A database of every trick hit on video

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
janis
Post Master General

Re: A database of every trick hit on video

Post by janis » 20 Nov 2013 11:37

Jeremy wrote:If Janis can come up with a better system, I'd be all for that, although I definitely want to maintain something on .org. It probably wouldn't be hard to to integrate something with .org, although it depends a lot on whether particular people let us, or tell us to wait until the update, which is what I'd been doing since 2004. Unfortunately I don't have the access or ability to help with that, so this is my main option, since I'd prefer to be doing something, and have something available, as opposed to continuing to wait, even if all this work is superseded.
I definitely think something belongs on .org and I'm really glad that you are pushing this forward because I really think the footbag community would benefit from a resource like this. Having something is way better than waiting for something perfect and ending up having nothing. What's this "update" that you mention?

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 20 Nov 2013 16:46

Supposedly the trick database on .org is going to be updated so that we can create a better list and add videos. I will certainly be happy to do what I can to support that when it happens, but I'd rather be doing something now while we wait :)

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 24 Dec 2013 10:46

Quick update: I have bought domains and webhosting. Right now I'm just trying to get this set up properly been setting up the server and writing code. Hopefully a skeleton site will be up soon.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 09 Jan 2014 20:18

It's still very early on but you can see the site at www.footbag.info and the code at github: https://github.com/shuttle1987/footbag-db.