France bans citizen journalists from reporting violence

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 07 Mar 2007 14:33

By Peter Sayer, IDG News Service

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/03/06 ... /index.php

-n
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

-----------------------------------
-nathan

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 09 Mar 2007 14:36

Ignorance is bliss
bodybuilda

LEGOMAN
Egyptian Footgod

Post by LEGOMAN » 10 Mar 2007 17:46

I wish they would do that in America =( I'm tired of reporters always saying "BLACK KID WAS SHOT IN LA" or "GANG SHOOTING IN NEW YORK"
People that like LEGOMAN - 10
People that hate LEGOMAN - 1000
LEGOMAN´s posts - Priceless

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 12 Mar 2007 10:41

citizenJournalist != reporter

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 12 Mar 2007 11:55

I suspect the reason France is doing this, has almost nothing to do with common street violence being recorded by laughing "accomplices".

The true purpose, or two.... I will reveal in my next post.

Interesting, that in the mention of the L.A. riots, he neglects to mention that the news media edited out the first few minutes of the Rodney King video.

The entire video, shows Mr. King on a drunken/or drugged rampage, fighting with officers, throwing them around like ragdolls.
(ill admit, it has been many years since viewing the whole video, so they might not have been exactly like ragdolls).

At the time, though, I concluded (as would anyone who saw the whole video), beating him with clubs until he didnt get up, was the appropriate course of action.

In that case, the "official" media only showed the portions of the video, they knew would enflame the city into violence.

Many people died, and many buildings were burned down, un-necessarily, because of the "official" media.

-n

-nathan

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 12 Mar 2007 14:26

Surely the defence would have shown the entire video to the jury, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but it was the jury that made the decision of innocent or guilt, not the public or the media. Considering the jury heard the case for many hours, what were they listening to, if the question of innocence and guilt is answered by watching a few minutes of footage? Or is it possible that the legal system in America actually works, and that commenting on cases when you only know a tiny bit of the evidence that was presented to the jury is irresponsible and can only lead to inaccuracies?

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 13 Mar 2007 09:45

It wasnt the jury that rioted and burned, it was the mobs after watching the shortened video after the police officers were acquitted.

Only how the public was swayed by the "official" media reporting/releasing video was what I wanted to focus on.

The manner of reporting the issue contributed to the violence.

The "official", or mainstream/lamestream media loves rampaging violence.

If it burns , it earns.

Sorry , I went off a bit on the L.A. riot tangent.

-----------------
reason #1 why the French dictated the muzzling of citizens:

French government get additional sway over media outlets. They determine, or rank outlets on their "legitimacy".
They can decide what violence may make their leadership look bad, and thus suppress it.

Entrenched establishment media probably loved the decision, and subtly or overtly promoted the new restrictions, because it would gag many competing internet outlets, thus protecting their own sweetheart deal.

It is expanded power and protection for the government-media complex.

note:
I think the American TV media establishment , including Fox news, would love the same restrictions placed on Americans, for the same reasons.

I also think it would only take one minor event, real or staged in America, to bring rights groups, leftists, and a legion of democrats, to demand the same measures in America. I'll detail a potential incident.... next post.

-nathan

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 13 Mar 2007 13:42

[quote="HighDemonslayer"]It wasnt the jury that rioted and burned, it was the mobs after watching the shortened video after the police officers were acquitted.

Only how the public was swayed by the "official" media reporting/releasing video was what I wanted to focus on.

The manner of reporting the issue contributed to the violence.

The "official", or mainstream/lamestream media loves rampaging violence.

If it burns , it earns.

Sorry , I went off a bit on the L.A. riot tangent.

[quote]

You claim that the action taken by the police was the "appropriate course of action," yet the jury, who actually saw all the evidence, including the whole video you've seen, and the testimonies of those involved, and actually know what the laws are, found that it was not the "appropriate course of action" at all. That had nothing to do with the media. It's also vital, I think, in talking about this issue, to be clear that the riots did not start after the edited video was shown by the media, but rather, when an disproportionately white jury found all the police innocent. Your claims are false.

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 16 Mar 2007 09:55

Or is it possible that the legal system in America actually works,
This phrase from your post above, though not quoted in it's entirety, gave me the impression that you thought that the legal system did work in this case. I don't think that was your true belief, but it did raise a question mark.
----------------------------------
Jeremy wrote the following 2:
yet the jury, who actually saw all the evidence, including the whole video you've seen, and the testimonies of those involved, and actually know what the laws are, found that it was not the "appropriate course of action"
I think, in talking about this issue, to be clear that the riots did not start after the edited video was shown by the media, but rather, when an disproportionately white jury found all the police innocent.Your claims are false.
These bold sections seem to contradict each other. Splitting hairs on what the jury believed, as opposed to what they officially concluded, is not the point.

My claims that TV media (and others) love, profit from, and help fuel violence (especially racial conflict) , should be common sense to everyone here.

If there was true peace on Earth... TV news anchors and reporters would take their rightful place in life........ selling handjobs on the street corner.

Stop trying to suggest that media-prostitutes promote peace and happiness.

Next Post:

-a sample incident that will bring calls for censorship and legal penalties for citizen-reporting in America.

-why France really instituted these new controls on citizens.

-n

-nathan