War on Iraq

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.

Should the US go to war with Iraq

Absolutly, the lives of civillian Iraqs are less important than cheap petrol
3%
Yes, Saddam is evil and the US has the self imposed duty to remove him
12%
Yes, Saddam is evil and the US has the self imposed duty to remove him
12%
Yes, but only with Security Council support
9%
No, war is evil
64%

Total votes: 58

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 31 Jan 2003 05:35

wicked wrote:The people of afganistan should have been expecting those bombs to drop as soon as they saw the planes flying through the buildings. What i mean by Terrroist action is, to be done deliberately to kill innocent people, and without warning. When we went into Afganastan, our main targets were mainly military targets, and spots where terrorism was known to occur. We went through Afganistans old regime, the Taliban. They were unwilling to extradite the criminals, and willingly took part in harboring known terrorist groups such as Al Queda.

Its not like we just started dropping bombs on them Alan out of nowhere like they hit us on 9-11. I cant beleive your even asking what the meaning of terrorism is.

There is a difference bettween violent acts in a DECLARED war and violent acts in TERRORISM.
And yet NONE of the terrorists in the planes were from Afghanistan...

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 31 Jan 2003 05:41

IT DOESN"T MATTER IF THEY WERE AFGANI.. THE ORGANIZATION THAT THAT ORGANIZED THE ATTACK, THE AL QUEDA, HAD TRAINING CAMPS ALL OVER AFGANISTAN... BIN LADEN HIMSELF WAS KNOWN TO BE HIDING IN AFGANISTAN.... IT doesn't matter their nationality.. If its Al Queda basically dont matter if your american, afgani, iraqi, or canadian.. YOUR GONNA PAY FOR 9/11
Last edited by wicked on 31 Jan 2003 05:46, edited 1 time in total.

dizzy
Multidex Master

Post by dizzy » 31 Jan 2003 05:45

wicked wrote:naa canada you dont have to worry about us, the good ole U.S.of A. ... come on we play hack all the time, yea george is a dick but so what he will be gone in a couple years.... Just chill the hell out for a second. Look someones gonna get shot. Your right, We Cannot remove the iraq room from the house completely, But we can Kick Sadam out. Iraq is Great. Sadam Sucks. WE CAN REMOVE HIM AND WE WILL. Its going to happen. War is innevitable. I just really want to get it over with.
Holy shit Eric. Do you watch the news at all? Take Sadaam out of power and another mad man(his son) is ready and waiting to take his place. And that is fine with the US cause in another 10 years, if there is anything left of us, that will be another war to distract people from how bad the economy and our environment really is.
wicked wrote:Watch, Once Iraq is liberated and you punk asses see pictures of the torture devices, you guys will back the war..... Same shit happened in Germany when we took hitler out of power. haha anti-war guys probably wouldn't have wanted us to go againt hitler either.!
Did you know that there are MOUNTAINS of evidence that the US openly supported Hitler even after Europe and the rest of world went to war with him? Go back to school, Eric, and take a fucking history class cause you're talking out of your asshole. The US didn't even get into the war against Hitler until Pearl Harbour happened. The war had been going for years and Hitler had dominated over half of Europe before you "johnny-come-latelies" even got into the game. He only lasted that long against everybody because the US was HELPING HIM. I'm not making this up man. Look it up, don't just make it up.
wicked wrote:Did you know that in germany.Most of the evidence of the mass murders weren't even released until after the war. You know, the pictures of those burned bodies and the gas chambers used to kill them? As far as most every day germans were concerneed they had no idea about the killings until after the war was over.
Do you have a source for this tid bit of info? Or did it just sound good when you were writing it? There was thing called the Gestapo who went into every home in Germany and persecuted people trying to find out if they were Jewish. If you were(or even if they just thought you were), you were thrown in the back of truck and taken away, never to be seen again. "Every day Germans" bloody well knew something was happening to these people and I'd venture to say they didn't think they were being taken on Mediterranean cruises. They existed in a state of terror. Those that didn't support Hitler had to keep their mouths shut about it or they'd be thrown in with the Jewes.

