World-Wide "RECRUIT A Footbagger" Day: SEPT. 2

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

World-Wide "RECRUIT A Footbagger" Day: SEPT. 2

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Jun 2012 10:28

(PLEASE REPLY IN THE "Journies to Tourneys and Footbag Travel" section)

Hi my name is Nick. You may remember me from being a ding-dong on this forum and I also organized "World-Wide Play Footbag Day". Well My ultimate goal was to expand the sport and get some new players.... I know some players kicked all day in public and made videos, which was awesome! Thank you guys again!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzAHydo4 ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxDK1Xc3ns4[/youtube]

My idea expanded the sport a little, I guess, by showing footbag to some people who haven't seen it... But I was thinking the other day and I got a new Idea....

RECRUIT A Footbagger Day.

It's sort of similar to the old holiday I came up with, but with a new twist... Instead of just playing footbag in front of people, you gather your crew or just go out yourself and carry posters and flyers and actually vocally promote the sport to people (best bet is to aim for people who already play "hacky sack").

How?

:arrow: Create colorful posters summoning hacky sack players (you know there have to be hacky sackers amongst these crowds of people you see every day)

:arrow: Slogans like "Talk to us/me if you play hacky sack!" or "Learn from Pros!" or something like that to get a hacker's attention.

:arrow: Flyers to hand out with information and individual contact information

Judging from Chris Dean's North American Headcount thread, if every footbag crew/player in just North America did this and had at least ONE new recruit (maybe more!?), we would have expanded our sport by AT LEAST 24 players in JUST THE USA & CANADA! Plus I would hope other countries would get in on this idea, which means plenty more in Finland, Russia, Brazil, Czech Republic, Spain, etc...

And the way I look at it is if people who are all by themselves go and recruit on this day, maybe they can find a student/regular shred partner.

Yes, I know I'm not a BAP player or anyone special, but I see big things in the future of footbag, even if some of you may not. I think my new holiday might be one big answer we've been needing.

Let me know what you guys think.

(Also keep your eyes peeled for new ideas from Nathan Pipenberg and I. We've been talking and we think we have some really great ideas to promote the sport further.)
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman