War on Iraq

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.

Should the US go to war with Iraq

Absolutly, the lives of civillian Iraqs are less important than cheap petrol
3%
Yes, Saddam is evil and the US has the self imposed duty to remove him
12%
Yes, Saddam is evil and the US has the self imposed duty to remove him
12%
Yes, but only with Security Council support
9%
No, war is evil
64%

Total votes: 58

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

War on Iraq

Post by Jeremy » 29 Jan 2003 15:31

I was just wondering what other people think about the US going to war with a country that has a GDP one tenth of the US military budget... I'm against

madshred2003
Fearless

Post by madshred2003 » 29 Jan 2003 15:45

bush is making a bad move. bad move bush!!
i scream you scream we all scream for... footbag?

-Charles Ford. holdin it down in the ATX

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 29 Jan 2003 15:57

But even if Saddam does have biological weapons, what gives the US the right to wage war on him? Iraq offers no serious threat to the US. He has no means of getting those weapons to the US, sure there is the US oil interests, but it isn't their oil.

And for that matter, why are the lives of the Iraq people being treated as less impoartant as the lives of the US people? The UN reported that over 500,000 children under 5 die every year in Iraq from preventable sickness due to the trade imbago on Iraq. Every year Lukimea (spelling) levels rise dramatically due to the uranium depleted weapons used in the Gulf war by the US. Yet the Iraqi hospitals are unable to obtain any of the treatment because of the trade imbago.

Saddam is evil, but the lives of any person should be of greater importance than keeping or removing a particular person in power.

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 29 Jan 2003 16:08

Wow, that actually makes alot of sense and I never looked at it like that...I suppose I got caught up in the fear caompaign :(. d'oh.

I think the US thinks they are more important than anyone...and sadly it's not just their govt that thinks that. There are alot of citizens there who still think they "won" ww2 on their own and deserve sooo much for it...
this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 29 Jan 2003 17:01

Well for one... I'm a pacifist. If you only want to hear one side of the story, don't continue to read this. If you want to have an open mind and listen to all opinions, by all means... go ahead.

I think that Bush is an idiot. His policies are very ignorant at times... lately he's been "supporting" the Clean Water Act.. which his father enacted when HE was in office. However, behind closed doors Bush Jr. (daddy's boy) has been saying that he wants to get rid of the CWA... meaning... allow pollution in streams and rivers that support LIFE so he can fucking make money for the country. What's money without life, I ask?

In addition to his stupid policies... the man LOOKS like a monkey. No offense of course, that's just a side thing I wanted to add in.

Although it's been said before, I'd just like to agree that I think Bush is using the war to not look like the complete idiot he is, so that he has a chance for re-election next year. I really don't think he is a good leader, and I am fairly confident when I say that I know he certainly does not represent the views of the common people, which is his JOB, and he is paid (I believe.. please correct me if I am wrong on this, I'd like to know) by the US Citizens' tax money.

To deal with the issue about Saddam, I'd like to point out that "Saddam" is a much cooler name than "Bush". Don't you agree? Also... I don't think that Saddam is really going to hurt us in the near future. I think that there is a POSSIBILITY that Bush realized that he's an idiot (or that the general public... I mean SOME of it... also realized this) and so he provoked the attack on Sept. 11th, which I realize was not done by Saddam, however I think that Bush's administration really tries to push the other countries in the UN around at times... I don't know much about that, so I'll shut up and let you guys enlighten me on that. I am always willing to admit what I don't know, but that also means I'm gonna spend time telling you what I do know also.

All in all, I say "no" to war... and Rob and I actually worked out a serious deal that if we go to war, I will be living at his house. IF my age group gets drafted (I'm 16 now, so that would be at least a two-year war, correct?).
David Wilder

NC Aliens.

