shreds of 100

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Ohios1
Multidex Master

shreds of 100

Post by Ohios1 » 07 May 2012 18:43

alot of i issue is stamina. so i decied to go back and start over. ive been working on titless of 100 now and i can tell this is where my problem is.

So im wondering now what did you do to reach 100 tiltess or shreds of 100?

i cant just do tilt. ive dont guilt for awhile and ive drilled the shit out of it so i throw in some of that here and there but for the most part i just do drills and focus on breathing in order to get me there.
angeski

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 May 2012 19:40

I found that learning to breathe is essential for a 100 contact run. You need bail tricks that take such little effort that you can gain a second wind within the run when need be, even if you repeat the bail a few times in a row, like, 5 infinities or something to regain control of the bag, your muscles, and your air supply. I think what I did was just bail runs of 100 and then slowly added in a few non-bails at a time. Try to do, like, 20 osis > 20 butterflies > 20 ducking clippers, and keep repeating, or something, or even 40 of each. Another way is to do bail drills on repeat, like, butterfly > pdx mirage [repeat]. And for that I find that it helps to not count contacts, but to think of each drill rotation as a single contact. So that's only 25 contacts of the drill you need to do to reach 100. Once you can do 100 bails in a row start to do the same, but add a few non-bail (but still easier) tricks every 10 or 20 contacts-ish.

Basically, if you can't do 100 bails, you won't be able to do anything harder. And even just tons of bails is great for stamina. I do this to warm down almost every session. Not necessarily 100 contacts, but, like, 60+ish with some kind of bail repeat or drill..

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 11 May 2012 18:30

o ok. ive been breathing better so i now know what your talking about when it comes to breathing. for my shred of 100, i do legovers for bails but i dont like to do the same move more than 3 times in a row.For some reason doing more than 3 bugs me. ive got my shred high to 40 titless so for with my tiltless and guiltless drills. i know i can do more cause i drop it on the silliest things and i always to myself "what the". i know im good for a shred of 60 just havent practice strings that long for awhile.
angeski

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 12 May 2012 00:42

It might also help if you practice consecutive tricks. So, like, 50 legovers in a row shouldn't be a problem if you're hoping to do 100 tiltless. You don't have to necessarily do 50 in a row for your 100 contact run, but it will help with consistency (silly drops) and stamina.

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 12 May 2012 15:40

yea i can do 65 legovers b2b. ok ill give that a shot.i just hate doing the same move over and over again. i feel cheap.
angeski

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 13 May 2012 15:57

i feel cheap.
I'd pay top dollar for ya. :wink:

I like Erik's reasoning as it trains muscle memory, however I haaaate doing the same move over and over and over. Especially boring moves like butterfly. When I go for 100 tiltless I like to hit pretty much all the tiltless moves from every angle.

For example I'll start off with 20 toes like mirage>ss illusion>rpt>illusion>ss mirage>rpt>legover>ss pickup>rpt>pickup>ss legover>rpt etc. and then hit the same moves from clipper. So, clipper>bubba>clip>mirage>clip>pickup>etc. Then do the pdx versions. Clip>pdx illusion>clip>pdx mirage>etc. Then I do the same thing but from an osis. So osis>bubba>clip>osis>mirage>etc. >osis>pdx illusion>clip>osis>pdx mirage>etc.

It's kinda drillish, but drills bore me so I usually mix it up and throw in drifters and duck clips and stuff throughout to keep the string more exciting.

But like Erik said, repetition is the best way to work up to it. Good luck with 100.
Doug Tank

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 13 May 2012 17:16

Thanks Doug.lmao that's more than I ever imagined. Yea I have these drill that I do to repeat.

Mirage-leg-swtich-atw-ss mirage rpt

Butter-ss leg-ssbutter-far leg-ss butter-ss leg-ss butter-far leg

Leg-ss leg-leg-ss leg-ducking leg-leg-leg-ducking leg

Clipper-far clip-osis-far clip-far clip-osis

I think I'm going to do what Erik said thou and throw in dome of the drills also. There's no reason I shouldn't get over 60 with that technique. I'll update this week.
angeski

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 14 May 2012 05:47

Michael Michael motorcycle, turn the key and make him pee.

