New app I made

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

New app I made

Post by Bander87 » 29 Jan 2016 19:35

I made a new site that list footbag moves. These moves are from footbag.org, except I added the ability to save favorite moves and moves that you hit: http://freestylefootbagmoves.com/

Let me know what you think :)

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: New app I made

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 30 Jan 2016 09:01

Bander, is there a way we can chat about this? I've recently been voted in as Marketing Director of the IFPA and I started doing a project similar to this, but different. However our 2 projects combined could make each of our ideas much more useful.

Basically, I'm re-doing the video vault. All tricks from toe kicks to Backside Gauntletscrew will have a video link on footbag.org with the technical trick name, the street name, the difficulty (I'm dropping the ADD system for this because it's gotten so confusing with new inventions that have come out since then.. I'm using Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, and Massive as the new categories. It will show the video of the trick then a different angle and show that second angle in slow motion.

If we could collab on this, we could use your "hit it / love it / want to hit it" options as an extra app addition. That would make my project so much cooler. Would you be interested in joining me to help bring our ideas, as one, to the community?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 30 Jan 2016 15:40

I just had an idea, even if it isn't relevant. A project like this might be able to utilize a leaderboard, where players could see how many people have hit what tricks, or what tricks have been hit how many times (we could calculate adds per day|month|year with that!), or what tricks or concepts are trending, in terms of how many people 'love it', or 'want to hit it'.

This sounds exciting!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 01 Feb 2016 21:04

Tjuggles wrote:I just had an idea, even if it isn't relevant. A project like this might be able to utilize a leaderboard, where players could see how many people have hit what tricks, or what tricks have been hit how many times (we could calculate adds per day|month|year with that!), or what tricks or concepts are trending, in terms of how many people 'love it', or 'want to hit it'.

This sounds exciting!

Mmmm. Data 8)
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 02 Feb 2016 01:12

If you want help with that aspect, I may be able to contribute.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 02 Feb 2016 21:35

Nice stuff. One thing I think is worth mentioning is that people come up with projects like this every now and then and while they do different things the raw footbag moves are the same. For example have a look at these: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=23901 viewtopic.php?f=28&t=23879 all of these projects need to deal with footbag moves. I guess what I'm saying is that people keep having to re-invent the wheel when it comes to storing the base footbag moves. Having an application independent database of footbag move information strikes me as something that could save a lot of time in developing these types of projects.

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 23 Feb 2016 12:20

Hi Nick, I created the app as an experimental project. I'm retired from footbag so I don't have too much interest in helping with a larger project. My app works all on javascript, html, and css, which you can access by viewing the source. Feel free to steal my code or link to my site :)

-Ben

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 24 Feb 2016 10:58

Definitely see a lot of ways this app and Nick's project could compliment and enhance each other.