Do you dislike gay people, or do you have no problem with th

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Do you dislike gay people, or do you have no problem with th

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 14 Sep 2005 20:25

Do you guys have a problem with gay people? i dont but when im at school and IN CLASS a person said "i liked this one band but the lead sing is queer so i want to kill him" and my teacher does nothing i got called a "fag" for having long hair

do you guys think theres a problem there or not?

dont flame me this is just a pro gay or anti gay disscussion

Samurai
4square Warrior

Post by Samurai » 14 Sep 2005 20:39

I don't have any problem with homosexuals. I mean, why have a problem with someone because of what shaped sexual organ they want to play with? That's like having a problem with someone because of their skin color. That attitude of your friend wanting to kill the gay lead singer is destructive and I don't like it. What if gay's wanted to kill straights? That's just stupid straights would think. But, anywayz.

It's just friction. Geez.
Shreddaily wrote:
Started with sparse low lines, built intensity with rythmic variety, went to 16th note lines in high register, than went to octives, than block chords for my last chorus... If you understood that last sentance than you should be playing music and not checking the internet.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 14 Sep 2005 20:44

I feel the same way towards gay people as I feel towards hetrosexual people. I don't judge people based on their sexuality at all.

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 14 Sep 2005 20:49

I don't hate them although sometimes some of them get very annoying, but that happens with straight people as well. And I still get a little weirded out when I see a guy kissing another guy, but it easy just to look the other way.
Aric McIntosh

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 14 Sep 2005 20:51

Meh, I don't like 'em too much. :?

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 14 Sep 2005 20:59

BainbridgeShred wrote:Meh, I don't like 'em too much. :?
would you like to tell the class why?

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 14 Sep 2005 21:21

Because Dan just likes to be contradictory. :)

Mightymic
Shredalicious

Post by Mightymic » 14 Sep 2005 21:39

Nagasake wrote:Because Dan just likes to be contradictory. :)
hahaha damn

burn
Devin Kulp

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 14 Sep 2005 22:07

I believe homosexuality is wrong, but being a christian I guess i'm biased ;) I disagree with abuse etc of them tho... hate the homosexuality, not the homosexual, that's how I feel about it. My best mate of 12 yrs recently came out... it was totally weird at first I was pretty shocked... but i'm used to it now.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 14 Sep 2005 23:57

Because Dan just likes to be contradictory.
I had to read it twice to get it... I got double sonned :(

Go do yoga or something. Yeah you claim you do it for Footbag but we know you only want that extra flexibilty for one thing and one thing only :wink:

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 15 Sep 2005 03:02

Does anyone else here find gay guys totally hot!?!??!!!?!!!!!!!!!?

In seriousness, there's actually only one person I know well who's not straight, and he's one of my good friends. I suppose that means I'm a-ok with gay.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

Samurai
4square Warrior

Post by Samurai » 15 Sep 2005 03:23

Girls kissing girls is hooooooooooooooooooooooooot
Shreddaily wrote:
Started with sparse low lines, built intensity with rythmic variety, went to 16th note lines in high register, than went to octives, than block chords for my last chorus... If you understood that last sentance than you should be playing music and not checking the internet.

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 15 Sep 2005 03:46

Last spring on my psychology class there was a male suggestiontheraphyst (sp?!) for one lesson giving lecture about his work. From his acting and way of speaking I couldn't help thinking inside of my head "this guy is definetly gay."
Two weeks ago I read from the news paper about a little girls raping case where a man had got to prison or four years.
It was the same man that had kept a lecture in my phsycology class.

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 15 Sep 2005 04:02

Holy fuck, I didn't think a bunch of men who danced around in short shorts could be so fucking bigoted. This thread makes me sick.
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

Paul Agostinelli
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Paul Agostinelli » 15 Sep 2005 04:43

Stephen Barnes wrote:Holy fuck, I didn't think a bunch of men who danced around in short shorts could be so fucking bigoted. This thread makes me sick.
you beat me to it.

i dont care that the thread was started, i care that the majority of the responses are less than intelligent. anyone who thinks any less of gay people than anyone else gets no respect from me.

