CANADA FOOTBAG

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Spadrick
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Spadrick » 03 Feb 2005 05:17

So I got an email back from Erik Chan and Newf a few nights ago (Thanks guys), and they really made me think about some new stuff that I would like to do with the Canadian Footbag Players Guild.

Alot of it had to do with player profiles and site features, I will detail some of the things that were discussed herein.

FORUMS: The forums of this site will in no way conflict with modified or any other established community on line. Not many people know what can be done with a web forum. I could use a forum for many other purposes then to simply allow people to communicate, I could use it for database driven submission forms, uploading, content creation and much more. I am thinking that the only things that would be on the forum would be website discussion, article submission, and feedback. Simple, elegant and to the point, no need for loging in or anything else.

COMMENTS: I beleive that Erik is right in saying that people need to be able to comment directly on media (pictures, video, articles) and tell others what they think of their work. Comments would be text only, no pictures, no links, 250 char max.

FLASH MAP: I am working on getting this up and running, but as has happened in the past, I see some other use for this widget and I want to run with it. Not only would we be able to see and get info about clubs and members, but if its flash, we would be able to do so much more with the frontpage. Im working on it. I don't want to give away too many details, but I think It is going to be really awesome and interactive. Optional live streaming radio based on a playlist that the members select? Yeah. I thought you would like that. =)

ARCHIVE: As I said before, I want to archive things. I have a very good sense of organization, and I have already devised a method to archive and organize and unlimited amount of information (all located within the bottom panel on screen) that is easy to access and display, and works at the click of the mouse (instantaneous delivery). Archived things could be anything from picture galleries, to movies, to articles or trick tips.

PROFILES: The profiles have taken quite a back burner, they are going to be included with clubs in the archive. It would look like a tree menu with it looking something like this:

Province
->Clubs
-->Members
--->Profiles

I don't know if that will make sense to everyone, but once you see it in action you will understand.

I haven't had alot of time to work on the site this week, as I have been doing exams at school, and I have also been pretty busy at the restaraunt I work in. Do not fear, I will be back in the zone in no time flat after my monday-tuesday vacation!

Keep the comments coming. I cant wait to see where this goes!

:wink:
Adam Dexter

Spadrick
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Spadrick » 15 Feb 2005 13:48

Allright, so I got the beta ready for release. Who wants to test?

8O
Adam Dexter

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 15 Feb 2005 13:53

*raises hand*
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

footbinc
BSOS Beast

Post by footbinc » 15 Feb 2005 14:15

Ill Help
- Ben Cochrane

If you bang it once, I will punch you in the f*%kin mouth!

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 15 Feb 2005 14:18

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you've got done, Spad. Lets have it!
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org