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 29 Jan 2003 17:58

I'm dead serious too, if there is a draft come to canada and I'll help find people who don't know many people up here a place to stay. Don't die for someone elses cause.
this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 29 Jan 2003 18:47

can i live with you? we can have a crazy go nuts shred house

we make it seem as if the lives of us citizens are worth more than those from any other country (except maybe like japan cuz they are... i dont know).

the amount of people that died in 9/11 is nothing. that many people die every day (moreso, im not sure) from just starvation for example
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

Hacky_Slacker
Fearless

Post by Hacky_Slacker » 29 Jan 2003 19:42

That place is a hornets nest. were gonna get stung if we fuck with it. I also think that N Korea is gonna be a real threat, maybe MORESO that iraq. If we can have mass weapons, so can they, and yes all life is equal. FUCK THE MILATARY, FUCK Bush's stupid stubbond ass. all he is trying to do is prove that he has a bigger penis than they do. damn ignant bastard. but i respect him has a person, but i SURE AS HELL don't agree with em.

i say it all the time, but i mean it!
PEACE!!!!!!!
Superprofundo on the early eve of your day!
...*sniff* ". . . I miss my cupcake!"

Dustin Camper

madshred2003
Fearless

Post by madshred2003 » 29 Jan 2003 19:58

just think of what it'd be like to be drafted... haha i dunno if i'd be able to high tail it to canada, but i can sure as hell run south of the border! moneray mexico, here i come! :)
i scream you scream we all scream for... footbag?

-Charles Ford. holdin it down in the ATX

dizzy
Multidex Master

Post by dizzy » 29 Jan 2003 21:07

http://www.copvcia.com/

George Bush is a puppet who has no real power.

NotHisRealName
Post Master General

Post by NotHisRealName » 29 Jan 2003 21:52

bigdirtyfoot wrote: Although it's been said before, I'd just like to agree that I think Bush is using the war to not look like the complete idiot he is, so that he has a chance for re-election next year. I really don't think he is a good leader, and I am fairly confident when I say that I know he certainly does not represent the views of the common people, which is his JOB, and he is paid (I believe.. please correct me if I am wrong on this, I'd like to know) by the US Citizens' tax money.
There's only one problem with that comment.
Bush had to be elected in the first place. He never won the election, he was just appointed "Presidency" when the whole electrol system fucked up (with a little help from daddy's friends).
I just hope a greater number of Americans actually come out to vote next time round, and that the people get their way.

Speaking generally - of course, I can't speak for everyone - but , here in Australia, the general attitude toward America is one of disappointment at being the source of alot of the suffering that is going on around the world. It's run by corperate arseholes and biggots.
However (also speaking generally), the American people are wonderful and kind. It's just a culture of fear that they appear to be brought up in.
Comment in the BCS blog if you feel the need to.

Gareth Williams

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 29 Jan 2003 22:14

I don't want to live here anymore. I want to live in nature, near a school, with some footbaggers.

ToeGuiltless
Fearless

Post by ToeGuiltless » 29 Jan 2003 22:49

i'll be moving to Britannia Feb 11th.

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

you are all wrong, sorry

Post by Senor Grommet » 30 Jan 2003 00:06

1st: the statement "But even if Saddam does have biological weapons, what gives the US the right to wage war on him? Iraq offers no serious threat to the US" is WRONG. Dont we think that SADAM contributed to Osama's 9/11 plot? YES. Thus Sadam does offer a threat!!!!!

2nd: the statement: "he certainly does not represent the views of the common people, which is his JOB" is totally false. Bush is our president because he DOESNT represent the common person! The common person, you and I for example, do not have the training, background, and whole world wisdom that Bush supposedly has. He is not supposed to be like the common person; rather he is supposed to be an intelligent decisionmaker, which the common man is not! He is supposed to do what is best for the prosperity of the country.

I dont like Bush either, but he knows more about politics than we do, eh? Lastly, if Iraq has no nukes, then we obviously have no reason to bother them, but if they do, we gotta take em out.