Christ, I hope you don't spout that bullshit in public with any Jewish people within ear shot. Any Jews on this board wish to tell Eric what's up?
wicked wrote:You anti-war people are speaking WAYYYY too soon.
"We anti-war people" haven't spoken soon enough and in large enough numbers. What is happening is INSANE and you SUPPORT it? Damn man, I thought you were a rational human being.

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 31 Jan 2003 05:54

mostly sounded good at the time, but thats besides the point. HAHA his son. hudae (sp) (pronounced WHO-DAY) hudae hussain huh.. HAHAHHAHAHA do you think we are just gonna kill sadam and thats it. lol just leave. No my friend. We are going to go in there, we are going to remove all forms of any sort of previous power. We are going to stay there. Husseins entire Regime is going to be destroyed. His son is going to be killed as well. There is already a legion of IRAQI americans (and other political reformists) planning on returning after we remove sadam from power to rebuild an entirely new government. What you are going to see alan, quite frankly, Is the complete dismantle and reconstrucion of their entire political sysetem. I personally cant wait to watch this happen. Its going to be interesting for sure.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 31 Jan 2003 06:00

wicked wrote:IT DOESN"T MATTER IF THEY WERE AFGANI.. THE ORGANIZATION THAT THAT ORGANIZED THE ATTACK, THE AL QUEDA, HAD TRAINING CAMPS ALL OVER AFGANISTAN... BIN LADEN HIMSELF WAS KNOWN TO BE HIDING IN AFGANISTAN.... IT doesn't matter their nationality.. If its Al Queda basically dont matter if your american, afgani, iraqi, or canadian.. YOUR GONNA PAY FOR 9/11
So Al Qaeda attack the US for the tourture and human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia (paid for by the US), for the US troops in Mecca (imagine if someone came into your church and raped your wife, that's what US soldiers have been doing in Mecca), for the millions of dead people in Iraq, in Libya, in Palestine and around the world. The US respond by killing more people. How do you think the rest of the world will react. An eye for an eye will result in everybody being blind.

According to recent reports, while in Afghanistan, US and Northern alliance troops captured over 5000 Afghanistan soldiers, many were under 15, many had no idea why they were fighting or knew of the events of September 11. They were rounded up and put in a large number of shipping containers. To allow them to breath US soldiers fired through the containers to make air holes (incidently killing a large number of the prisoners). They then left them in the containers for at least 2 days with no food or water. Imagine being in a cramped little dark space, dead and injured people around you, the smell of faeces and only being 15. Nobody is sure exactly what happened to the 5000 prisoners of war, except that their bodies have been found and the US refuses to make any comment. You won't have read about this in US papers, however you'll find details on the net, there was a doco about it here in Australia and if you can see that... well it affected me a lot more then S11 did. Should the US be bombed for what soldiers acting in its name do?

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 31 Jan 2003 06:02

wicked wrote:I personally cant wait to watch this happen. Its going to be interesting for sure.
Interesting? Interesting hearing about the bombs that go off target, the children that die, the land mines that are planted, the unexploded cluster bombs with their nice pretty yellow colours. If war, misery and death interests you then you should seek help.

dizzy
Multidex Master

Post by dizzy » 31 Jan 2003 06:09

wicked wrote:mostly sounded good at the time, but thats besides the point.

Nice way to side-step the fact that you just completely bull-shitted a completely offensive story to make a stupid point. Nice one buddy. I think you owe any Jewish people that read that an apology. Shit, you owe anybody that reads that an apology. Seriously.
wicked wrote: HAHA his son. hudae (sp) (pronounced WHO-DAY) hudae hussain huh.. HAHAHHAHAHA do you think we are just gonna kill sadam and thats it. lol just leave. No my friend. We are going to go in there, we are going to remove all forms of any sort of previous power. We are going to stay there. Husseins entire Regime is going to be destroyed. His son is going to be killed as well. There is already a legion of IRAQI americans (and other political reformists) planning on returning after we remove sadam from power to rebuild an entirely new government. What you are going to see alan, quite frankly, Is the complete dismantle and reconstrucion of their entire political sysetem. I personally cant wait to watch this happen. Its going to be interesting for sure.
This is more complete bullshit. Sorry to tell you this man, but you're straight-up brainwashed. I took you for being more intelligent.

