Cigarette Smoking In Public: Why You're Opinion Is Wrong

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 14 Feb 2006 06:55

You're being such a fucking idiot lately Dan.

That is my contribution to this thread.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

dontlikespam
Shredalicious

Post by dontlikespam » 14 Feb 2006 08:01

I just came into this thread to say i could care less about smoker's rights because they don't give a damn about the fact that i'm choking on thier disgusting habit. Personally i'd laugh if smoking was banned nationwide and wipe my ass with the constitution as a celebration. So suck it.,
Eric Campbell

dontlikespam
Shredalicious

Post by dontlikespam » 14 Feb 2006 08:08

BainbridgeShred wrote:The fact is, we have to fight both. Both are forms of Totalitarianism, and both are equally dangerous. The only difference between the two is that one is a more obvious form of Totalitarianism, while the other hides itself by claiming that is for the "well-being of the masses". Then again, I guess the argument for wire-tapping is also that it is for the well-being of the masses. Fuck the masses. The only thing sacred is the individual. When you start worrying about the masses, and trampling the rights of the individual to do so, that is when you run into trouble. Hello Nazi Germany. Hello Soviet Russia. Don't think it's possible? Think again. America could turn into a state run country n the blink of a fucking eye if their are enough people the allow their rights as individuals to be trampled in the name of the masses.

Basically, wire-tapping is just as dangerous as banning smoking.
Dude, you left your tinfoil hat on the fucking bus. Might wanna make another one. Jesus christ you're so far left it's ridiculous. Let me guess, George Bush was behind 9/11...
Eric Campbell

dontlikespam
Shredalicious

Post by dontlikespam » 14 Feb 2006 08:16

The further i read in this thread the more i'm laughing at how much of a dickhead this dude is. NO I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE ALL WRONG. BEING HEALTHY DOES NOT MAKE YOU HAPPY! YOU CAN STILL BE RIDDEN WITH CANCER AND BE HAPPY. Dude, do us a favor and shut the fuck up because you're an obnoxious twit. Your logic is completely flawed and the best part is you think no one else has ANY good points about why smoking is more of a problem than a smoking ban. Good luck with the revolution.
Eric Campbell

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 14 Feb 2006 08:33

If you're going to argue in this thread, actually contribute something. I think that's in the rules, which you can read because they are stickied. The last 4 or 5 comments have been utter nonsense, and it only proves that none of you can validly refute any of my points.

It seems like many smokers justify their polluting habbits by saying that factories, cars, oil tankers etc make a lot more damage than they do. So untill you don't ban THEM, don't ban US.

What a strange mathematical logic that is?
What is strange about that logic? I'm not trying to say that smoking in public is a nice thing to do, all I'm arguing is that it shouldn't be banned by the government. It isn't the government's job to rule on what is nice.
Dude, you left your tinfoil hat on the fucking bus. Might wanna make another one. Jesus christ you're so far left it's ridiculous. Let me guess, George Bush was behind 9/11...
Far left? Hahaha. Do you even know anything about politics? If anything I'm a bit right of center. Then again, I guess idiots like you see things as either Liberal or Conservative these days. Stop trying to pin me down to a political ideology. I'm far too advanced for that.
I just came into this thread to say i could care less about smoker's rights because they don't give a damn about the fact that i'm choking on thier disgusting habit. Personally i'd laugh if smoking was banned nationwide and wipe my ass with the constitution as a celebration. So suck it.,
Congratulations. Thanks for ruining my country.

sniikeri
Lauri Jii

Post by sniikeri » 14 Feb 2006 10:32

So if I say I think the government (the U.S., Finland, any other) should do both, decrease the pollution of industry and smoking, can I have opinions of my own?

You don't need tobacco to live (except if you work in a tobacco company). You don't need the other pollution either but you probably need even some of the things produced in the factories. This makes a difference between smoking and other pollution.
The U.S. government doesn't want to take part in the international protocols that would make it really do something to decrease the pollution. Kyoto protocol (which is pretty much just a piece of paper if the U.S. doesn't accept it) would ruin the economy, they say.
Maybe the economy really would get ruined if the government started to follow the protocol today, but IMO that's not an excuse to do nothing about the situation.

My opinion: smoking should be banned and the industry pollution should be decreased heavily. I realize that there should be a miracle if even the other one happened.
Lauri Jaakkola

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Cigarette Smoking In Public: Why You're Opinion Is Wrong

Post by SandWraith » 14 Feb 2006 11:06

BainbridgeShred wrote:My argument for why smoking should be allowed on city streets is really simple. Since their is no precedent to allow for the government to ban other harmful, cancer causing toxins that pollute the air, their is no legal standpoint on which you can claim that I shouldn't be able to pollute the air with my own cigarette. If the Government really cared about allowing their populace to be safe, while walking on sidewalks for instance, (AKA public property) then indsutrial [sic] pollution would have to be banned as well.
-CFCs were banned.
-radioactive waste is banned for the damage it does to the environment and people

And yes, the government has an obligation to protect individual rights, but even a basic understanding of the Constitution will inform you that individual rights do no supercede the rights of others. If a person wants to do something that may potentially harm someone else, that action is not protected by the Constitution.

