck towards the winner. Oh well.....thanks to Dale Waldren, Maxime Boucoiranm, Jeremy Mellor, Richard Abshire, myself, and THE COMPETITORS who have been working on their submissions....
Im super excited to see them 8) :footbag:
SHRED HARD!

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 13 Nov 2011 21:35

I'm pretty excited about this!!!
even though I won't win anything, I hope to at least hit a beast in my 4, which will push my game :)
also very excited to see someones hit four 7's and see how many dexes can be done in 10 tricks.

Thanks to everyone who is sponsoring this event amd thanks for running it!
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 16 Nov 2011 09:37

^ 8)
SHRED HARD!