It's great that you can look at this situation and laugh as if it's some fucking soap opera on TV, but some of us live in the real world and choose to take issues like this seriously.

You make me sad Eric :(

I'm going to stop now, and get some sleep before I say something I might regret. Maybe you should do the same.

dizzy
Multidex Master

Post by dizzy » 31 Jan 2003 07:04

Eric,

An hour later I can't sleep. I was going to write you privately, but figure because I insulted you in public, I should apologise in public.

I'm sorry for letting my emotions get the better of me.

Allan

PS you're still an asshole ;)

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 31 Jan 2003 07:23

Aww, you shouldn't regret what your saying... They are just my beliefs okay?? I find things other people are saying offensive too, like i said just chill first of all. For all else not knowing this.... its like me, alan, and austrailian jeremy arguing about this at like 6 in the morning. yawn

There were some British operatives that were actually in the Al Qeada system. They even did the training exersizes in the Boot Camps and Al Qeada traning facilities undercover. Its been recently confirmed that Bin Laden Has Access to Materials that can make a Crude Radioactive Dirty Bomb. As horible as 9/11 was there could be something even worse.

Lets say they drop it right on the CZ REPUBLIC DURING WORLDS in Prauge!. and it just happened to be that same week. very unlikely. but if so. and all those footbaggers died. would you still say no war? Fuck that ide go rip his head off myself. I seriously think the opinons expressed here would be quite different. To me, being an american those were my fellow americans, its almost the same thing.

All i know is that there is some f-ed up shit happening and its like, I would be against the war... I SO WOULD!!!!! but... it doesn't seem like the rest of the the countries are doing anything to stop the terrorism. Yea The US is the "worlds police" or whatever but if we weren't who would be you know? I would loveeeeeee for the U.S. to be not involved and watch another country deal with it from the sidelines. Who else is going to do it??

Jeremy (from australia) said: "So Al Qaeda attack the US for the tourture and human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia.... ....You won't have read about this in US papers, however there was a doco about it here in Australia and if you can see that... well it affected me a lot more then S11 did. Should the US be bombed for what soldiers acting in its name do?"

If you think the USA deserved those terrorist attacks on 9/11... and that that the Attack on innocent civilians... were deserved, because of our evil actions, then you are so sadly mistaken. If you say that my fellow americans deseverved to die that morning, then you say americans deserve to die. If your saying americans derserve to die your saying I deserve to die. I could have been in that building.... So you say that what we have done has affected you more than 9/11?? Um what planet are you from Jeremy? i think that was the most horrific thing i have ever seen. Hollywood cant duplicate the sheer horror of 9/11.
Look Jeremy I haven't taken what youve said lightly in the slightest. If you are not with us then you are against us. And if you are against us than you are with the terrorists. I get the feeling that you dont mind the U.S.A. being attacked much from your attitude in your post.

Even if U.S. soldiers shot holes in a box with some afganis in it.... is that truely as horrible as 9/11, taking two sky skrapers down? I mean i hear of more hardcore shit going down in Compton than a couple of Al Qeada getting shot for some air holes. My God. The World Trade Center? You need to get you head checked Jeremy, and i hope you never come to the U.S.A. Infact since we are sooo bad just drop that footbag because we came up with that too.

Im not just saying this shit because I am an american. If they took down a couple Skyscrapers in Canada ide be just as pissed off, if not more, because you guys aren't even involved or whatever and it be even more terrorizing.

Late.

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 31 Jan 2003 07:48

It seems like all you people from other countries still know the name George W Bush. I dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Prob bad but oh well.

I have no idea, what the hell the presidents name's Are in Austrailia, Canada, or any other coutry besides Iraq... Thats pretty sad that i know Sadam Hussein before i know your presidents name Jeremy. Whats up with that?

