Did German possessed extraterrestrials knowledge WWII?

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
ThisIsFate
Multidex Master

Did German possessed extraterrestrials knowledge WWII?

Post by ThisIsFate » 01 Oct 2011 15:05

Ancient Aliens Season 2 Episode 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdNzs-P_yUY

I have finished Season One and Two of Ancient Aliens series, and I found this episode the most interesting one. Season one was the best and season two is kind repeating, nevertheless Ancient Aliens series are gold :D.
kungho

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Nov 2011 10:43

Yeah, Science Fiction is a great genre.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 03 Nov 2011 14:54

before even watching this video, I can answer the question posed by this topic as a definite yes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a dumb fathead who eats rocks.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 03 Nov 2011 18:25

It can't have been very helpful knowledge. Or did the Allies have better extraterrestrial knowledge?

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 03 Nov 2011 18:36

Maybe the aliens had a Prime Directive and couldn't help too much.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 03 Nov 2011 19:24

Wait, are you suggesting Captain Kirk is a Nazi?

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 03 Nov 2011 21:19

Jeremy wrote:Wait, are you suggesting Captain Kirk is a Nazi?
Not at all. Merely pointing out that it would make sense that advanced space fairing cultures would develop a similar policy to the Prime Directive. I think in the case of the Aliens that assisted Nazi Germany, they were more like meddlers. They go around and give one side just enough technology/knowledge/whatever to get things really going, but that is all their policy will allow. Then they must sit back and watch like we might watch an ant farm to see how things turn out.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 04 Nov 2011 04:12

It is interesting to talk about common sense in a topic about how the Nazi's had knowledge of aliens during world war 2.

On the other, hand to take your point seriously, I tend to think that the "prime directive" view is more of an explanation for why aliens haven't made contact, based on the assumption that they actually exist.

Imagine that we find an intelligent civilisation living in Uranus tomorrow, that have an advanced society, but lack the technology to be able to see us. Would we try to send them some kind of communication, or would we just observe them? I'm sure we'd send them a communication. In fact we've already sent out plenty of messages, and we haven't even found the aliens yet (except for the Nazi knowledge).

When you look at human history of exploring the Earth, it hasn't been one of finding civilisations, and then just observing them. And when you think of the cost and effort involved in space exploration, surely you would do more than observe when you found something. Or is this alien race advanced enough for intergalactic travel, but unable to harness nuclear power to make the elements they need for resources, and they're just on mining missions?

Either way, the "meddling" explanation seems like the least like and least reasonable approach for a highly advanced and intelligent bunch of aliens to actually take.

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 04 Nov 2011 16:06

Jeremy wrote:Imagine that we find an intelligent civilisation living in Uranus tomorrow
Obligatory giggle.

I think you guys are missing the point. These were German possessed aliens - aliens possessed by the spirits of Germans. We can all agree on that. But did they knowledge WWII? And how did they knowledge it?