Eating Disorders

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 02 Oct 2009 20:06

Ive never seen a footbager that looked unhealthy skinny. I got some of the skinnyest legs in footbag/the world LOL but it sure isnt because im dieting.

I did break a femur as a kid by getting dragged by a horse, and spent alot of time in traction and full body casts, but my legs woulda been skinny anyways prolly.

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 21 Oct 2009 14:19

there are many footbaggers whom i would call "unhealthily skinny".
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 21 Oct 2009 15:01

there are many footbaggers whom i would call "unhealthily skinny".
Agreed. But that's what happens when you shred hard a couple times a week. You just gotta be sure to replace your calories and not starve yourself.

There are also just a lot of young folk on here too. Not that doesn't mean you shouldn't be replacing your calories. I was never someone who had a big appetite but I started forcing myself to eat (And only eating until your not hungry anymore, as opposed to eating until your "full") and I was able to gain a lot of good weight. Went from 6'0 165ish to 175 in a bit more than half a year

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 25 Oct 2009 17:33

mhmm. just as an example, if you read my first post, im 6'5" and weigh 175, which is very underweight for my hieght, and used to weigh 165. so i myself am an "unhealthily skinny" footbagger, though it is due to my e.d.
i would list names of others who im sure are underweight, but i dont want to offend anyone or suggest any of them have an eating disorder.

if anyone on this forum does have anorexia or bulimia, and would like someone to talk to, please feel free to PM me, i would love to talk.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 27 Oct 2009 09:49

I have known several friends in life that have suffered from eating disorders including family members.

To this day all have over come their disorders. Most were caused by High School peer pressure.

I myself do not have an eating disorder.

I am 6'1" and my weight has ranged from as large as 240lbs. to as light as 180lbs. I wish I could be around 175lbs. or lighter and this is footbag pressure talking.

I have played for a little over 12 years and can tell you from first hand experience that a good balance of lightness and strength equal a well rounded footbag player.

Being heavy makes it exponentially difficult on the knees. Symposium moves become brutal and multi-dex moves take a lot more energy to pull off. Being light and maintaining strength eases the physical limitations, while being to thin robs you of strength.

I played my best at around 170lbs. and 6-8% body fat. Today I am around 205lbs. and 18% body fat. It is like shredding in a bear costume (Hall of Fame!).

~peace
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

bryan732
Shredalicious

Post by bryan732 » 12 Jan 2010 12:31

lol how does footbag pressure you to be skinny? im fat and i still kick it up. besides i love being big cause no one in there right mind would mess with you.
Footbag... A Lifetime Of Training For Just 10 Seconds. Because You Always Need To Thrive To Be Better Than What You Already Are.

bryans footbag log :arrow: http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=21014

Bryan Szablewski :footbag:

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 25 Jan 2010 01:52

footbag can motivate to be healthy. if I put on 10 lbs of muscle and lose 20 of fat id be stoked. on many other forums there would be a diet section. What does everyone eat? I am pure carnivore with some cheese and potatoes mixed in. Fruit smoothies are good too. Im getting up to the age where I really have to start changing habits...
What do all you top shredders eat?

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 25 Jan 2010 01:57

The reason why i said no unhealthy skinny players is because they seem to shred like an elite athlete to me. Its like calling an ethiopian unhealthy skinny right after he wins a marathon...

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 25 Jan 2010 02:07

Jon, maybe discussing players' eating habits deserves its own topic, rather than 'hijacking' the eating disorder topic? It's an interesting subject which I'd like to participate in but I don't want to help digress this important discussion.
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 25 Jan 2010 02:22

yeah I guess i missed the original topic- I do have my own version of eating disorder though. I seem to get all my calories via beer. :roll:
I eat like once a day with like a samich or chipotle and get by. I know its not healthy but I just am not hungry often. This diet and my lazyness are killing me though- im getting fat yet im still skinny- a horrible combination...

Pinkus
Shredalicious

Post by Pinkus » 19 Apr 2011 20:07

I've had an eating disorder recently that involved eating meat with added hormones. Just about every American has this disorder, unless they specifically watch out for it in every food.

Since I started eating untreated foods I feel stronger, more energetic, easier time keeping at ideal BMI, no more man-boobs (kidding), and more alert.

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 02 May 2011 09:16

Pinkus wrote:no more man-boobs (kidding)
Good to hear you've still got the rack.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 24 May 2011 12:38

Update:

I'm now 168 lbs. and 10% body fat... I have never felt or shredded better in my life!

:wink: