North American Freestylers Headcount

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 17 Feb 2012 09:52

I play

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 17 Feb 2012 11:12

Just realized I forgot Ian Brill.. Ian, if you're reading this it's a sign you need to play with us more!

If we're counting dedicated tiltless players, PSU has three more. Ivan Iakimenko, George Hayward, Ryan Morris -- they were all at East Coasts last year

Also, I'm definitely calling boston the boson crew from here on out 8)

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Feb 2012 11:34

Bob Riefer is still playing strong Guiltless and I get to kick with him when I visit home.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 17 Feb 2012 12:59

Yeah, I wasn't sure about Riefer, since he doesn't post on the forums, or post video, or attend tournaments anymore. I also left off Reilley Adamson and Dan Reed from my list, since they aren't quite at the guiltless level, but I understand that they play regularly with Justin Dale, and they attended USO last year.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Feb 2012 14:21

Yeah, Bob just plays for fun and for exercise after his long work days. He's definitely still shredding and improving. He just doesn't go on the forum or post videos. He attended PA Jam last year though.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Feb 2012 14:28

Nick Pasquarello & Mike Angeski (both OH) are both so close to going full Guiltless and they both play quite a bit.

Ad we can't forget about Josh Gayhart, and Dan Greer (both PA) They were both at East Coasts.

Edit: What about Waylon?
Nick Polini

Funblog

Pirrotta
Shredalicious

Post by Pirrotta » 17 Feb 2012 15:46

Well i play 5-6 days a week, Tiltless and excluding the players in Victoria the only active player in Vancouver.

B.C represent!!
Antonio Pirrotta

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 17 Feb 2012 19:20

C-Fan wrote:I also left off Reilley Adamson and Dan Reed from my list, since they aren't quite at the guiltless level, but I understand that they play regularly with Justin Dale, and they attended USO last year.
I would say Dan Reed has turned that corner in the last six or seven months. He plays with ("dominates" might be more accurate) us every week and solo sessions. If anyone else here in Seattle should be on that list it's him.

Scott Behmer is regularly playing (knock on wood), and I'd definitely say he's guiltless.

I would also nominate Taylor Hamilton in Alaska. He practically teleconferences with us when our Seattle club kicks. He also hits some really cool stuff.

Finally, there is another player named Trevor Kokenge here in Seattle who plays as much as I do (two or more times a week at a tiltless-ish level), but I don't know if he's going to start going to events or posting here. Right now that's all I have over him.

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 17 Feb 2012 23:55

Wow. Thanks everyone. I think it's over 70 now which is awesome. But I can't help but notice there isn't even one confirmed active female player.(TayChaint, Cassy, Caro, Holly?)

I just got back from Seattle and looked through all of this really quick, so I may have missed some that you guys mentioned. Also when I have time maybe I'll organize them by state or elementary particle.
chris dean

ThisIsFate
Multidex Master

Post by ThisIsFate » 18 Feb 2012 20:35

I was kind semi active in vancouver, but recently the rain is really gay. I have tried to wait for a bus in the rain for 20 mins just to get to a shelter place to practice, but now I can't really keep it up. When the rain season is gone, I think ill be more active agian =\ Damn Raincouver
kungho

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Feb 2012 17:27

As for female players.. I don't think Cassy is active anymore. I kicked with her when I was in Canada for an internship last summer, and she said she doesn't normally play anymore. Shame. She has a lot of potential. I also played with Nathan D in Canada when I kicked with Cassy and I do believe he still plays regularly. He also produced a new video not too long ago.

Also on the topic of female footbag players, My girlfriend recently got into footbag and SHE has been asking ME to play and teach her stuff. It's a good sign that she actually wants to play, rather than me making her play lol But she's got really insane crank and she's been learning quickly. Not tiltless yet, but I'm going to be teaching her every week from now on and judging by her improvements already, I think she's going to get good. Plus she has fun with it and that's what you need to get good at footbag :)

Also, what about Sunny and Daryl? Anyone know anything on their kicking status?
Nick Polini

Funblog

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 19 Feb 2012 17:48

peter h in cali and jeff mudd.
dustin is now playing regularly with stanford again too.
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 05 Mar 2012 09:15

Add me in the Canada list

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 10 Mar 2012 18:17

Cool thread, I'm still playing but took a few weeks off recently because of school. Just started playing again today, going to continue as it gets warmer outside. Waiting for a successor here at Queen's University (first Tom Mosher, then me... who's next?!)

Kenar
Hack Fiend

Post by Kenar » 20 Mar 2012 21:05

I play 4-5 times a week. Getting better slowly. I'm probably the oldest active footbagger you'll come across, but I'm game.

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 21 Mar 2012 07:29

Add Conrad Rustad and Kendall Bain from Arizona. Josh Munstermann is about to get back into it.
Mike Green
footblog
kicking since Mar 27, 2011

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 21 Mar 2012 16:15

Ianek would be a logic addition :).

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 22 Mar 2012 05:03

I still play regularly, I still attend tournaments (when I can, family life is hard to work around), and I still lurk these forums.

Been in the sport too long to ever abandon it.
James McCullough

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 22 Mar 2012 07:44

james wrote:I still play regularly, I still attend tournaments (when I can, family life is hard to work around), and I still lurk these forums.

Been in the sport too long to ever abandon it.
Then you should hit me for a session :)!

Mat

yyz
Multidex Master

Post by yyz » 24 Mar 2012 03:13

yes you are missing me and The whole portion of footbag that plays net only
I am about so set up a pole to count heads in only a few states, it will be used to hopefully generate a fundraiser to benefit the IFPA
see ya ted f