Informed Grommet
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

bazroberts1984
Shredalicious

Post by bazroberts1984 » 30 Jan 2003 02:37

Toeguiltless u comin to the UK?
http://www.footbagger.co.uk - Not my site............but a damn good store!

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Re: you are all wrong, sorry

Post by Jeremy » 30 Jan 2003 03:40

Senor Grommet wrote:1st: the statement "But even if Saddam does have biological weapons, what gives the US the right to wage war on him? Iraq offers no serious threat to the US" is WRONG. Don’t we think that SADAM contributed to Osama's 9/11 plot? YES. Thus Sadam does offer a threat!!!!!

Informed Grommet
That is not an informed comment. Infact it is a very ignorant comment. Do some research into Islam, Osama Bin Ladin and Saddam Hussein.

Bin Ladin is a religious fanatic. He would like to see the whole world under Muslim rule. His demands after September 11 were: For the US to pull troops out of Mecca, For the US to stop sponsoring Israel and for the US to stop supporting dictators in the Middle East. It is quite clear that this last demand was aimed at countries such as Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Saddam is fundamentally opposed to Bin Ladin and they could never be reconciled. Iraq is a secular state (a separation between religion and government). When George Bush claims that there are connections between Iraq and Osama Bin Ladin, he is grossly misrepresenting the facts. There are quite probably Al Qaeda members in Iraq, just as there are in Saudi Arabia, Germany, France, Bali, Canada and the USA. These Al Qaeda members do not have the support of the government. Infact they are opposed to the government.

And remember, the US is a much greater threat to Iraq (and the whole Middle East) then they are to the US. Today at least 5 people were tortured to death in Saudi Arabia with weapons made only for torture bought from the US. Today at least 1000 children under 5 died of a easily curable sickness in Iraq. Today over 40,000 people died of starvation world wide. Today the US spent over $1 billion ($1,000,000,000) on its military, enough money to prevent all the deaths mentioned.

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 30 Jan 2003 14:26

Well I think that the President SHOULD support the views of the common people. I didn't mean that he is supposed to be LIKE the common people, only that he should represent us, with his fucking "vast" knowledge of politics and such.

Anyways. Pacifism may not be a perfect method for the human race, as I agree that agression is programmed into us somewhat, but I believe that at least the governments of the world should practice it. Whatever.. my views will probably turn 180 when I get to be older.
David Wilder

NC Aliens.

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 30 Jan 2003 17:33

we should get to building those genius computers so we can get rid of humans once and for all!!!

Hey chan and rob does everyone in canada leave their doors unlocked? apparently in the movie "bullet for columbine" they went to canada and asked a bunch of people that.
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 30 Jan 2003 17:42

Bowling for Columbine? I dunno about everyone else, we don't lock ours, maybe at night...I don't when I have the house to myself though, no point.

dizzy
Multidex Master

Re: you are all wrong, sorry

Post by dizzy » 30 Jan 2003 17:45

Senor Grommet wrote:I dont like Bush either, but he knows more about politics than we do, eh? Lastly, if Iraq has no nukes, then we obviously have no reason to bother them, but if they do, we gotta take em out.
Informed Grommet
He knows more about politics than we do?? HAHAHAHA - thanks for the good laugh man - I needed that. Talk about self-deprecating. You should get some self esteem brother!

So how are you so informed? Do you watch CNN 24/7? Did mommy tell you so? You'll get a more accurate portrayal of current World news by watching The Simpsons than by watching network television news. They are straight-up LYING to you.

Seriously man. Why do "we gotta take em out"? They have nukes? SO DOES YOUR COUNTRY. So does N. Korea and so do about half the industrialised countries on the planet. Get a grip on reality and step out of your myopically focused, egocentric, brainwashed world and take a breathe of the petroleum polluted air which surrounds you.

Non-violence is the only path to an enlightened global society.

http://www.guerrillanews.com/redux/