THC?

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Derek
Fearless

THC?

Post by Derek » 22 Feb 2012 09:53

I know I've been blowing this thing up, but I just got into using it and it's too damn amazing to stop. Much appreciation to whoever posts, BUT my question for footbaggers is:

Who of you burn some grass?

I know people already assume if you are playing footbag, or hacky sack to their square ass, that you must smoke pot. I personally think this is very wrong, anyone who is advanced from what I've noticed, doesn't really partake. I Have no grudge against weed, and consume on the regular. Just very curious about the world of footbaggers.

Please don't hate on me for being a stoner.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 22 Feb 2012 16:41

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=20144

this topic has been rolled up a few times.....
SHRED HARD!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 22 Feb 2012 16:53

Sweet pun! If you intended it. I read through the whole thing, but it's mainly people putting up old and biased facts about marijuana which most aren't even true. I'd jump on it, but seems like it has been a while since anyone has posted. And rather not offend people with the truth.

Thanks for the heads up though!

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 23 Feb 2012 06:22

used to smoke 3-4 times a day especially whist injured. Weed itself is great and i love a chill sesh with a j and some good tunes but won't make you a better footbagger and even if you've got your shit together, will ultimately hurt your productivity. I still cough out black shit on the regular and its been a while since i've smoked and i'm still broke as hell.

i quit a litle over a month ago head feels the best it has in years and my shred game is the best it has been it years. not a coincidence but i'm not hating, keep toking if thats your thing, it is possible to be good at hack/ lead a productive life and burn all the time, just not for me anymore :).
Kevin Hogan

BSC

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 23 Feb 2012 07:48

Historically, there have been some players who smoked who did amazingly well. I feel like in recent years though, fewer smokers have been at the very top of the sport. Some of the best players in the sport do not smoke, and some of these guys don't drink either (Jay Boychuk, Jorden Moir, Dave Clavens).

There is also the separate question of whether or not people play when they smoke. For example, I drink alcohol in moderation, but I never play footbag while I'm drinking. Similarly, there must be footbaggers who smoke, but do not play while smoking.

My overall impression is that in order to be in the top echelon of the sport, people need all the motivation/lung capacity/focus they can get, and therefore the negatives of smoking during playing outweigh the positives. That's just my opinion though.

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 23 Feb 2012 08:26

i can only shred after the first toke or so of the day. i find myself a little sluggish towards the end of my day :lol: oh ya and it makes music that much more inspirational.
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 23 Feb 2012 08:39

Kevin, is this a permanent quit or just a break? I completely agree that it is not best to get down when under the influence of anything. But i do love a puff or two after a hardcore session. Nice way to let your body catch some well deserved rest.

Ken, you are awesome. I did want to ask that question, but the main reason for this post was to know if I went to a comp, there might be people to share with. I encourage marijuana(Yes I'm a bad influence), but would discourage it when it comes to getting down.

I personally feel that I am odd when it comes to pot. I hardly ever get the munchies, and when I do smoke it's never more than 3 puffs. I try and make sure I am sober for at least 2 days a week. Also, just a little side note. The use of marijuana, if done CORRECTLY, can actually make your lungs stronger. That was what the whole Michael Phelps thing was about(Plus he wanted to burn.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: THC?

Post by C-Fan » 23 Feb 2012 08:45

Derek wrote:I know people already assume if you are playing footbag, that you must smoke pot. I personally think this is very wrong, anyone who is advanced from what I've noticed, doesn't really partake.
Derek wrote: the main reason for this post was to know if I went to a comp, there might be people to share with.
In response to both of these, my experience with footbag culture is that it's not particularly closely tied to any other culture (e.g. rastas, hippies, goths, etc.). Therefore, the percentage of footbaggers who smoke pot is about the same as the percentage who smoke if you took any other similar sample of American males in the 16-25 demographic. You'd also probably find similar overlap percentages for stuff like videogames and tattoos. That is, I'm guessing the footbag world doesn't do any vice much more than the average for our demographic outside footbag. If anything, footbaggers likely get more exercise than our non-footbag demographic cohorts.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 23 Feb 2012 09:07

