Should the enforcer be enforced upon?

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.

Should the enforcer be enforced upon?

Yes, his style is so ridiculous. Furthermore, OH MY GOD! And also: What the f$ck? Isn't he hurting himself? Why put him in tricks of the trade 2? Is it comedy?
27%
Dude, let Gumby play footbag dude! If it wasn't for Gumby you wouldn't be posting here.
73%

Total votes: 22

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 08 Jun 2003 12:08

I like how you throw your weight around when you feel strongly about something but normally don't Pete, cool guy.

Notice how he hasn't been back to post anymore, he was just having fun insighting crap
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi

LordKingdomUltimate
Hack Fiend

Post by LordKingdomUltimate » 19 Aug 2003 22:40

I always have considered life a game. This outlook has its pros and cons. One con being not taking things seriously enough and, in times of playfulness, not giving people the respect they deserve, no harm is meant from me but my actions still will cause harm. I wonder why people take things so seriously, at the same time other people wonder why I do things so outrageous and uncalled for. I just think of the wierdest ideas, and drama is so... memorable! I think, "In real life I would treat you with respect." But this is real life on a different plane so I should show the same respect that I would anytime else though any form of communication. My purpose in making this was to show people that they take things too seriously. I still think you all do, but obviously I am the one who doesn't take things seriously enough. I libeled you Kenny Shults and I'm sorry.

Sam Colclough

nyichk
Circle Kicker

Post by nyichk » 20 Aug 2003 12:53

So you think 'wasting' others time and being manipulitive is worth gaining a bad reputation? Of course people are going to get uppity. You knew this. When you make another (serious) post is it's only purpose going to be to justify what you think will happen?...I wouldn't expect too many people to take any more of your posts seriously. Life might be a game (or whatever else you want to look at it as) just realize everyone's not playing the same game as you. And they'll prolly look at it as childish and just plain nonsensical. ~Nyk
Nykolas Wheeler

the Executioner
BSOS Beast

Post by the Executioner » 20 Aug 2003 17:37

:idea:

LordKingdomUltimate
Hack Fiend

Post by LordKingdomUltimate » 20 Aug 2003 22:08

I thought that by signing my name I would show how sincere I was. When I wrote all that about taking things seriously I was trying to demonstrate that I was able to recognize all points of view, I wasn't trying to say you guys are taking it too seriously. Allan once accused my apology of not being sincere. Let me tell you, I don't always apologize, and when I do I was taught not just to say sorry, but to say why I am sorry. That is what makes a true apology. I know what I did,:in the name of fun, I dissed God at the church. You think I'm being sarcastic probably. I said, God doesn't look like me, everyone look at him he looks funny. In my heart I thought I looked funny so I wanted people to look away. But wait, don't be sad for me. *once again no sarcasm*

Kenny, I'm sorry that I made fun of the way that you are. You have created something world wide. You are the father and will go down in the history books. I am a lost child and will be forgotten. Even if you would give me your forgiveness, I do not want it. I want to move forward without it, silent and unsaid, or nonexistant. There is more to life than these words, but the mighty eye can see life through these words. I will not reply again.

It doesnt matter who believes me, because these words are only for one person.
420xx

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 21 Aug 2003 00:58

Oh man Petes reply is so fantastic!!!!

Man, you guys have no idea how much I wanted to tell on him, I mean, seeing a world Champ get all worked up over what was really nothing got me all wanting to spill the beans. I'm glad he came out, even if it was after it was forgotten.

You will be remembered Sam, at least by me.
He's a good guy, don't get mad at him.

the Executioner
BSOS Beast

Post by the Executioner » 21 Aug 2003 14:27

[quote="FootbagginBum"]"Oh man Petes reply is so fantastic!!!!
Man, you guys have no idea how much I wanted to tell on him, I mean, seeing a world Champ get all worked up over what was really nothing got me all wanting to spill the beans."

I did get worked up over this issue. It's hard for me to understand how anyone can see this as "really nothing", but like Sam said maybe I'm just taking it too seriously. After hearing Kenny's reaction to the whole thing I can guarantee you that he didn't think it was "really nothing". It's just that Kenny and I go way back, I've seen first hand his contributions to this game and I know his level of dedication; he invented shred. It's easy for most people on this forum to laugh it off as a harmless joke because they dont know Kenny like I do. Trust me, he was upset by the post. That was enough reason for me to be upset, but reading the post alone pissed me off. I didnt find it funny, and I think I have a pretty good sense of humor.

At least Sam came out and signed his name to the thread. I wont judge the sincerety of the apology, but then again it's not my place to judge it. The apology is to Kenny, but he doesnt read these forums any more because of stuff like this, and I cant say I blame him. This wasnt the first time people have been fucked with, and most likely it wont be the last.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Aug 2003 18:05

the Executioner wrote: After hearing Kenny's reaction to the whole thing I can guarantee you that he didn't think it was "really nothing". Trust me, he was upset by the post.
At Worlds this year, I met Miko Lapisto. He`s a really cool guy who obviously still has that love of shred that we all did when we first really got into the sport. That and he let me wear his hat.