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

A rebuttle of Allan's rebuttle to my first rebuttle, i think

Post by Senor Grommet » 31 Jan 2003 09:08

Allan, enought of the me-bashing. I fully understand your points, and they are cogently articulated. However, there is one important apect of this argument you continue to overlook. Terrorist netwoks such as Al Qaeda, and many of its members do not want peace. They do not care for it. It is not their objective to achieve it. Peace is YOUR objective Allan. Fanatics, such as Bin Laden for example, truly wish for the entire world to convert to Islam, and they would sooner kill all dissenters of their Islam-ruled world rather than let them (non-muslims) live elsewhere peacefully. The fanatic muslims dont want peace, and no matter what the peace activists like yourself do, no matter how effectively they convince the US to be peaceful and to refrain from war, it wont minimize the threat of our terrorost "enemies." They would still like to eradicate the US and any country that supports the US. p.s. I do understand the concept that only very few muslims share radical beliefs. I do not hate muslims, and I have many muslim friends at University California Santa Barbara. I also hate politicians and refuse to support them, thus you are right Allan in assuming I do not vote. I do not. If you were running for president Allen, as much as I agree with you in that peace is the most important world issue, I couldn't vote for you either.

jeremy

TRYING TO PERSUADE BIN-LADEN-LIKE TERRORISTS INTO PEACE IS LIKE STANDING OUTSIDE OF A SOUND PROOF BOOTH WHILE HE IS INSIDE, ASKING HIM TO HAVE A FRIENDLY LOLLIPOP WITH YOU. HE'LL NEVER[/b] HEAR YOU!

Jeremy

Do my above statements somehow make me sound stupid Allen? I think they are realistic ideas. And no matter how hard I wish for peace, peace is unrealistic when both sides do not want it.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

dizzy
Multidex Master

Re: A rebuttle of Allan's rebuttle to my first rebuttle, i t

Post by dizzy » 31 Jan 2003 14:43

So, I would like to ask: how is it exactly that invading Iraq is going to stop terrorism? Let's go in there and do what Eric says he thinks the US is committed to doing there and remove Sadaam and completely replace the government there. Is this going to stop terrorism? No. This is why it's called terrorism. You guys speak of military action as if it there was no doubt that going in a blowing shit up and removing some bad-asses from some bad-ass country is going to solve everything and make the world safe again.

If this were actually the case then maybe, just maybe, I'd support such actions. God knows I don't want to be watching another 9/11 on TV or to be a victim myself. But the simple truth of the matter is that we CANNOT stop terrorism with terrorism. I don't care *what* you want to call it. Having bombs dropped on you is terrifying and is meant to be.

The people of Iraq don't see you frightened Americans thinking it's your only hope to stop other 9/11's from happening again. They don't see the 2800+ lives that were lost on 9/11. They see *everybody* they know personally effected in one way or another. You can't go to Iraq or Afghanistan and talk to someone who hasn't lost their mother or son or brother or sister to a US-led military attack - whether it was a "mis-guided" missile or through starvation - the end is the same and they won't know (or care if they did) how patriotic and righteous 9/11 made you feel.

Do you know anybody that died on 9/11? My ex-girlfriends cousin worked in the building across the street and *called in sick that morning*. I would venture to say that the only reason you people are so blood-thirsty is because you saw it on TV. Do you know that the US is responsible for far worse atrocities on an almost yearly scale? That's not terrorism? Of course those people in the WTC didn't "deserve" to die - I resent the implication that I think they did. But the attack was undeniably very provoked. I for one stand in wonder as to how it is the US got along for so long *without* shit like that happening.

So, yes, it is a terrible conundrum we are in. Doing nothing may seem to be a stupid idea. But if you ask me, it's a far site better than going into a country and killing a bunch of innocent people when there is NO chance that it will solve anything. Let me re-state that. There is NO chance that it will solve anything. NONE, ZIP, ZERO, ZULCH. Going into Iraq will breed a new generation of terrorists who want more blood and who will stop at nothing for revenge. Going in there will make the situation far, far worse. Don't think so? You're not looking at the situation objectively. Have "we" caught Osama Bin Laden?