Like I said Ken, you are awesome. Thanks for more in-depth responses! I never even thought of it like that(Guess I should lay off the reefer for a bit). Quick question for you, what was/is your major? Seem like a freakin' philosopher, or is that footbag just courses through your blood stream?
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 23 Feb 2012 09:08

Didn't even notice your post Obara, my bad. So you only play when you are high?
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 23 Feb 2012 16:18

My cousin(Who I recently got into kicking around) said that yesterday he and the circle he was kicking with were stopped by police. They were all thoroughly patted down and searched for narcotics(Nothing was found). The suspicios behavior was that just cause they were playing footbag according to the cop(He used "Hacky Sack" of course). I know it's a shame on him for not knowing that isn't reason enough for searching, but that is some cold blooded business right there. This is in San Jose, CA.

Just thought that was a bit interesting.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 26 Feb 2012 22:54

Sucks for your cousin... That shit is whack.

I used to smoke pot, but I quit due to a condition I have, known as "Syncope"... Pretty much, my body cant handle huge changes in stimuli and it shuts down if I experience that.. Getting high often satisfied that change in stimuli, and I would sometimes pass out.

However, I had fun smoking pot in my old days... I'm actually over 4 months clean :) I used to enjoy smoking before sessions too... Not all the time, specifically when I was drilling or when I was experimenting with new tricks and little creative tricks. I felt like I was controlling a world in that little bag. I really liked to get high and play footbag.

I must say that now, since I don't smoke anymore, I enjoy having a clear head for once and it's REALLY nice to not always store my keys in the freezer and wonder why there is a melted ice cream sandwich in my pocket.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 27 Feb 2012 10:49

Right?! Oh dang, yeah I get ya. How did you not pass out everytime(Sativa or Indica type of person?)? More power to you man. It's funny you say that. Hella thought about trying to do a spoof of "Horton Hears a Who", just with a footbag, not a fuzz ball.
it's REALLY nice to not always store my keys in the freezer and wonder why there is a melted ice cream sandwich in my pocket.
Freakin' hilarious.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 02 Mar 2012 22:39

I would like more music threads than this old pot stuff. Music sets my shred on the right track.
And yes I remember getting stopped by cops over 20 years ago hacking, they are just happy that you aint causing trouble, doint read too much into it and think they are anti hacking.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 02 Mar 2012 23:50

I totally wanted to do a post about music, cause I've been wanting to expand. Katastro, Passafire, RX Bandits, Streetlight Manifesto, The Expendables, Or Ballyhoo! are some good bands in my opinion.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 14 Mar 2012 17:04

i may be notorius for playing only while high. havent had a sober session in years. and in general, the more I smoke the better I play. and i'm talking smoke right before I shred, and maybe an inspirational break in between.
come shred at stanford and witness it for yourself!

I have to agree that music + weed have the 2 biggest influences on how well I play/ if I want to.

i also like to have a few shots before I play sometimes.
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 14 Mar 2012 19:36

I'm writing comprehensively on marijuana (and plants in general) in my undergraduate biology thesis. It's still pending approval but I consider myself an advocate for the beneficial effects of cannabis.

Personally, marijuana lets me think inductively as opposed to deductively which I've found to be extremely useful for scientific inquiry. In footbag, however, I have to say that I have never shredded while high.

I trust Brian in that regard 8)

Dr.vOOdOO
Hack Fiend

Post by Dr.vOOdOO » 17 Mar 2012 11:58

Oh, such unexpected topic here for me)

I don't smoke cigarettes, but I like blowing some stuff ("Cuz everythings better when you're high"), especially with other footbaggers. It's like another level, hope you understand what I mean :)
I'll never forget the smoking circle at last Worlds.. :roll:

But anyway everyone should be careful with this.
Ilya Sernov