9-11 commision

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

9-11 commision

Post by HighDemonslayer » 10 Aug 2004 22:14

I was going to start a poll but I forgot how.

It would have had loaded questions anyway, so I could vent.

Here's the 2 options pertaining to the commision.

Pick one:

1. The 9-11 commision was composed of dedcated public servants and produced important remedies to save the nation.<gag>

2. The 9-11 commision was a waste of time and money, composed almost entirely of lawyers and bureaucrats who couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.
Their touted recommendations for a new bureaucracy and a new, useless intelligence chief, are typical, ineffectual, big government bloat.

Feel free to vent your mind how useless the commision was. Maybe it didn't blame Bush enough for you.

It did however cause Sandy Burger to commit high espionage crimes against our nation to cover up his repeated, bumbling inability to pursue Al Qaeda.

That was interesting for about a day, until we realized that he would get away with. Yawn

-n
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

-----------------------------------
-nathan

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 10 Aug 2004 22:47

yep it's another left wing conspiracy to rob you of your hard earnt tax dollars.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 11 Aug 2004 07:17

So you picked 1?

I'll pick 1 with a bit of sarcastic 2 mixed in. I think the intentions were that of 1, but the idea of a commission report making the best seller list during an election year this close to elections, pulls in #2.

Even if the president agreed 100% with the commision, he won't be around to do anything about it if he's ousted.

We already know the CIA keeps secrets from the FBI who keeps secrets from Law Enforcement, who keeps secrets from the general public. We didn't need a novel to tell us that. However, the general public feels better if they think a commision report carries some weight. Which it doesn't, so it is a false sense of security for America who is still vulnerable to attacks at any given moment.

Even our own security chief (Tom Ridge) is quitting his post sighting financial strain, so it must not be such an important position. Off topic: Tom Ridge makes over $100k a year and is finding it difficult to put his child through college. I make less than half that and I have no problems putting my children (plural) through college. What makes him any different. What?-His kid needs gold plated rims for his hummer first year at Standford? Send him to community college, with the millions he will make in the private sector his kid will never have to work a day in his life. Geeessss.
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews