The Modified Best of 2013

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Asmus
Ass Moose

The Modified Best of 2013

Post by Asmus » 22 Dec 2013 06:03

Modified User of The Year: Nick Polini
Runner up: Jay Boychuk

Modified has had a rough year. Everything seems to migrate to facebook. I even tried to move my footblog to FootbagFront. But one guy has consistently kept Modified fun and active throughout the year - Nick Polini! His enthusiasm and humor has kept me coming back and I look forward to see where his footbag career takes him.

Thread of The Year: Nostalgia Video Compilation by Jay Boychuk
Runner up: A database of every trick hit on video by Jeremy O’wheel

This thread was such a good idea I can’t believe nobody thought of it before. It was a nice trip down memory lane and cool look into the midn of some of the sports greats. Inspiration gallore.

Video of The Year: Joulu-Jupe 3 by Juho Marjo
Runner up: Danish Footbag Open Trailer by Nis Petersen

My first reaction to watching the video was to go and change my answer to the question “If you could take one component (spins, double overs, ducks) from any footbag player in the world, what would it be, and from whom?” in the “Footbag Profile/Survey” thread to DEXES FROM JUHO! I think that says it all. I am gonna go watch it again now.

Player of The Year: Aleksi Airinen
Runner up: Rene Rühr

Not only has he dominated competition by winning Shred:30 at Danish Open, Worlds and French Open and Routines at Danish Open, Finnish Open and French Open. He has also consistently released groundbreaking shred videos with himself and others in the BERLIN SESSIONS series throughout the year. Aleksi is a force to be reckoned with and maybe he will put an end to the Czech domination of routines at Worlds next year.

Feel free to post your own list! New categories are welcome as well.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everybody.