Flipside

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Krafty
Fearless

Flipside

Post by Krafty » 09 Jul 2004 07:30

Hey guys,
I've decided to work my butt off to get my flipside as good as my strongside; can you believe that my longest strings are only like 6 or 7 contacts?! That's the main reason I want to skool my flipside, so that I can have long strings like a lot of you guys do. I've been going back to the basics and skoolin' them again, but do you guys have any tips for workin' the flipside other than keep doing everything flipside? I'm willing to work my butt off everyday so that I can become better, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

LinksYs
BSOS Beast

Post by LinksYs » 09 Jul 2004 07:52

have a lot of patience :D
you should just startwith regular kicking if its really bad.
Craig R. Mayer
Life Is Good, Footbag Is Better

Post by Guest » 09 Jul 2004 08:39

First try kicking, only with your weak foot. Try to get up to 20 or so. Then repeatedly drill whatever is weak. If your toe stalls are bad on your weak side, dedicate some time to hitting only consecutive toe stalls on your weak side. Same with anymove. Repetition is key. Drill all your moves that are weak on one side, until they aren't any more. Remember, repetition!

Krafty
Fearless

Post by Krafty » 09 Jul 2004 09:20

I can kick into the hundreds with my weak foot, I can do pixies, mirages, legovers, pixie legovers, etc. with my weak foot. It's just the clippers and butterflies that screw me up because I always kick the bag back into my side for clippers and it just feels really wierd. I want it to feel as comfortable as my strong side. And I can barealy butterfly my flipside; it happens rarely! So any tips on that would be great! Other than that, thanks for the tips so far! :D

Post by Guest » 09 Jul 2004 09:44

How much have you schooled it?

My suggestion is to stretch your weak clipper, trying to make it more flexible. Walk-overs can help for that. Then, try to hit as many consecutive clippers as you can on just your weak side. do that like, 15 minutes every day.

Then do the same thing for butters.

LinksYs
BSOS Beast

Post by LinksYs » 09 Jul 2004 13:07

thAN your weak foot isn't really that weak
Craig R. Mayer
Life Is Good, Footbag Is Better

richardabshire
Fearless

Post by richardabshire » 09 Jul 2004 13:13

Now is the time to start doing drills that incorporate one move and its flip with one or two more moves. Create a drill for yourself and keep adding more drills until the flip aspect is gone from that move. The key is not just drilling a move, but using it alot once you have it. This will help create your style of play.Hope this helps,Richie

*Jethro*
Egyptian Footgod

Post by *Jethro* » 09 Jul 2004 16:11

repetition repetition let's sing it again repetition repetition it'll drive you insane :P
Hopefully back one day.

Jesse Malouf

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 11 Jul 2004 11:56

I have a flipside, but I work evenly when I practice so it's not a big deal for me. It may just take longer to get a trick down.
Chrissy Fryer

BrianW
BSOS Beast

Post by BrianW » 11 Jul 2004 16:48

yeah when im trying a new trick i just go back and forth for hours. it takes longer then just trying it on my strong side, but it works out better in the end when you dont have to stend twice as long on your flip.
Every man has their technique, and they are all different......when you know mine.....youll be dead.

Brian Warner