Cunt

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 20 Jun 2006 00:12

This prison bitch will knock your fat ass out.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 20 Jun 2006 01:03

EDIT: Common human philisophical behaviorism.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 20 Jun 2006 08:54

TheVindicator wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulva

Vulva is correct. IMHO, it's what sounds prettiest. Slang imho isn't attractive at all.
Was that a test? Were you insinuating that I did not know what the word "vulva" meant? I did take 8th grade science, dude.

sidekick
Egyptian Footgod

Post by sidekick » 22 Jun 2006 07:54

Moxie wrote: I think it's really funny that this question was asked of the posters on modified, which is mostly made up of young guys. Your answers have been enlightening.
lolz!

Great response Emily, I personaly don't get offended by anything anymore, unless it's severely racist
Nick Landes

Proudly Representing Fourkast Footbag Co.
http://www.fourkast.com

Portland Blog

All the ladies love Matt Cross because Johnny Depp + Footbag = Matt Cross

Mastery is the combination of knowledge and practical experience

rory
Multidex Master

Post by rory » 22 Jun 2006 16:01

women get insulted by being called a cunt because its degrating, and i agree with many of you since it's not used often by many people it tends to have more of an affect. anyways you should respect everybody no matter how much of a cunt they are, so go play footbag and stop arguing over the internet.
Pat Mcgurran
The Ministry of Silly Walks

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 22 Jun 2006 23:16

Just to be clear - lots of people get offended by being called a cunt - I don't think that's in anyway exclusive to women. Obviously the context is important. If I went into a cd shop and asked them if they have the True Live EP and they said "get fucked you cunt" I'd probably be offended but if I asked my friend Garry if he had it and he gave that responce I wouldn't be offended at all because that's how Garry talks.

Also this topic is not asking "Why do women get offended when you call them a cunt or why doesn't the word "cunt" offend you?" - It is asking why are some women offended by the word "cunt". - I don't think I can be clearer than that. I would say from my experience it is undeniable that some women are offended by the word cunt regardless of its context. Why is that? Why are people incapable of understanding what is being debated?

Brad - Sorry for suggesting you were ignorant. I'm a little unsure if you were actually offended or you were trying to make a point about how context of words can be offensive or something. Anyway I will make an effort to come across as less l33test.

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 23 Jun 2006 00:53

Jeremy wrote:Brad - Sorry for suggesting you were ignorant. I'm a little unsure if you were actually offended or you were trying to make a point about how context of words can be offensive or something. Anyway I will make an effort to come across as less l33test.
My comment was geared toward the idea that's it's silly to knock every word out of your vocabulary that offends people. It's the whole reason we have a thing called Political Correctness which is more like Socially Verbal Restriction. All I need to do is say that a word offends me, regardless of the context and I will be pandered to even if it's really stupid.
Old Skool

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 23 Jun 2006 00:57

Splint wrote:My comment was geared toward the idea that's it's silly to knock every word out of your vocabulary that offends people. It's the whole reason we have a thing called Political Correctness which is more like Socially Verbal Restriction. All I need to do is say that a word offends me, regardless of the context and I will be pandered to even if it's really stupid.
If you feel it is an essential part of your vocabulary, continue to use it.
Mike Hansen

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 23 Jun 2006 03:19

I had a girl that got hot if I called her a cunt. It's a hot word. I'd think that it would be worse to be called a cunt if you were a guy, besides that, a cunt is a good place to be.
James McCullough

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 27 Jun 2006 00:52

Women percieve and view the World COMPLETELY different from men. Unless you have a PhD in human psychology, and you've studied women for years, or you're Iron Clad Ben, there's no rhyme or reason of why women do or say things, or feel certain ways.

Even common interaction such as professional communication can be misconstrued by a woman if a man's vibrational tones aren't in sync with her own. Many people would be surprised to know that women often react to these tones rather than the words themselves.

For instance, if you said 'Haha you're such a c##t!', but meant it in a joking way, a woman may even laugh and respond 'And you're an a**hole!' That's an obvious example. But a much more subtle example would be if an office worker asked about an email or something. If the vibrational tones do not match the chemical reaction within a woman's brain, they could take the statement as something harmless and professional, or something threatening, regardless of the other person's intentions, even if it was completely void of innuendo.