Now that I've made a poem with your name, i will give you some tips..

To get tiltless x100, I spent an entire summer drilling tiltless stuff. Print out the entire 2 adds trick list from .org and do each trick, x 100 (i.e. Mirage> hand rpt x100) Do each one with absolute proper form. Summer is just starting, now is the time to do this sorta thing. At the end of summer, once you crossed off every 2 add, you will try for 100 tiltless and you will annihilate it.

Good luck man.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 14 May 2012 06:07

Couple of thoughts

-this and guitless was a big goal of mine too
-all of the above advice is good
-to reach your goal ...during whatever method u choose to start with ...u have to just get use to keeping the bag off the ground ... Go for good consisntent energy efficient runs and push through the end ...you will have some tricks that not only are easy for u but that u can regain control of your run ...
- as far as endurance .....push ..
- when I broke a 100 guitless it was with a bunch of different threes and also preset bails .. But I wish I could do 40 with cooler Links .

Anyway good luck
SHRED HARD!

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 14 May 2012 12:01

i tried for a min today and was able to 50 contact with some 3 drills in there but it felt pretty good. really wasnt out of breath. i felt i could do more. as for the advice im taking it all in and this is why im actually moving up. im half way and i fell better. peace. ill keep updating
angeski

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 15 May 2012 14:34

ok i did
10 legovers-10switchovers-(20 contacts of mirage-ss mirage rpt)-12 contacts of butter-pdxm rpt

that was pretty easy i might say. i still felt cheap but owhel
angeski

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 May 2012 21:50

When you get tire and need a rest, use these as a crutch:

~Osis> Osis
~Spinning Toe
~Ducking Toe
~Diving Toe
~Clipper> ss Clipper> Op Clipper> ss Clipper

I also find that links like the one below is really good for cranking up your numbers:

Toe op legover> ATW> Orbit> ATW> ss Legover (with plant)> ss Pickup (with plant)> Rpt

Point is, stick to one leg until it gets tired. That method really worked for me.

I'm rooting for ya Mike. You can break 100.[/code]
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 21 May 2012 15:40

ok got 60 now
10 legovers-10 switchovers-12 butter-pdxm-28 cts run with about 90%guiltless.

getting closer
angeski

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Jun 2012 13:30

I normally get bored by doing repeats and drills, but there's a value to them. I recently hit around 240 osis, which ended up being instructive to me. The two things I learned from this were:

1. Make every trick as efficient and energy-efficient as possible.
2. Find a rhythm. I feel like I entered a trance when I did my osis, and I stopped counting about halfway through.

So in a nutshell, the more you can make the run a low-energy flow, the easier it will be to keep going.

I also agree with the comments about using bail tricks to "re-set" when you get tired.

Hope this makes sense and is of some use.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=fUrZE4YvwxI[/youtube]

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 09 Jun 2012 08:58

^ super cool ...

Basically ...I agree with Ken ,
Recenty I decided to do the same and hit osis a bunch ..also did it with ducking clipper and infinity ...I hit 100+ of each ...with a break in between each group ...

I found that I also got into a trance like state and began to find the most efficient way and lowest energy cost way to do them ...

It helped me realize that when I do these tricks in my run they are usually not as efficient as they were compared to let's say somewhere between the 50- 100 osis, butterfly or ducking clipper count . And also the rhythm of my game needs to be even calmer while making sure to give each stall that extra cushion it needs. The next session I played I warmed up with semi High numbers of consecutives and it really made a difference in the pace and consistency of my session ..

I didnt Start using Rev swirl alot Until I could do 30+ of them ...It makes me think of how the player who can hit blurry whirl x 4 has a much different blurry whirl than someone like Norek that could hit 20 + of them ...

I do believe in bails I reset ...and also set up tricks ..
For me ..Dyno has been a set up trick for torque ...when I started doing them ...I always hit a torque after ..so now it's basically automatic ...I've also seen footage where Clavins uses a spinnin clipper for his set up and reset to hit a furious set right after it ...
SHRED HARD!