Jenkem

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
ted
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Jenkem

Post by ted » 07 Dec 2007 07:21

Be on the lookout for this new and potentially dangerous drug to hit the streets soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenkem

Theodore Anderson

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 07 Dec 2007 07:51

This sounds like a bad April Fools...

Fermented gas from urine an fecal matter????

edit: Snopes seems to think this rather dubious as well:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/jenkem.asp
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

ted
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ted » 07 Dec 2007 08:01

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a well done hoax.
Theodore Anderson

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 07 Dec 2007 08:16

Hoax?

Surely it's a joke, and not an effort to convince people of any kind of threat at all...

ted
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ted » 07 Dec 2007 08:38

I say that because it was presented seriously on the local news yesterday:
9News wrote:KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Law enforcement authorities have discovered that people are willing to go to great lengths to get high, including a troubling new method that features a frightened toad.

"Toad smoking," which is a substitute for "toad licking," is done by extracting venom from the Sonoran Desert toad of the Colorado River. The toad's venom - which is secreted when the toad gets angry or scared - contains a hallucinogen called bufotenine that can be dried and smoked to produce a buzz.

In October, a Kansas City man was charged with possessing a controlled substance after Clay County authorities determined he possessed a toad with the intent to use its venom to get high.

Clay County Prosecutor Daniel White said possessing the toad is not illegal, but using it to get high off its venom is.

"It is easier to get it, and law enforcement might not immediately know you use it to get high," White said. "It's sort of a New Age way to get high. You convince yourself it is OK because it is something you get naturally from our environment.

"There are a lot of things that are created naturally but they are still not legal," he said.

White said that for years people experimented with "toad licking," and now toad smoking is considered a substitute. To do so, a person heats up the frog's venom to break down its toxins and preserve the hallucinogen, which is dried.

He said some Internet sites feature an instructional video on how to extract the toad's venom.

Police found the toad when they went to a northern Kansas City home to investigate a suspected meth lab. They later arrested David S. Theiss, 21, and charged him with three counts of possession of a controlled substance and one count of possessing drug paraphernalia - the toad.

Theiss also is accused of possessing mescaline, a controlled substance extracted from a cactus.

While smoking toad venom might sound extreme, an even more disturbing method to get high possibly includes sniffing fermented human waste. Vicky Ward, manager of prevention services at Tri-County Mental Health Services in Kansas City, said she has read e-mail warnings about a drug called jenkem.

The drug is made from fermented feces and urine.

"We work with a lot of youths and we ask them whether anyone has tried it and they said no," Ward said. "They (the youths) have heard about it because of the Internet."

Whether people actually use jenkem has not been determined, Ward said, noting that a Web site that investigates urban legends isn't clear on the matter.

"Kids get ideas that later turn out to be unfounded, but you will get some idiots who will try anything," she said.
Theodore Anderson

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 07 Dec 2007 09:05

:lol: @ "butt hash"
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 07 Dec 2007 09:08

it's not a hoax. Jenkem is a regular joke around my house when we can't get weed. It's usually the first alternative mentioned. I want to write a song about it.

I can't believe this is becoming a problem in America. Those kids better buy some breath mints.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 07 Dec 2007 10:58

yeah definately not a joke, we were joking about how lame it was in our apartment complex only later to ready a paper with information about it, and how kids have been caught in Boise schools for doing jenkem :lol:

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 07 Dec 2007 11:17

Henry, you need to make them stop using your picture.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 07 Dec 2007 12:19

:lol:

Zeb - do you have a link to the article? This seems bogus so far...

I keep thinking its just a joke about a general chemistry class or something.

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 07 Dec 2007 12:54

ill see what i can find

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 07 Dec 2007 18:26

I heard about that. How hard is it to get a normal drug?
"Fuck it man, you just gotta do it."

Joe Snyder

Representing FLF (Fort Lauderdale Footbaggers)

http://onlycountria.myminicity.com

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 07 Dec 2007 19:02

not very. you just have to ask the right people.

yeah, im surpised by the amount of HS kids i hear joke about this. i dont know if its true, or not. still, anyone willing to huff shit to get high deserves to be jailed, to keep the general populus from breeding stupidity such as that.

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 07 Dec 2007 19:15

ive never heard about this and it seems completely insane.

if crack heads find out about this... theyll never have to go back to crack! everyone poops and pees.

if this is true, then why dont you get high when you walk in a port-o-potty in the summer? i think its just a way to get people to enhale fecal matter.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 08 Dec 2007 00:46

I heard drugs are most potent when you shove them up your butt. (never tried it) But when the drugs are poo then I guess it gets negated???

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 08 Dec 2007 08:16

Yeah actually I heard that as well, but you need to shove them past a certain point, and some drugs can do you a lot of embarrassing damage if you don't do it right... or some I'm told. :wink:

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 08 Dec 2007 16:52

Why would anybody do this? Better question, who was the first person who believed that this would get you high?!
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 08 Dec 2007 16:58

I bet someone opened up a large pocket of fermented human waste and got blasted in the face with the fumes, and reported a jenkem high afterwards.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

LEGOMAN
Egyptian Footgod

Post by LEGOMAN » 08 Dec 2007 21:44

The kid in that picture is (or was) a user on a website called totse. That drug really isn't a joke at all.
People that like LEGOMAN - 10
People that hate LEGOMAN - 1000
LEGOMAN´s posts - Priceless

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 08 Dec 2007 23:27

I'm going to call bullshit for the simple fact that I think I would've heard about it elsewhere before reading it here. Doesn't seem likely at all.