There's further explanation of why women react to 'vibes' and vibrational tones much more than men, but that's for another topic. Hopefully this didn't sound sexist, but it's quite apparent that the male and female gender act, behave, and respond completely foreign from each other, and there are biological reasons why.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 28 Jun 2006 22:28

I think you're completely wrong and I think you've presented that in a very sexist manner.

Women do not find the word "cunt" offensive because of the tone of voice you use to say the word. You can't generalise and say "women are like that" - women are completely different. Having a number of hardcore feminist friends - their opinion on the word is as Jay Rose said - women are already oppressed and using "cunt" out of context as a negative word is another way of making it clear what women's place is. A counter arguement is the useage of words like "cock" or "dickhead" - however it's important to realise that men are not oppressed and many women who are offended by the word "cunt" do not use those words either.

But that said - there are plenty of women who are offended by the word "cunt" for other reasons and there are plenty of women who aren't offended at all. As I said before - you can't predict how somebody feels about something based on their gender - there are more than 2 opinions in the world on any issue.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 29 Jun 2006 08:04

it's important to realise that men are not oppressed
Stupid and untrue. Just because men are in the power seat doesn't mean we aren't oppressed in a lot of the same ways that women cry fowl about. It's a two way street.

Women have a lot of traits that I don't like. If a particuliar women has a lot of them, I wouldn't hesitate to call her a cunt.

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 29 Jun 2006 10:25

Jeremy wrote:Women do not find the word "cunt" offensive because of the tone of voice you use to say the word. You can't generalise and say "women are like that" - women are completely different.
Just like you can't make an absolute statement that "women do not find the word cunt offensive because of the tone of voice you use to say a word."

Tone is an extreme part of human communication. I don't think it's all about tone with calling someone a cunt, but tone definitely plays an important role.
Old Skool

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 29 Jun 2006 14:04

Brad's right. Jeremy's post-modernistic logic falls short again.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 29 Jun 2006 19:25

Splint wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Women do not find the word "cunt" offensive because of the tone of voice you use to say the word. You can't generalise and say "women are like that" - women are completely different.
Just like you can't make an absolute statement that "women do not find the word cunt offensive because of the tone of voice you use to say a word."

Tone is an extreme part of human communication. I don't think it's all about tone with calling someone a cunt, but tone definitely plays an important role.
But surely it depents on the person. Sorry, I worded that statement badly. When I say "women do not find the word cunt offensive because of the tone of voice you use to say a word." - What I mean is "women in general". In any event I'm sure you can say anything in a tone of voice that is offensive - but in those cases it's the context that is offensive rather than just the word - I was under the impression this topic is about why women find the word cunt offensive - not why women are offended when you insult them or something else based on context.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 29 Jun 2006 22:36

Jeremy wrote:In any event I'm sure you can say anything in a tone of voice that is offensive - but in those cases it's the context that is offensive rather than just the word - I was under the impression this topic is about why women find the word cunt offensive - not why women are offended when you insult them or something else based on context.
And that was my point. I don't think a lot of women nowdays find any word offensive given the proper context. Women base their reactions mostly around intent, derived in their minds through tonal vibrations that they interpret with specific parts of their brain. And a side point was they often misconstrue meaning even in the most basic of relations because of this form of communicating. I guarantee if you posed the word to most 'with it' girls in this day and age in a funny manner, they would laugh it off and move on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the interaction is still acceptable, I'm only stating the reason for it occuring.

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 30 Jun 2006 08:14

Jeremy wrote:What I mean is "women in general".
Jeremy wrote:You can't generalise and say...

:wink:
Old Skool

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 30 Jun 2006 22:09

What's your point?

The first line was making the point that the second line makes but specifically to the arguement - that seems pretty clear to me...

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 01 Jul 2006 17:52

Speaking as a women, unlike everyone who's is mostly participating in this conversation,

Think to yourself, what is the difference in impact with words like: shit, dick, asshole, loser, dumbass, and especially the word fuck.
Fuck is a much stronger word to use against someone. You can joke around with that word, as some of you are saying you can be joking and say cunt. But with cunt, don't joke with me. And I would say mostly all women too.

Technically, the word is the same as calling someone a male part like dick. But its not. To me its such a harsh word. It has that same impact as fuck, but worst. If you want to be downright ugly, go ahead.
Ashley Danowski

"As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well spent brings happy death."

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 01 Jul 2006 21:30

So, basically every person will be different.

Call person A though person Z word X and Y number of people will get offended.

Damn I just crossed variables.

But "with it" people will get it.