Joulukalenteri 2013

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
jay7
Flower Child

Joulukalenteri 2013

Post by jay7 » 11 Nov 2013 13:39

Dear Modified,

As you know, for the last several years there has been a Christmas Calendar. Many people have ran it in the past, including myself. Let 2013 be another festive year, and lets do it again!

Anssi and I have started, by making a short 24 part video series. This is intended to be interactive with the community, but they are not shred videos. I do have multiple shred videos made by myself, and a few others have come forward and said that they also would be willing to make shred videos. However, I estimate we are at least 12 videos short. Many of you might recall, that when I ran the Calendar in 2011, people complained of "Too much Finnish shred". The more videos you make, the more variety there will be.

If you are feeling any of the Christmas spirit, I kindly remind you that Juho does not run on good intentions alone. Proper, well loved and cared for Footage can light up the faces of children worldwide, each and every morning until Christmas if you are willing. I am a strong believer that, a Christmas Calendar video must be special, and worth waking up for. As these are such special collections to so many people, I ask that if you intend to make a video, make something special. Make something which sends Jim Penske to work smiling like a school boy. Imagine Ken Somolinos hitting his favourite links in your video. Make something which will make Aleksi Airinen let his hot cocoa go cold, as he hits the replay button. Get to the chopper, release the Kraken, and think of Juho.

Please post here if you will make a video, for organization.

Requirements:
Good Visible Quality. (24+ Frames per second, good lighting, not playing out of frame the whole time, etc)
Genuinely Interesting Content. Not necessarily groundbreaking shred, however some aspect of the video must enjoyable to all viewers.

Jay Boychuk

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Joulukalenteri 2013

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 11 Nov 2013 15:38

jay7 wrote:Dear Modified,

Please post here if you will make a video, for organization.
I will make a video, for organization.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

AbelFarkas
Shredalicious

Post by AbelFarkas » 12 Nov 2013 09:46

This is super cool, as always! Me and Tamas Tilly want to join (and maybe Grek as well)!
Oh, and Jay! You made me laugh out loudly! :P

slavgan
Shredaholic

Post by slavgan » 12 Nov 2013 11:20

I am in :D
Slava Sidorin
www.flyd.ru

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 14 Nov 2013 09:56

jay7 wrote:. Get to the chopper, release the Kraken, and think of Juho.
This is going on your tombstone, even if I have to chisel it myself in the middle of the night when security is lax.

Put me down for a video. My editing software is weak though, so I'm going to go ahead and offer to make one video, and provide a good editor with content for a second. So if you're a hotshot video editor and would like to make something truly special out of Evan Gatesman footage, let me know and I can send you some dropbox files.

Thanks Jay for making this happen again. You rock man.

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 20 Nov 2013 12:05

Heh, thanks Ken. I will die with a clear conscience.

So, gang, I have been chewing through footage industrially by this point. If there was a video editing version of the "Played until my fingers bled" lyric, I would insert it here. Sadly, however, they probably show signs of being cushier/plushier.

Naturally, there is a lot of Footage of Aleksi, Anssi and I. I realize that by the end of the Calendar, you will know our games very well. However, as I have sorted the footage first, made notes, and then edited, I have tried to do my best to take out similar runs and combos. If a run was good, but, nothing new or interesting, it has been axed. In a perfect world it would be nice if every video had unique players, but, I have attempted to give you freshness in every video with the footage I have. Michelle has filmed 90% of the shred, meaning you wont have to sit through tripod footage for the most part. She has been learning, and painfully sitting through hundreds of sessions, so I hope that even her efforts will be appreciated. I truly hope this will mean that each of the videos I am producing are worth sitting through.

This year, I have opted to not include a Christmas Intro, as the original joulukalenterie's had. Last time, many people messaged me that they didn't want the intro in their video, and some even said they wouldn't submit if they had to.

I really hope you guys like what I am doing, and am crossing my fingers that my videos increase your level of Christmas Cheer. Some of these videos really make me happy, and I've rewatched them over and over already.

So yes, hype this and hype that, get your stockings on and put on the kettle. Hoorah Christmas.
Jay Boychuk