Cigarette Smoking In Public: Why You're Opinion Is Wrong

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 13 Sep 2006 03:00

But addiction to "garbage" runs in the human race.
I found something quotable in that.

Who gets to define what is beneficial ?
C'mon, the Government of course! They know everything.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 13 Sep 2006 06:38

gangsta wrote:Tell me something beneficial about Cigarettes.

Despite all previous arguments.....they are GOOD for the environment!

Every human that prematurely dies because of smoking is one less over-polluting entity driving a car and consuming in wasteful ways. 8O
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 13 Sep 2006 07:03

but how much coal is burned to keep factories open so people work more hours, just so they can pay for their families medical bills ?

gangsta
BSOS Beast

Post by gangsta » 13 Sep 2006 16:37

Tsiangkun wrote:but how much coal is burned to keep factories open so people work more hours, just so they can pay for their families medical bills ?
Maybe they could stop smoking cigarettes, so they have more money, and better health :wink:

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 14 Sep 2006 15:21

maybe, but people who quit smoking start eating more, thus creating more fat people.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 14 Sep 2006 15:26

Fat people drive everywhere (because joggings out of the question) and further contribute to global warming. They also fart more (larger rectums) which if we've learned anything from cows, can be very harmful to the environment.

Would anyone agree that fat people are worse for the environment than smokers?
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

gangsta
BSOS Beast

Post by gangsta » 14 Sep 2006 17:24

Tsiangkun wrote: Since you think the government is so good, and so protective, why not
make obesity a crime. Cigarettes cost $8 a day. Lets start monthly
billings of fat people, say $5 per pound they are over the government
mandated weight for their race and sex.
I think it's a good idea.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 14 Sep 2006 21:10

I'm not racist, sexit or ageist (or try not to be)....but hell....I'm a weightist! :lol:
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 15 Sep 2006 11:01

The absurdity of your beliefs are coming to light Gangsta.

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 20 Sep 2006 07:03

There is no excuse for being fat. And no, you can't blame it on family heredity, because if you actually care about yourself, then you can overcome such things. Fat people need to get in more car accidents and die. It's almost embarrassing to look at fat people, let alone having to sometimes sit next to them during movies, or on a bus or something like that.

It's like watching the german unreal tournament kid... watching him makes just about anyone and everyone want to shoot themselves because it's embarrassing to watch...

Fat people are a disturbance to the peace and should be hunted down and be forced to lose weight, or be shot.

Fuckin fatties takin up all our space...

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 20 Sep 2006 19:28

I'm trying to work out if you're joking or not...

I'm going to assume you're serious.

No excuse for being fat? Got any factual basis for that statement or just an opinion? Cause you're wrong. A lot of people are fat because they are lazy and eat crap food, but there are a lot of medical reasons why slimming down can be very difficult. I know someone who has a thyroid problem and there is a certain chemical the thyroid produces that they lack. You can substitute with pills etc but it's never as good as the real thing and even though she exercises a lot and eats really well she still finds weight a big problem. That's just one example, I'll bet there's more.

And if people want to eat crap and not exercise that is their own business, none of yours.

I'm still trying to work out if you're serious or not...

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 20 Sep 2006 20:03

Gangsta and Switch aren't kidding, this is their honest belief. All along everyone's been calling me crazy, and these guys are proposing a fat tax.

gangsta
BSOS Beast

Post by gangsta » 21 Sep 2006 05:53

BainbridgeShred wrote:Gangsta and Switch aren't kidding, this is their honest belief. All along everyone's been calling me crazy, and these guys are proposing a fat tax.
Tsaingkun proposed the fat tax.

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 21 Sep 2006 07:24

Yes, I was serious. There is absolutely no excuse for it.

If your friend is actually eating right, and exercising, then she shouldn't have a problem staying with a decent weight zone. Assuming she's between 16 and 20 years old, and about 5'6'', she shouldn't weight more than 170, and that's a maximume... Even around 150 you shouldn't be wearing any kind of "revealing" clothing, because it's not attractive, at all.

There's just no excuse. The only reason people are obese is because they are lazy. I fucking hate the majority of American citizens. There is no fucking reason at all that you can't get up in the morning and run 2 miles like I do everyday. And if you work in the morning, great, run in the afternoon, or at night. It takes 14 minutes, it's not alot of time out of your day.

Instead of going to McDonald's, make Hamburger Helper. That's not the healthiest thing either, but it's alot better than McDonald's. Eat breakfast damnit. I forgot where I read it but the mojority of people who are obese from overeating, don't eat breakfast and lose the starting energy for their day which would help them be more active during the day.

Anyone have a favorite breakfast? Mines's 2 slices of buttered toast, a bowl of either Cheerios, Golden Grams, or Raisen Brain, a banana if I have them, and either a smalle thing of yogurt, or go-gurt. And that's on a daily basis. I prefer the bacon, eggs, 2 slices of toast, sausage, and either pancakes or french toast on sunday mornings when you have more time to do that. EAT BREAKFAST, it's damn good for you and you have tons of energy in the morning, especially if you're going to school.

Bottom line, there's no excuse except for lack of desire, laziness.

Fat tax sounds good... With all of our American fatassess, we could have our multi trillion dollar debt paid off in a few months... :wink:

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 21 Sep 2006 11:03

Switch Kicker, are you like, 12? I honestly can't come to terms with the fact that you'd be any older because all of your posts carry the trait of a very narrow, childish perspective on life. I'm not even kiding, reading your posts reminds me of listening to to a little kid talk, and a not very intelligent little kid at that.

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 21 Sep 2006 11:48

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 21 Sep 2006 12:41

...because I already posted in the other thread and could care less about peoples smoking habits...

At switch kicker- can you hit a beast? how about 10 fearless? Can you type 200 words a minuet? How about run a 4 min mile?

"Bottom line, there's no excuse except for lack of desire, laziness."

Congradulations on being all skinny, but there is plenty of stuff you don't have the desire to do... and plenty of stuff obese people can do that you can't/won't.

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 21 Sep 2006 12:44

depending on who composed the minuet, I can do 200 words easy