World-Wide Googlemap of Freestyle Footbag

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

World-Wide Googlemap of Freestyle Footbag

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 29 Oct 2013 07:15

Hey every, in case you haven't seen my post on the Facebook group, here it is again.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... g2ZtK1JaSE

PLEASE plot your club (if I didn't plot it already) and individual player locations.

I'd like this map to be complete with all active clubs and active players sometime in the near future, so new players have a better view of who is in their area or near their area, rather than trying to follow the chaotic listings on .org.

INSTRUCTIONS:

PLOTTING CLUBS:

-Once you click the link, you will see the list of clubs/individual players
-To the top right of that list, you will see a search bar and underneath it, there should be an arrow pointing left, an arrow pointing right, and a location point icon (if you do not see the search bar, try using a different browser.. some people have had problems with it)
-To let the map know you want to make a "Club", click the word "Clubs/Crews" (However, it may already be selected so if it gives you the option to edit, you've selected it already and you can proceed to next step)
-Find your club location on the map (if not already plotted)
-When you find it, click the location point icon
-Click the area you want to represent your club
-It will now ask you to name your point, title it with your club's name and in the description, provide a link to your webpage/facebook group/.org club/etc..
-Click "Save"
-You should see your club on both the map and in the list under "Clubs/Crews"

To COLOR-CODE Your Club:

-Basically, I thought it would be helpful to have clubs with more than 1 person be "Hot Spot Clubs" (indicated by a YELLOW STAR ICON) and clubs of just one person normal clubs (indicated by a RED LOCATION POINT ICON)
-To make your club a "Hot Spot Club", find its name in the list to the left, click it, then scroll to the right along that club name
-At the end of that club name, you should see a LITTLE SQUARE ICON
-Click the LITTLE SQUARE ICON
-Select YELLOW as the color, and STAR as the shape
-Go on to plot your "Individual Freestyler" point

Plotting "Individual Freestyler" Points:

-Once you click the link, you will see the list of clubs/individual players
-To the top right of that list, you will see a search bar and underneath it, there should be an arrow pointing left, an arrow pointing right, and a location point icon (if you do not see the search bar, try using a different browser.. some people have had problems with it)
-To let the map know you want to make an "Individual Freestyler" point, click the word "Individual Freestylers" (However, it may already be selected so if it gives you the option to edit, you've selected it already and you can proceed to next step)
-Find your personal location on the map
-When you find it, click the location point icon
-Click the area you live
-It will now ask you to name your point, title it with your name and in the description, provide a link to your Facebook
-Click "Save"
-You should see your club on both the map and in the list under "Individual Freestylers"

To COLOR-CODE Your Location Point:

-"Individual Freestyler" points should be coded BLUE
-To make your point BLUE, find your name in the list to the left, click it, then scroll to the right along your name
-At the end of your name, you should see a LITTLE SQUARE ICON
-Click the LITTLE SQUARE ICON
-Select BLUE as the color, and leave shape as the default LOCATION POINT
-You're finished!

Let your other footbag friends know, Please! And tell them to fill in their location information!

ALSO: Just heard that you might have to sign in to your google/gmail account to plot your points.

If you have any problems with it, pm me on here of Facebook and I'll try to help you out or I can just plot your points for you if your browser isn't working well.

And if it doesnt work for you, try a different browser... Chrome doesnt work well, but Safari works and so does Firefox
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 29 Oct 2013 16:18, edited 2 times in total.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Asmus
Ass Moose

Re: World-Wide Googlemap of Freestyle Footbag

Post by Asmus » 29 Oct 2013 09:44

Nice! I added the Copenhagen Club. Come visit!