Shred-music

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
footjam_heger
Egyptian Footgod

Shred-music

Post by footjam_heger » 27 Sep 2004 07:26

I don't know, where I should post, but I think it's the right one.

Which music do you need for shred? All shredders play with music, so what do you take? Maybe you can help!? thx

steeban
Shredalicious

Post by steeban » 27 Sep 2004 10:32

music i (currently) love to shred to:
the streets - original pirate material
the roots - tipping point
deltron 3030
'just live till you die'

Steve Gale

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 27 Sep 2004 10:32

Well it always comes down to personal preference, but anything with a quick beat is best. I prefer any music ranging from 130 bpm to 160 bpm.

I listen to drum n bass mostly when shredding, but also listen to hard house, break beats, mellow house, any house music really, and certain rap too, im very selective with the rap I listen to in general so im even that more picky about the rap I listen to while I'm shredding.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

ToxicHippo
Hack Fiend

Post by ToxicHippo » 27 Sep 2004 11:54

Yeah, anything instrumental. Beastie Boys are good. drum 'n bass is good.
Ben Harper- Graffiti Artist, Footbagger, Skateboarder, Musician.
!!!

Not Quite a Full Fledged Member of http://www.philly-footworks.com

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 27 Sep 2004 12:04

RJD2
the dandy warhols- bohemian like you
i like to shred to bob marley, i know alot of ppl probley wouldnt. but i get a nice slow smooth shred going to marley :) jammin, thinkin jammin was a thing of the past :)

mosty any rap song with some good bass, im not a rap fan but i fell in love with hilltop hoods and everlast since i started shred.

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 27 Sep 2004 12:07

MY music :)

Im currently making a cd entitled "7 Adds of Music", which is some drum n bass which im making at home. When im done i hope I can sell it at tournaments! It should (hopefully) be done by Chilly Philly.

I was thinking like 7$, or 5$ if your guiltless, to inspire some newbies to get better.
Nicholas Laroche

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 27 Sep 2004 12:12

Hey Nic that's a great idea. I hope to hear your music someday.

Torch
Shredaholic

Post by Torch » 27 Sep 2004 13:30

Mostly jazz. Mingus, Trane, Dolphy. Hard ass shit with either lots of tempo changes and/or something that swings really hard (doesn't have to BE "swing").
I'll even kick to Cecil Taylor or other "avant-guard" related genres if I'm in a weird enough mood.

Funk will work. James Brown type shit, groovie 70's stuff. Hip hop.

Some classical music. Trying to be the fourth voice in a Bach fugue is an interesting idea.

I find most rock music to straight foward in it's rhythmic sense, and listening to most electronic music is about as irritating as somebody tapping me in the back of the head with a pencil for an hour.

But a lot of the music I mentioned above that I like would drive some people up the fucking wall so I'm not bashing anybodys musical taste.

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 27 Sep 2004 17:28

Call me the outsider on this one :wink:

I don't like to listen to music when shredding. I like quiet. For some reason when I listen to music when shredding, I just get too pumped up or something, cause I start to drop it about every 2-3 contacts, everytime.

It really never fails. its just like how frontside atomic sets are easier than normal ones, ya know?
James Randall

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 27 Sep 2004 17:40

These days I tend to listen to my own remixes of stuff - in particular:

Juno Reactor, Juno Reactor V Don Davis stuff from the matrix soundtracks, prodigy, and lots of crazy hardcore techno stuff that I don't really know the names of. I'll post up the playlist from one of my mixes when I get home.

PIMP-C
Shredaholic

Post by PIMP-C » 27 Sep 2004 21:57

alot of country, swisha house, blackalicious, snoop, and too mother fuckin $hort biotch! :mrgreen:
---Curtis Taylor

mouseman
Shredaholic

Post by mouseman » 29 Sep 2004 14:10

Lasse's musics :) Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, stuff like that.

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 30 Sep 2004 07:20

There is a link to my music profile in my sig. Czech it out! Ill be uploading more songs soon as I get that one demo finished.
Nicholas Laroche

Shredster
Flower Child

Re: Shred-music

Post by Shredster » 30 Sep 2004 11:41

footjam_heger wrote:I don't know, where I should post, but I think it's the right one.

Which music do you need for shred? All shredders play with music, so what do you take? Maybe you can help!? thx

You are so wrong. I don't shred with music on at all. Its not "necessary" to shred with music, however, if you do find some good music to shred with (its all in your style...some music works, some doesn't), it may help you.

I guess i don't shred with music simply because i don't have a stereo system easy enough to transport outside.
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...

skoxn
Multidex Master

hell jeah. music for sure.!

Post by skoxn » 30 Sep 2004 14:08

uhh, i think music is very important.

first it gives you just a good mood (but only if you like the songs). this causes for sure some better play. then it makes you more open to recognize things. when you learn for university or something like that, try to play some background music, which isn´t very offense and disturbes you in your concentration. that effect will work on footbag too( i guess..).

ok talked enough, music is just cool, it gives a rythm, it pumps up and relaxes you postshred. what wpuld be the world without noises?

i like:
- the new beastie boys album, that i got from birthday
- technical dnb and old jungle shit
- sometimes classical stuff ( i played to "vivaldi" yesterday. and it works!! what a surprise.)
- breakbeat and jazzy stuff that has a constant, throughgoing (a correct word in english?) beat
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

420FootBager
Multidex Master

Post by 420FootBager » 30 Sep 2004 15:01

I like to bag to emerson lake and palmer.... also radiohead is pretty good for bagin...
Gus P.-- Get'um up against the wall

Who let all this riff raff into the room
There's one smoking a joint and
Another with spots
If I had my way I'd have all of you shot

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 30 Sep 2004 16:40

Rage Against the Machine - Evil Empire ... my favorite cd to shred to ... too bad i lost it :cry:

JFootbagger
Fearless

Post by JFootbagger » 30 Sep 2004 16:51

Crazy, Up beat, Japanese Rock is what it's all about 8)
Jordan Wong
basics=tricks=strings=people dropping their jaw in amazement
-Footblog! Check it out!
Enter My Mind

Omen
Shredalicious

Post by Omen » 30 Sep 2004 22:26

Sublime and Beestie Boys are a couple of my favs. I also don't mind kicking to punk music, nothing to be named, just a song here and there, from this cd and that.

Kicking to music is great though, it can really help me somtimes to get into a rythm. However these days I anylize every song I hear, radio, party, friends, etc. to judge it. Thinking, "Hmm, can I kick to this? What would look good in a video to this song? Who would be a good person to have going to this song?" and so on... its somwhat bothersome.
Its all or nothing

Damien Schlobohm

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 30 Sep 2004 23:10

I burned a cd with all the songs I've been considering for a footbag routine... Then I play it while I shred. Sometimes, I get ideas. Anything that catches my ear with a good bpm 120ish-130ish is usually pretty good. I also like songs with noticably varying tempos and builds.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"