Seal hunting, what's the big deal?

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 14 Apr 2006 19:23

Seath wrote:Polar bears are the most carnivorous of all bear species and will eat any meat they can find, including carrion, another use for the seal carcases left to rot on the ice...
and people. we had a fairly significan number of polar bear related deaths in manitoba this year.
A.G.

Hakker
Multidex Master

Post by Hakker » 30 Apr 2006 11:50

BainbridgeShred wrote:What's the big deal? The big deal is that baby animals shouldn't be being brutally killed for profit. Whether or not other animals are being slaughtered for other reasons in other parts of the world, brutally killing baby seals shouldn't be allowed.

Trying to shrug off the cruelty of seal hunting by showing other incidences of animal cruelty doesn't cut it for me, and trying to undermine anti-seal hunting activists because they don't protest other acts of violence against animals is kind of pathetic. Sure what occurs in slaughter houses is just as terrible (If not worse) as what goes on up in Canada, but you shouldn't have to be asking about what big deal is about animal cruelty.
The one time I agree with Feary
|\|3L$0|\| W3$-|-
Five feet of fury!!!
Im back!

krumpage
Hack Fiend

Post by krumpage » 19 May 2006 17:36

are you a dumbass everything affects everything. one extinction will lead into another species overgrowth which will eat and extinct another species. I guess some while ago some people put bull frogs in australia and anyway none of the animals there ate bullfrogs and so they over populated and almost took out another species. i forget the detail ask someone who lives in australia theres plenty lol even though i doubt you will go through the bother

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 19 May 2006 22:05

are you a dumbass everything affects everything
gold.

I think you're talking about cane toads and not bull frogs.

I think the point about this arguement is that people only appreciate the plight of cute animals. I also think that the real question about killing another animal is if that practice is sustainable or not - ie. are seal numbers growing, shrinking or staying the same? If you can give me some evidence that numbers are shrinking I would support the environmentalists.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 22 May 2006 15:11

can you tell me why you would club something like this?

JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 26 May 2006 13:05

HenryG wrote:can you tell me why you would club something like this?

Clubbing that would be illegal, it's too young, the hunters kill the older ones that have shed their white coats so that cute little fluff ball is safe for about 2 or 3 more months.

And I don't know if the everything affecting everything comment was directed at me, but, no I'm not a dumbass, I understand the point you're trying to make. But it's not directly relevant to what I'm trying to discuss.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!