Modified is getting a logo!

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Modified is getting a logo!

Post by PegLegHolly » 28 Feb 2014 06:41

Hello all!

Just wanted to announce: Allan Haggett has asked me to design a logo for Modified! I've wanted to do this ever since I started kicking in 2006. Now, this will be a probono project, and Allan has graciously given me complete artistic freedom. All that being said, I'd love to get the opinions of the community on what you think should be incorporated into the logo, what you think the "feel" should be, and whatever else you can think of. I'll be taking everyone's suggestions and making decisions based off that.

Thank you, footbag community... You're the greatest, nicest, most loving community I've ever had the chance to be a part of. I'm honored that I get this chance to give back.

Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Muffinman
the gimp

Re: Modified is getting a logo!

Post by Muffinman » 28 Feb 2014 16:12

I'm glad he asked you, Holly! you're a great designer. I'd like to see the aspect of community represented and not just solely hack. I think it would be neat to take the word modified, which was originally completely arbitrary and not in any way related to footbag and turn it into something that represents that the sport is meaningful to each of us in a completely different way -- the way we adopt it individually and how we all have unique games and trick repertoires. And how modification in different ways is what the sport is all about (eg: we dont have an official shoe so we physically modify another; we dont have an official venue, so we forage for whatever works; the more creative and talented among us take established trick elements an create new ones, etc)

If you have more time, you should do the footbag badges too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allan

Post by Allan » 28 Feb 2014 20:41

@Erik we've got Kevin Hogan working on the badges :)

akprice
Shredaholic

Post by akprice » 22 Jul 2014 11:58

what ever happened to the modified logo?
Aaron Price
No reason why extreme cardio should be boring. -Salem Straub

Allan

Post by Allan » 22 Jul 2014 20:08

I told Holly that there was no timeline involved, so when it happens, it happens :) It'll be worth it when it shows up. Holly knows her shit.

akprice
Shredaholic

Post by akprice » 23 Jul 2014 04:44

awesome! i'm a designer as well and can't wait to see what she comes up with.
Aaron Price
No reason why extreme cardio should be boring. -Salem Straub