John Stalberger's Footbag Book on Kickstarter

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

John Stalberger's Footbag Book on Kickstarter

Post by Jeremy » 13 May 2013 17:40

For anybody unaware, John Stalberger, the INVENTOR of footbag, is trying to get funding to publish a book about footbag! He has a kickstarter page where you can fund his project;

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mrh ... -sack-book

There's a cool video with some old skool footage and history attached to that.

I think this is a really great and exciting project, and so I hope everybody not only contribute to the project, but try to find ways of promoting the Kickstarter page in order to broaden the base of "backers" and get the project funded. You don't have to pay any money now, just to commit to paying money in a few months, and every donation will help, no matter how small. Of course larger backers get cool things like autographed photos of John, signed limited edition books, or even your own quote in the book!

Faco
Fearless

Re: John Stalberger's Footbag Book on Kickstarter

Post by Faco » 20 May 2013 02:21

It's a cool idea, hope it gets enough donations.

But I do have to wonder why does he need a good 24 thousand for a book. Isn't that a bit much?
Ales Zazaro

DubleDex
Shredaholic

Post by DubleDex » 20 May 2013 07:58

Actually publishing a book is pretty expensive (especially since it looks like he's going to print physical copies, not just ebooks). I'm guessing that just publishing the book alone will run him $5k to $10k if not a little more. Then he's going to need to promote the book if he plans to A) Get the physical copies into retailers (places like Barnes & Noble don't just put your book on their shelves out of the kindness of their hearts), and B) Generate any interest beyond the dedicated footbag community.

In my world, yeah, $24k is a lot of money. In the world of publishing and (especially) marketing, that's a pretty bare-bones figure.
Darren Kautz
Kicking since 1991

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 21 May 2013 04:14

I donated a little, hopefully I will be able to donate more later. Hope everybody else does aswell.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 28 May 2013 16:40

I donated.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 29 May 2013 21:30

9 days to go, but a lot more money needed. I doubled my commitment. Remember you don't need to pay anything unless the project is funded and nothing straight away. Think of the potential exposure for footbag, as well as the enjoyment you'll get out of reading a book about footbag written by the inventor! If you can't afford any amount at all, you should share the page wherever you can!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 31 May 2013 11:59

$101 donated. Good luck John!