Doing this(invading Iraq) will occupy the war-mongers and give them something to watch on the evening news other than the issues that are truly important and that we a chance of doing something about. All the aircraft carriers and "smart" bombs in the world won't be able to stop these new terrorists from their mission.

Why don't you guys want to go to war with the oil companies that are raping our environment and selling cars that were obsolete in the 1930's? Not only are they deeply involved in what is happening right now, but in the long run they will kill more US citizens than Sadaam Hussein ever could(save for him launching a WMD). What are you gonna do when you have to buy your daughter oxygen from a vending machine? Blame Osama Bin Laden?

Put that in your SUV and smoke it.

dizzy
Multidex Master

Post by dizzy » 31 Jan 2003 14:49

By the way, a little tid bit of info for you: Are you aware that your government knew that 9/11 was going to happen?

Noah Jay-Bonn
Multidex Master

Post by Noah Jay-Bonn » 31 Jan 2003 15:02

Wicked said:
If you are not with us then you are against us. And if you are against us than you are with the terrorists.

Yikes! That's scary! Are you going to start calling people who don't believe in fighting terrorists?

Anyways, Who's going to the Anti-War protest in Ney York on December 15th? It is supposed to be the biggest protest in the history of the united states. Really says something huh?
If you guys are there maybe we can find time to kick that weekend. :wink:

NOT IN MY NAME

Noah

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 31 Jan 2003 15:18

Your right we can not totally abolish terrorism just by taking out saddam hussein. But this is a long war and it doesn't stop with iraq. Im sorry but all I want is peace. BUT SOMETIMES PEACE MUST BE DEFENDED. we will not sit by while some maniac threatens the rest of his neighbors with chemical and biological weapons. Im sorry but you cant have peace staring down the barrel of a gun

Under your ideals Alan we would all be dead im sorry.. Sitting back and doing nothing is not the answer.

This isn't just the view of my President, but the views of the general public of the United States of America. Like Jermey Mirken said, get mad at me, not my president. I notice alot of you people bashing bush, but i actually think hes been pretty soft on Iraq. If I were president, Iraq would have been a parking lot a long time ago. You know how sand and heat make glass? After im done with iraq its gonna look like superman's dad's house on krypton.

There is an old flag that flies around here. It shows a picture of a Snake coiled and ready to strike. The caption underneath reads "Dont Tread On Me."

People the U.S. Has the ultimate in high-tech warfare. We can do it the fastest with the least amont of allied cassualties. Drone warfare is the latest in technology. We can now fly an unmanned plane using a computer not real pilots. That means we can now fly a plane right up saddams ass like it was a video game. All this terrorism has lead us to develop the most precise weaponry with the deadliest of accuracy. The time is now.

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 31 Jan 2003 15:27

Actually no . The whole "either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists" was actually a quote by GWB on 9/12, or maybe later that day on 9/11, i cant remember. Im not going to call people who dont want to fight terrorism, terrorists. Im going to call them dis-honorable*edit, who dont really seem to care that some INTERNATIONAL terrorist drove a couple planes through the WorldTradeCenter. Its not called the American Trade Center. Come on guys WAKE UP!! The people behind the plot to attack the U.S. have attacked other countries too. Its not just a U.S.A. vs. them. Look at all the suicide bombings in Israel.

Look we already went to war against Iraq. We told saddam we would spare his life under one condition "that you stand down and disarm of weapons of mass destruction" Thats it... all he has to do is destroy the weapons we know he has... So far he has shown no proof that he has disarmmed, he continuously threatens the American way of life, which includes footbag, since im a footbagger. Plus has connections with known terrorists. The man just needs to be taken out now and I want to see it happen.
Last edited by wicked on 31 Jan 2003 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 31 Jan 2003 16:43

Wicked wrote:

"Even if U.S. soldiers shot holes in a box with some afganis in it.... is that truely as horrible as 9/11, taking two sky skrapers down? I mean i hear of more hardcore shit going down in Compton than a couple of Al Qeada getting shot for some air holes. My God. The World Trade Center? You need to get you head checked Jeremy, and i hope you never come to the U.S.A. Infact since we are sooo bad just drop that footbag because we came up with that too."

