My 2 year check in :)

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Brian
Egyptian Footgod

My 2 year check in :)

Post by Brian » 22 Oct 2014 11:53

As the title says, it seems like every 2 years or so I reminisce about footbag and come to say hi to the community, get inspired to kick again but scoff at my inability to string anymore than two butterflys together (at least I think that's the name of the trick I am thinking off -- good god it has been a long time).

I am two weeks away from my 30th birthday and as the years pass I always remember footbag as being one of the highlights of my youth, and without question wish I had kept it up. It was such a great thing to be a part of and I can only imagine how much it has grown since the early millenium, when there was probably less than 20 people in Canada who were legitimately guiltless players (no two adds -- that's guiltless right?). I guess though my knees never were made very well for it, but we only get one life. In retrospect I don't think I would have damaged them that much playing footbag.

It's great to see this forum still in use. Actually what brought me here was purchasing a new pair of runners and realizing how light they make the sole materiel out of these days. I was wondering if there is a new shoe more popular than the Rod Laver people are using these days made out of this material. I was thinking how it could be a real game changer in freestyle footbag.

Anyways, just checkin in ;) Oh and I live in Calgary again, moved back from Regina.

-Brian Johnson
Brian Johnson

Brian
Egyptian Footgod

Re: My 2 year check in :)

Post by Brian » 22 Oct 2014 13:17

Actually my last post was 4 years ago.. hmm time really does fly. And that's a great photo of me, lol.
Brian Johnson