Call this a strawman argument, or complete bullshit. You haven't been debating this issue anyways. You just keep saying everyone else is making shit up and that you can't be wrong.
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

dontlikespam
Shredalicious

Re: Cigarette Smoking In Public: Why You're Opinion Is Wrong

Post by dontlikespam » 14 Feb 2006 11:14

Call this a strawman argument, or complete bullshit. You haven't been debating this issue anyways. You just keep saying everyone else is making shit up and that you can't be wrong.
Couldn't have said it any better. Been a long time since i've seen someone so self-important. "I'm far too advanced for that". What a joke.
Not too advanced to think that reducing exposure to cigarettes leads to totalitarianism. :roll:
Eric Campbell

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 14 Feb 2006 13:04

BainbridgeShred wrote:I'm too tipsy to explain now, but if you don't understand what I'm saying say so and I'll tell you tomorrow.
This is the problem with all of your posts ;-)

I don't even know why you start these threads. Is it just because you want to voice your opinions or actually discuss them? It seems very close minded [if you don't see what I mean, check the thread title ;-)]

footjoe
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by footjoe » 14 Feb 2006 13:51

this worlds going to hell anyway , wont matter much if ciggaretts are off the street.

the worlds not gonna be alive to much longer , once there becomes an

anti-christ thats when we know its only a matter of waiting
15 year old Joe Kulacz

dontlikespam
Shredalicious

Post by dontlikespam » 14 Feb 2006 13:58

footjoe wrote:this worlds going to hell anyway , wont matter much if ciggaretts are off the street.

Well ya see... I was *supposed* to be the anti-christ but really... it's just too much work. I'd rather just have fun and mind my own business. Master Satan isn't happy with me anymore, but i think he'll get over it and we'll be on speaking terms eventually. I understand he went to alot of trouble to give me all these powers which come in handy like when i need to light up a blunt or burn someone's face off, but i want to be my own person, living my own life. He'll just have to get over it.
Eric Campbell

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 14 Feb 2006 14:18

footjoe wrote:this worlds going to hell anyway , wont matter much if ciggaretts are off the street.

Are you being serious? That's ridiculous. We weren't put on earth as a test to get into heaven. The earth was perfect. We've fucked it up a bit, but there is potential for it to be good again-it will just take time. And as for the last bit-christians have been waiting for 2000 years, when exactly do you think he's coming?

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 14 Feb 2006 14:33

Tomorrow! 8O
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

footjoe
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by footjoe » 14 Feb 2006 14:38

yah your right , the earth was perfect , until the whole apple shabang and from then on the world is just a burning pit-hole , this is not gods world , sure he created it but its satans, if this was gods world then all this shit going on wouldnt be happening and dying and famine and hookers and everything evil and wicked. The fate of man is in there own hands and if they choose to lust in the fun and pleasure of the world or to follow what jesus did for us by dying on the cross for us and to repent and serve the master , you may think im all crazy but i dont care , I myself have not repented or serve him but that does not mean its not in my mind my family is in a church very similar to the quakers , it is called the freinds of jesus christ , the women where grey long dresses fully clothed and men black suits and long sleeved white button up and hat , i follow what i believe but i have yet had the glory of repenting because the unknown is scary and i am not ready , if you are inerested here is there website

http://www.calledtoholiness.com/
15 year old Joe Kulacz

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 14 Feb 2006 14:49

They should ban cigarettes, because all the non-smokers are ungrateful for the $$$ and services they get from the tobacco taxes.

Every tax dollar that a smoker had to pay, is like being ROBBED by the non-smokers.

Non smokers are thieves, preying on the addicts.

We should have a national "Thank-a-Smoker Day", where elected officials get down on their hands and knees(on national television), and thank God (Yes God!), for the smokers who make their governments' functioning possible.

Then they should thank the smokers for dying early, which allows them to squander all that SS money that wont be collected.

-n
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

-----------------------------------
-nathan

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 14 Feb 2006 15:06

If god had meant for man to smoke... he would have set him on fire. :wink: :twisted:
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 14 Feb 2006 18:39

So if I say I think the government (the U.S., Finland, any other) should do both, decrease the pollution of industry and smoking, can I have opinions of my own?
Sure, if the government wanted to set precedent about air pollution and how to define it, then this would be a much different argument. The only part that leads to Totalitarianism is banning it in privately owned business. That's what a lot of people don't understand about what I'm saying, and they're calling my a nut job for it. I made two very different points, responding to two very different parts of this argument. I'll repeat myself: Whether smoking should be banned in privately owned business should be privately up to the owner. Tell me what is disagreeable about this? None of the stores you go in to are actually necisary in advancing mankind, and thus you don't NEED to go into them if you don't want to. And if you say they are necisary then you most likely don't know what you're actually saying. The cellphone to your ear that is causing you cancer is not actually necisary to man's survival, and neither is a supermarket.
You don't need tobacco to live (except if you work in a tobacco company). You don't need the other pollution either but you probably need even some of the things produced in the factories. This makes a difference between smoking and other pollution.
No, you don't "need" anything produced in a factory. How do you think mankind survived up until the Industrial Revolution. Technology is great, don't get me wrong, but if you believe it is needed by humanity then it could only prove that you're warped and jaded by our modern conviences. Don't worry, I love and enjoy them too, but I realize I don't need them anymore than I need cigarette's.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 14 Feb 2006 21:10

Yeah, I've come to the realization that this thread is pointless (yeah I know it took 2 days, but it was late last night), because you're just educating everyone on why their opinion is wrong. Cool Dan, thanks for letting us know.

Now, if you feel so passionate about this, why don't you start a new thread called "What we can do to stop the Smoking Ban and other Totalitarian Acts by an Opressive, Corrupt Government". The reason is you can't. There's nothing you can do dude. So telling everyone they're wrong, while may be somewhat entertaining for a while, doesn't solve the problem. I told you what the solution is. If you want to save your country, go out there and do what Jefferson said you should do when he founded this place. Until then, you're wasting my time, and yours.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 14 Feb 2006 21:59

Faco
Fearless

Post by Faco » 15 Feb 2006 03:27

Ales Zazaro