You are calling 15 year old kids "Al Qeada". Kids who were fighting, not even knowing why, against an enemy they really don't know anything about. You are using a name that you have heard through the mass media to justify killing. It's like saying, "kill those niggers". You take all your hatered and create a focal point. You classify and judge broadly. You angryly swear at the "Al Qeada". These kids had nothing to do with the deaths on 9-11. We did deserve 9-11. Killing isnt right but we got what was coming to us because our leaders, who we allow to lead us, have killed for monatary conquest. I deserve the hatred of the world because I ignore what our leaders are doing thinking I can be apart from it. He who doesn't raise his finger to prevent murder might as well have pulled the trigger himself. You, Eric fall into the same category as George Bush in my brain. You react based upon what you are told you don't seek out the truth or use common sense. I've talked to you in depth I know you have the sense. ACTIVATE IT! But this isn't about you, it is about everyone like you. When someone hits you do you hit them back or think first?

"Let me tell you what it's all about. It's called Money dependence today, and people just going on looking at the dollar bill."

"Here lies a man, broken and ancient. His only crime was to hear lies and remain complacent."

One day the name America will be spoken in shame. When we finally take back our country I don't want to share the name of our current nation. Greedy Corporate America.

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 31 Jan 2003 16:48

Wicked wrote:
"The man just needs to be taken out now and I want to see it happen."

Why does this mind set still exist? Why do people have do die? No one should feel the want to see people die. Stop it! As long as you want someone to die. Someone wants you to die. Don't you see?

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 31 Jan 2003 16:48

Im trying to rebuttle Jeremys (from austrailias) aregument that basically We Deserved 9-11 Sam. I mean if you dont like my argument, come up with something better. It is truely horrible that those kids were killed in boxes!. But as far as the sheer magnitude of whats worse..., that or 9-11. Im defianately thinking 9-11. Do you know how many kids died in the planes and the buildings of the world trade center???? Kids WAYYYY UNDER 15......... I CANT BELIEVE YOUR DEFENDING HIM SAM.

Here are just a few of the children who died as a result of the attacks.

Zoe Falkenberg age 8
Dana Falkenberg age 3
Juliana Valentine McCourt age 4
Christine Hanson age 2
David Brandhorst age 3

To Show that binladen/Saddam isnt just against the U.S. But basically anyone. Here are known victims that were citizens of other countries who died on 9-11. (Jeremy from Santa Barbara, or someone.. . Can you get a statistic, showing which of these countries has at least one footbag club? I bet you the results would be staggering.)

Known country

Here is a list of Known Victims Citizenship

Australian - 1
Belgian - 1
Brazilian - 3
British - 67
Chinese - 2
Colombian - 17
Congonese - 2
Ecuadorian - 3
Filipino - 15
French - 1
German - 5
Ghanaian - 2
Guyanese - 3
Haitian - 2
Honduran - 1
Indian - 1
Indonesian - 1
Irish - 1
Israeli - 2
Italian - 4
Ivory Coast - 1
Jamaican - 16
Japanese - 23
Lebanese - 3
Lithuania - 1
Mexican - 15
Moldavian - 1
Nigerian - 1
Peruvian - 5
Portuguese - 3
Russian - 1
Swedish - 1
Taiwanese - 1
Ukrainian - 1
Uzbek - 1
Venezuelan - 1

Known country of residence. (could have been citizen of other country.)

Australia - 3
Bermuda - 1
Britain - 1
Canada - 5
China - 2
Dominican Republic - 1
El Salvador - 1
England - 11
Germany - 6
Israel - 1
Japan - 3
Mexico - 10
USA - 2902

Well I think ive said enough... im done now. Probably.

*statistics from www.september11victims.com

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 31 Jan 2003 18:00

Allan, what sources can you quote in your supposed truth that the US govt. knew 9/11 was going to happen?
i simply dont believe it, however i could be wrong.
Jeremy Mirken
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.