Footbag achievement badges. (old post) see Footbag bages

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Ohios1
Multidex Master

Footbag achievement badges. (old post) see Footbag bages

Post by Ohios1 » 17 Dec 2013 22:22

We scratched the t-shirts and are going for the badges since its more popular. Ianek and I are working together on this and things are moving smoothly. I cant tell all right now but this is sneak peak.

Badges so far...
Ducking -http://www.safetybanners.org/_images/pr ... 4343-v.jpg
Atomic shuffle-http://wikipremed.com/image_science_arc ... svg_68.jpg
Spinning -http://www.txt2inspire.com/wp-content/u ... ornado.gif
Symposium-http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2215/1492 ... fddeed.jpg
Pixie shuffle-http://d1x7zurbps6occ.cloudfront.net/pr ... 50x550.jpg
stepping shuffle-http://www.nisbets-export.com/images/pr ... m/W344.jpg
Double dex -http://image.yaymicro.com/rz_512x512/0/ ... 27c8fd.jpg

If you guys dont like the signs, please leave your intake thanks. more soon.
Last edited by Ohios1 on 24 Jan 2014 20:13, edited 5 times in total.
angeski

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Footbag achievement shirts (2014)

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Dec 2013 10:58

Cool Mike, post this to the facebook group too, because, sadly more people will see it there :/ I like the idea. Nate and I were talking shorts with a little icon on the thigh that symbolized levels of shred. We thought about shirts, but number one: Some people (like myself) never wear a shit while kicking. Number two: no one has like a specific "shred shirt" but I know people have favorite shred shorts. I also think if there was a whole finals circle with people wearing Fearless Master shirts, it would give less individuality to the sport.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 18 Dec 2013 11:37

It's a cool idea but I don't like the emphasis that this puts on adds. Adds make footbag boring.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 18 Dec 2013 11:56

Interesting idea. I know that NYFA had a similar system using physical tokens, which they put on a keychain. So once you earned tokens, you kept adding to your keychain. Bruce Dole made them, and they were sick. It encouraged people to learn concepts both sides and build their way up.

As for shirts vs. shorts, I agree that a patch on your shorts could be cool. Or maybe something you could put on your shoe.

Can you also explain to me what the requirements are under each category? Is it being able to link a certain number of a concept in a string? Or how many tricks you can hit at a certain add count? One recommendation I'd add, is that you can only get credit for something if you have hit it both sides.

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 18 Dec 2013 13:16

if you guys don't agree on adds, then how else would you show the difference. All this is, is something to accomplish and to wear for yourself. we don't have anything to show for all the hard work we put into this game. I do think that adds matter a lil if not people wouldn't make fearless links and shreds of 20 tripless a big deal when in my opinion it kinda is because it shows how hard you work on something and it pays off. It also shows that you know work on your basics and you managed to progress into another section of more difficult moves. We surely don't get enough credit for the time we have in this sport. I think everyone would agree at least on that.

For the patch on short or shoes? I would go with shorts. Nick also has a good idea with shorts. Why not have both to give option. As long at the we can all agree on the requirements, i think its a good idea. I just went with the shirt cause its easier with putting a logo on and the title plus the option of the URL of the vid. But i'm open for what works the best.

For the requirements, the shred of 40 for tiltless for example, means a all 2 adds for 40 contacts. It has to have variety and show bs.
For the unique shed, it gives a little more of a challenge for each level. Yet the contacts or less, the difficulty is higher. Whatever you hit on one side you must hit on the other.
For the moves, all moves must end in a single hand catch. this goes for both sides. Show each move seperately, not in just one link. this way it shows the execution of the move.

Ken, when you talk about both sides, im not understanding what you mean. I thought i hit that with the unique shred and the knowing a certain about of moves both sides?
angeski

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 18 Dec 2013 14:14

Would you need to meet both requirements? It seems to me that anybody who can meet the unique run option for each requirement would definitely meet the lower requirement. Like there are well over 5 6 add moves I can hit on both sides, but I'd really struggle to hit a run of 6 unique. I can't imagine somebody being able to hit 6 beastly, and not be able to hit say whirlygig, mullet, food processor, blurry torque and spender on both sides. On the other hand, I imagine that almost everybody would hit all those on both sides before they could hit 6 beastly (no need to point out exceptions, I'm well aware of people with eclectic abilities).

Edit; I think adds are fine. They're the best way of quantifying difficulty that we have, and they are generally accurate, if not specifically accurate. The rules of all sports determine the strategies people take too.

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 18 Dec 2013 14:41

you would need to hit either the shred number or the unique. And then you would also need to show the number of moves that you need on both sides.
angeski

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 18 Dec 2013 14:52

Another question, to meet the requirements does every move need to be of the add level, or are moves of higher levels fine? eg. could my 15 five adds include 6 add moves?

I really like this idea anyway. You could add other 'achievements' too - like being able to hit pixie everything, and then another for being able to hit all the base toe set everythings. Another thing to consider is that there are mods you can get for php forums which would allow for the "achievements" to be shown on people's profiles. We could have a video topic where people demonstrate that they've met them, and then they could get a modified badge. I'm sure we could brainstorm a huge list of achievements (I tend to think the more the better, since it gives people more options to work on when they get stuck).

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 18 Dec 2013 15:19

I've also thought of a list of achievements, so that beginners would have something to work towards.
I don't know about t-shirts, but at least virtual badges would be cool. Even better if they show on your public profile, so you can show off with them. That'd probably be a matter for a new thread.