~NEL~
Precisely Mos Eisley

mohkale
The Mohkale

Post by mohkale » 15 Sep 2005 04:49

Off-topic:
ana_ali wrote:Last spring on my psychology class there was a male suggestiontheraphyst (sp?!) for one lesson giving lecture about his work. From his acting and way of speaking I couldn't help thinking inside of my head "this guy is definetly gay."
Two weeks ago I read from the news paper about a little girls raping case where a man had got to prison or four years.
It was the same man that had kept a lecture in my phsycology class.
I hope he gets gang-raped several times before slowly and painfully getting murdered in prison.

A similar story happened to me about 20 years ago. I lived next to a swimming hall and I went there at least 3 times a week. In the men's shower room there was this guy, who we called "peikko" (goblin). He was really scary looking and he was there all the time. Since I went there with my friends during daytime, there weren't many adults. He (the goblin) often asked us to go to sauna with him. We were afraid of him, so we never went. I moved away from there, but I read from a newspaper that a guy was caught molesting kids in that same swimming hall's shower room :x :cry:. They caught the goblin. I never really thought about it, but I could be severly traumatized now.

On-topic:

I have problems with individual persons, not with certain groups of people.

MAtti
Matti Pohjola

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 15 Sep 2005 06:15

Sam Colclough wrote:Girls kissing girls is hooooooooooooooooooooooooot
as long as at least one of them is attractive
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 15 Sep 2005 07:34

My brother's gay. I see him and his boyfriend chilling together a lot. I don't really get put off by them kissing. I can totally have an open discussion with my brother about our sex lives, it's not really that strange...and I have a big problem with people like Dan.

I really hope Damon doesn't join this discussion. He'll just end up bitching a lot and deleting all his posts again.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 15 Sep 2005 07:52

To contribute something worthwhile to the discussion (I guess - the only reason I haven't really commented seriously is that I sort of feel this conversation is a little played out on these boards, but whatever) I don't have an issue with gay people. I find it hard to when I know most of the gay people I know are people that I don't know are gay. However, I think it shows a lot of naiveté to say that there's no difference between how straight people and gay people act. They've had to deal with much different circumstances and that cultural ordeal that many of them have to face I imagine shapes their culture in a lot of ways. At any rate, some of the nicest people I have met are gay, but then again a lot of the people I actively dislike are gay. The reason for those feelings had nothing to do with their sexual orientation. And to rebut the classic, "Well, so long as they don't come onto me!" -- if a gay person came onto me I would just be flattered and politely decline.

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 15 Sep 2005 08:49

I used to be very biased against gay people before I moved to Missoula. Before that, I lived in a rural agricultural (in Montana that translates to hick) town of about 10,000 called Havre in northern Montana (about forty miles from Canadia, eh?). I was raised Catholic and my parents, mainly my dad, were strictly anti-gay. My mom didn't really have much of a problem with it after a time of watching HGTV and Christopher Lowell. Anyways, there were few kids open about their homosexuality in my high school. Then I joined the National Guard where it was supposed to be kept in the closet. I liked that idea at the time because after a while, I didn't have a problem with a person's sexual orientation as long as they kept it in the closet and away from me. Then I moved to Missoula last year and if you don't know anything about this town, it is a very liberal town of about 75,000 or something to the nature. After hanging out with the group I hang out with, we eventually came across a few homosexuals that hang out with us every now and again and I've found out that I don't mind them that much; they're actually as normal as anyone else is and are very nice people. The only time I ever have a small resentment for them is when you get the flamboyantly homosexual-type; that's the equivalent of my friend Pete running around campus yelling "I LOVE WOMEN AND I'M PROUD OF IT!" We already know that, but it doesn't need to be as boisterous as that. That's my two cents.
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson