Will and Facility

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Will and Facility

Post by QuantumBalance » 09 Jul 2006 02:22

Heyall.
I haven't done any drugs in a while. Also, its been a long while since I've done any hallucenagenics, but I have been thinking about what its like. I suppose you can say I've been tripping myself out. Today, I was reading a lot of first hand accounts from people doing DMT, and I noticed that it is so interesting that ALL of the accounts that I read have the common theme of speaking to an outside entity. Some of the reports were able to identify a connection between the entity and the body. They all spoke of travelling through multiple dimensions as if walking through curtains, but while not moving in our physical perception (aka baseline). So.. blah blah blah. heres the thought that I have, derived from my reading and my own experiences.

I believe that I am (we are) an entity, a will, operating through the vestle, the vesticle, the facility of my body. When drugs are introduced into my system, or sleep for that matter, my perception changes which allows me to compare what is constant between the perceptive changes, helping me identify what is myself. Now, I know this is flawed logic in a way, because everything that I am feeling and trying to convey to yall right now is limited from within the sphere of my own perceptions... I choose to acknowledge that possibility and just move on. I think that we, at some point, made a choice to become alive... getting to do whatever we want, while surfing the waves of karma and reality, some people are good surfers who can do tricks, while others drown easily. Once we die, I believe we return to the original state.

This allows me to postulate (and choose to draw) a few concusions (though hardly conclusive).

I have no reason to fear death. I have no reason to fear anything. They say that love does not die, only lovers die. So, as long as I am trying my best, I need not fear things that are out of my control. I should welcome sleep and meditation, which I have been fleeing from ... its 6:20 am.. wtf. (although I can cite that PST is 3:20.. still wack). I should not get lost in the reality of the internet. Not that it is bad.. but I would rather experience my own reality, proportionally more.

Well, I guess now I digress. My point is simply to inform you of something that you might not have thought of yet. I believe that I am not all correct in my explanation, but I also believe that I am closer than any of us think to the truth.

I have heard the truth is within all of us.

Well, have a nice day then. Cheers.
-Sam

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 09 Jul 2006 02:26

After rereading this, I just want to add that I think it would make everyones life better to stop right now and realize that one day you are going to die, and that it probably wont happen the way you want it to, but oh well, most of us are adventurists here I think.

I'll see you in the great adventure.

Peace.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 09 Jul 2006 06:46

You should read "Be Here Now"

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 09 Jul 2006 08:02

Okay, author??

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 09 Jul 2006 15:47

Ram Dass

You should also read "2150: A Macro Love Story" by Thea Alexander. It's out of print but you can get it on Amazon.
Old Skool

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 09 Jul 2006 15:52

Ram Dass AKA Richard Alpert. I don't want to explain the book. Just read it.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 09 Jul 2006 16:13

Also, it definitely isn't a book you can find on Amazon, but living in CA, I'm sure it wouldnt be hard to find.

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 09 Jul 2006 20:28

Ok, well I'm not in CA yet. But thanks. And thanks, Splint for the book recomendation. I'll try and check it out.

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 09 Jul 2006 21:47

BainbridgeShred wrote:Also, it definitely isn't a book you can find on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/051754 ... 66?ie=UTF8

AMAZON HAS ALL :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old Skool

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 09 Jul 2006 22:21

Yeah to be honest I'm much more of a believer of Hunter S Thompson's philosophy on drugs than I am of Timothy Leary's or Aldous Huxley's (the people I've read who link drugs with spirituality). I think there are also fairly strong scientific theories about why you have the experiences that you do have on drugs - while there are really no theories based on logic from an objective perspective linking drugs to anything spiritual and it would be fairly accurate to say I prefer logic and reasoning to making things up because they sound like nice ideas.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 10 Jul 2006 08:29

AMAZON HAS ALL :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
lol, my original post read "And it definitely isn't a book you can find on Amazon, but maybe someone will make me look stupid".

You Brad, have made me look stupid.

Also Jeremy, it's really pretty silly of you to think just because their are no "theories" (Lol ghey) about spirirutality and drugs, that their isn't a direct cause behind the visions/encounters. Remember, if we're talking about spirituality we're assuming a higher power, and you always lose to a higher power because they can do all.

Sam, ever done any of the 2CI series? Do you even know what I'm talking of?

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 10 Jul 2006 10:10

I know a friend of mine who had never done DMT, but ate lots of fungus in his life. He recently was talked into trying some DMT while traveling.

(if I was there, iwould have told him it was stupid and he had no need for that chemical shit....go natural)

Man, he said that DMT wiped him out. Sounded like a bad/depressing trip he never should have gone on.

I wont do that shit, there has to be 10 or 12 other poisons that are better for you, and more fun.

-n
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

-----------------------------------
-nathan

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 10 Jul 2006 23:01

BainbridgeShred wrote:Also Jeremy, it's really pretty silly of you to think just because their are no "theories" (Lol ghey) about spirirutality and drugs, that their isn't a direct cause behind the visions/encounters. Remember, if we're talking about spirituality we're assuming a higher power, and you always lose to a higher power because they can do all.
I didn't say that there are no theories - in fact I cited two people (tim leary and Aldous huxley) who both have theories. I just said I don't think their theories are based on logic and reasoning.

There
Their
They're

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 11 Jul 2006 10:08

Thank you for the grammar tips sir.

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 13 Jul 2006 09:11

Jeremy wrote: I didn't say that there are no theories - in fact I cited two people (tim leary and Aldous huxley) who both have theories. I just said I don't think their theories are based on logic and reasoning.
The aims of the Johns Hopkins researchers were simple: to explore the neurological mechanisms and effects of the compound, as well as its potential as a therapeutic agent.

Although psilocybin -- the hallucinogenic agent in the Psilocybe family of mushrooms -- first gained notoriety more than 40 years ago, it has rarely been studied because of the controversy surrounding its use.

This latest finding, which sprang from a rigorously designed trial, moves the hallucinogen's effect closer to the hazy border separating hard science and religious mysticism.

"More than 60 percent of the volunteers reported effects of their psilocybin session that met the criteria for a 'full mystical experience' as measured by well-established psychological scales," said lead researcher Roland Griffiths, a professor in the departments of neuroscience, psychiatry and behavioral biology at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.

What's more, most of the 36 adult participants -- none of whom had taken psilocybin before -- counted their experience while under the influence of the drug as "among the most meaningful and spiritually significant experiences of their lives," Griffiths said. Most said they became better, kinder, happier people in the weeks after the psilocybin session -- a fact corroborated by family and friends.

The researchers also noted no permanent brain damage or negative long-term effects stemming from use of psilocybin.

July 11, Psychopharmacology

You will see theories with logic and reasoning when they make the drugs legal to experiment with in controlled settings.