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 18 Dec 2013 15:27

the moves must be of the same level your working on. so if its fearless master your getting. then you need to hit 15 different moves both sides.

hell i could add the pixie,atomic,quantum. that would be a great idea. Now when it comes to that, what is everything? Are we talking a shuffle of toe game? And whats the stopping point? what i mean by this is you can hit plo to stampede. I feel its got to have a limit for everything.

I love the virtual badges. i someone would have to figure out that one. Im down with that.
angeski

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 18 Dec 2013 17:14

Sorry that's still not clear - If I'm working on fearless, does that mean my 15 moves need to be all 5 adds, or do they need to be all "fearless" moves (since fearless is 5 adds and up, so includes 6,7 etc.)?

"Everything" in that context refers to mirage, legover, illusion and pickup. So "pixie everything" is some combination of smear, pixie ss mirage, magellan, pixie legover, smudge, pixie ss illusion, pixie pickup and pixie ss pickup, such that you do all 16 moves in a run (usually each set of downtime components together - eg. smear>pixie ss mirage>smear>pixie ss mirage>smudge>pixie ss illusion>smudge>pixie ss illusion etc.).

Edit; So just to clarify, if somebody says they hit "pixie everything" that means they hit a run of 16 (8 on each side) unique pixie tricks, using the 4 basic toe dex downtime components.

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 18 Dec 2013 17:53

ok.lol if you are doing fearless, your 15 moves are only 5 adds. that way it gives people a lil bit of a challenge. For ex. if i was going for guitless, i feel that its kinda taking the easy way out if you use more difficult tricks just to fill the req.
angeski

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 18 Dec 2013 20:52

So when it comes to badges on shorts or shoes, Lets see some ideas on what you would like to see?

unless anyone disagrees with using the req. above, we will just keep them the same.

Ex.
tiltless master- pyramid ( cause it has to do with learning the foundations)
Guiltless master- A face with shades on.
Tripless master- a handicap sign. lmao
Fearless master- gnarly sword
Beastly master- bear with blood from his mouth
Grandmaster- ? a lottery machine, a patch the says (U SUCK)
angeski

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Dec 2013 22:54

My input:

BAD IDEAS:
I was thinking about the shorts, then I figured, "no, everyone wears different shorts all the time" then I realized the only same exact thing every player has on them when they shred... shoes. An iron-on badge like they do in boy scouts. That could work. Mike mentioned to me that this could fall off. on top of that, I realized, if the player gets new Lavers because the current ones are beat, there is no way of transferring the badge, unless you stitch it on... Then I thought of a better idea..

GOOD IDEAS:
I think each level should have a badge or pin or something that gets clipped onto the tongue part of your shoe. Easily transferable from shoe to shoe, if need be.

So at any time, every player has ONE button/badge on their shoe tongue. This could be something like for every level (Kickless, Tiltless, Guiltless, Tripless, etc..), there would be sub levels in each one of those.

But then again, I also like the idea of collecting flare on your shoes. That's more boy scouts style. You can show/see how many accomplishments you/others have accomplished.

BAD IDEAS THAT COULD BE WORKED WITH:
Another idea that came to mind: Colored shoe laces that we can mark with tape to show the different levels we've accomplished, similar to martial arts. (again, not a great idea, because everyone likes to customize their shoes... But it could be added to or something might be able to be taken from it)

For brainstorming about insignias/icons on badges..

Kickless: Shoe with a cross through it
Tiltless: A leaning/tipping tower with a cross through it
Guiltless: no clue
Trippless: no clue
Fearless: A terrified face with a cross through it(?) We could come up with something cooler
Beast: Mike suggested a beast, like a werewolf or something with blood dripping down his chin

I dont know, but I think we should keep going on this until it is complete. Great idea Mike.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Dec 2013 22:59

C-Fan wrote:One recommendation I'd add, is that you can only get credit for something if you have hit it both sides.
I really like this idea, for sure. It's a sure fire way to get new players to stop being stubborn and learn flip tricks.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Dec 2013 23:12

Ohios1 wrote:ok.lol if you are doing fearless, your 15 moves are only 5 adds. that way it gives people a lil bit of a challenge. For ex. if i was going for guitless, i feel that its kinda taking the easy way out if you use more difficult tricks just to fill the req.
I disagree with this part. Lon hit long Fearless runs with Blurry Whirls, Pdx Blenders, Pdx Torques, PS Whirls, and SPENDERS... Just because he hit those Spenders doesn't mean he should not receive a badge, because that's still technically Fearless.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 18 Dec 2013 23:36

im talking about the seperate moves that you have to hit bs with hand catches. Not the shred req. I guess i could change the shred req thou to if its tiltless that your going for, then the shred must be at least 2add and up. i forgot about a run is named based on the lowest add.
angeski

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 19 Dec 2013 00:19

i like the ideas for the badges so far. What up with the cross thru it?
When it comes to the short, nick you crack me up. you have a good idea and then you take it out. i feel its good idea.I don't see a problem with buy more than one badge or your shorts or shoes or both. Let the location of where you want the badge to be. (This makes my shirt idea easier.lol)

Keep the ideas coming. I would like to get this rolling.
angeski

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Dec 2013 00:25

Ohios1 wrote:What up with the cross thru it?
The cross means "no" like a shoe with a cross means NO KICK, (Kickless), the leaning building with the cross means "NO TILT" (Tiltless), etc..
Nick Polini

Funblog

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 19 Dec 2013 13:47

o ok i get it now. Im down with that nick.
angeski