ANYWAY. When I first played with Miko, I was taken aback by what I saw as the similarity of his playing style and Tuan Vu`s style! His atomics had the same distinctive hip twist (almost a dislocation!), and some of the double switch over stuff too. I pointed this out to GF Smoothie, and he said in a surprised voice: `really? His style reminds me more of Kenny`s.` While I didn`t notice that similarity as much, I could kinda understand it: both players, for lack of a better phrase, `attacked the bag.`

Currently, my favorite shredder to watch is Lon Smith. He`s got this effortless flow which just makes the game look like a lot of fun. in 6 years of playing, I`ve often had different `favorite` players to watch/play with. Ahren, Ryan, Lon. But my first favorite player to watch was Kenny Shults.

My first video was the Vu bros. 96 Worlds video, and I pretty much memorized it. I haven`t seen it in a while, so now I only have a few combos and sections still burned into my brain, but they`re there for the long haul. Rippin` hitting symp whirling swirl-blizzard-paradon-blizzard-paradon-barfly-scorpion`s tail, and somebody saying: `man, you pumped that one rippin`!` Wulff hitting vortex-dyno-dyno. And Kenny Shults at the tam tam hitting spinning paradox blender midstring.

That one move pretty much sums up the impression he left me from that video. Just this powerful, aggressive style, almost willing the bag to end up on his foot after any number of fast slices his feet made through the air. He made every move look like he was just nailing it. Pdx whirl-whirling swirl-blender. Damn! It looked almost like he had something personally against each move, and was just punishing it. It was this cool kinda confidence that he could really stick a move, and it looked awesome to me.

At worlds I told Kenny about Miko, and how I thought his style was like Tuan`s, but GF said it looked more like Kenny`s. Kenny said to me: `oh, so his hands are flailing all over the place and he`s all out of control?`

This kinda took me by surprise, that Kenny would jokingly refer to his own style in this way. After giving it some thought, the only way I could process it was by thinking about basketball. Doctor J was incredible. Kinda like Lon, he did all sorts of difficult moves but made them look superstyly and effortless. Because of this, his fans were legion. I kinda see Kenny Shults as more like Tim Duncan though. Duncan has a very straightforward style, and because of that he doesn`t have as many fans as other, flashier players. I love a Doctor J dunk cause it looks so cool. But while Duncan`s dunks aren`t as flashy, he still really rocks the rim.

Kenny doesn`t have the same flow as Lon Smith. But the sheer energy and determination that Kenny radiates when he plays still inspires me to go out and not just try to hit moves, but to go fucking nail them to a wall.
Rock the rim Kenny.

LordKingdomUltimate
Hack Fiend

Post by LordKingdomUltimate » 22 Aug 2003 00:01

Flipsider is back up. I immediatly made some stupid verbose post. I have been reading:

Ahren wrote, "Stop flappin' those fucking lips"

Brad Kaplan wrote:

"Each player also has their own style and weak points too, so HOW DO YOU JUDGE SOMEONE LIKE THAT mister "FREESTYLE CAN'T BE JUDGED"

my buddy david wrote:

"you seem to want to take the layed back chill footbag enviorment that ive known and loved and make it into a shit talking high competitive thing? and the sad thing is, even if you apoligized to everyone right now, i doubt youd have a warm welcome back. i think youve screwed the respect we might've had for you totally. have fun playing alone or with the select group you have"

Brad K wrote:
"And I like giving someone, whose every statement is designed to produce a desired effect, exactly what they want."

Qphox wrote:
" I totally lost any respect for you in that last post. And that's really unfortunate, considering I've never met you. "

Megafighter_Sex wrote:
"This is the middle east of footbag, so to speak"

and Lankstrosity wrote the best post of all time.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 23 Aug 2003 00:21

Yeah look, there are players out there, whose style I don't particularly like, but I would never say that they have a bad style - I think there is a considerable difference. However I repect you LordUltimateKingdom for making this post - despite my disagreement with what you have to say. I hate the idea that somepeople are above criticism because of what they've done in the past. Kenny Shults is one of the few people out there that I feel like I really owe big time, without him, I don't know what I'd spend my life doing, and I think I'd probably be pretty directionless. But that would never stop me criticising him if I thought it was constructive. I do really like watching Kenny play - although I can understand where your criticism comes from. As Acid reign mentioned - Kenny is pushing the barriers of what is possible to do in the sport. Sometimes it not about how it looks, just that it can be done. Personally I respect skill and diffilculty much more than I respect smooth style (both together is obviosly the complete package). However I also think that when he isn't trying to hit ridiculously hard combos or moves, there's nothing wrong with his style. I certainly wouldn't criticise him for it.

Lankstrosity

Post by Lankstrosity » 26 Aug 2003 13:43

8O

im so moved.

Lankstrosity

Post by Lankstrosity » 26 Aug 2003 13:45

Due to the powers that be, I am no longer an official member of the flipsider forum. FIGHT THE OPPRESIVE OPS!!! FIGHT! THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!1!!!

that is all.

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 26 Aug 2003 19:55

megafighter sex..... :lol: :lol:

Sorry Pete, I didn't mean nothing like that, I just meant there was a lack of a serious negative comment made = no comment = nothing, but yes, I imagine the effect was something.

Please pete, I know you still see the value of the forums or you wouldn't be here, try to talk him back to coming here, its so nice to have the father of footbag on his forum, and one of his "sons" :wink:

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 27 Aug 2003 11:36

i just had a vision of the future

dont you think, once everyone gets their flowing syle la-dee-da...

the new smooth is unsmooth. Its like that with everything.

it will be cool to have bad style. Im gonna own footbag
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley