The top ten reasons to vote for BUSH. (mudslinging)

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

The top ten reasons to vote for BUSH. (mudslinging)

Post by QuantumBalance » 15 Jan 2004 23:35

Post a reason to vote for Bush in this thread. To post anti Brush reasons click here. Do not post without a reason. Threads will be defragmented by the moderators. (moderators?) Also, number your reasons and only post if you plan to vote.

Later, we vote.

1. I really can't think of any.
(This is not actually anti Bush, and therefor cannot be moved.)

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 16 Jan 2004 00:54

1. Although I don't like the guy personally, he may, JUST MAY, be able to do something in the middle east. I want our troops out of there just as bad as the next guy, but if something good is happening there (I doubt it honestly), I want the same guy to see it though. The only reason is because he knows how he wants to do it, and that person can. THis is giving him the benefit of a doubt though.

please, keep this to a list, with minimal commentary, unless it's for our president.
John D

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 16 Jan 2004 03:19

1. He makes me laugh occasionally. (although not when he's trying to be funny)

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 16 Jan 2004 05:53

1. Hes not a hippie who will disband the military and then we will all DIE

2. When I was talking to my dad about the bad economy he just said "Seems pretty bad doesnt it (sarcastic)?". Hes right, I have not noticed any change in the economy personally so... thats unimportant to me.
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 16 Jan 2004 09:24

Government opperating without the checks and balances in place is moving us towards the revolution much faster than we could get there with a reasonable man in office.

BUSH -Owell 2004 !!!

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 16 Jan 2004 15:38

1.) Hilary is not running.

2.) The next best democratic candidate is just a pin cushion for the other democratic candidates.

3.) No democratcs have offered any kind of agenda at all!!!

4.) The tyrant Master-bastard is gone. (aka Sadamn Hussein)

5.) Democrats are too soft on UN issues.

6.) The right has it RIGHT.

7.) Saving everyone, hurts everyone else.

8.) The tax benefits I received under BUSH actually helped my family.

9.) The capital gains tax relief under BUSH also helped my family.

10.) Adultery is a crime against GOD. Go Bush!!!
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Jan 2004 23:38

Matt wrote:
2. When I was talking to my dad about the bad economy he just said "Seems pretty bad doesnt it (sarcastic)?". Hes right, I have not noticed any change in the economy personally so... thats unimportant to me.
If you were living in Germany in the 30s and 40s, and somebody said to you: `Hitler is killing jews, gypsys, and homosexuals and taking over other countries,` assuming you werent jewish, a gypsy, or homosexual, would your answer be: `so what? It`s not affecting me personally, so its unimportant to me.`?

This is an honest question, not a rhetorical one.

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 22 Jan 2004 14:39

thats what I would say if I was german and Hitler promised us a better life, why wouldnt I. Everyone is a hypocrit
-Aldous Huxley

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 22 Jan 2004 15:49

only the extreme ends of the economic scale feel change. The middle class is just a buffer between the two.
John D

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 23 Jan 2004 10:26

C-fan's question reminded me of the end of that famous quote:

"<....> but when they finally came for me, there was nobody left to speak out."

You have to admit there is a big difference between voting with your wallet, and doing nothing while boxcars are being loaded with "undesirables" on the way to the "re-education" camps.

(edit): I forgot, sending Jews to their deaths was good for German wallets.
-n
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

-----------------------------------
-nathan

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 23 Jan 2004 11:54

They were used as scapegoats, just as the terrorists are scapegoats (to a degree, they are bad.) now. He Bush wanted an excuse to go into Iraq, and he had one. The Price of Loyalty by Paul O'Neill mentions that while O'Neill was in meetings with the president, he was just itching for ways to get into Iraq and get Saddam. In essence, finishing what daddy started.
John D

canadian girl
Shredalicious

Post by canadian girl » 01 Apr 2004 13:40

I think that it is very important to stand up for people's human rights no matter how it may benefit you. I COMPLETELY disagree with what Matt said regarding not caring about what happened to Jews, homosexuals, mentally handicapped, gypsies etc.. being sent to concentration camps. OKay, I am going to try to organize this.

Everyone has a social and human responsibility.
I mean, although it is on a completely different scale, if a man was beating a woman to a pulp in a parking lot, could you really justify just walking by??? Not saying anything?? And if you didn't want to get hurt, then you could really live with yourself if you didn't call the police? I mean, same thing!!!
I don't think anyone with a moral conscience should really have been able to sit back and allow the Nazis to do what they did, if they knew that there was mass genocide and the plan to eliminate an entire race.

Because PEOPLE are all PEOPLE, and because every person deserves EQUAL TREATMENT. This stands as my opinion regarding all of these topics, they way the Nazis treated the Jews, the way Bush is treating the people in Iraq, the way Canadians treated the Aboriginals, and anyone else that imperialized and mistreated the aboriginals of that country, everything. EVERYONE deserves to be treated equally, no matter what. Period. And, THAT"S why, as a response to Matt's about accepting the Nazi policies.

Shredxor
BSOS Beast

Post by Shredxor » 01 Apr 2004 15:08

AMEN! that was so true if you have never been to the holocaust museum you would not think nazism is such a great thing after seeing how Hitler treated people. It doesnt matter what or who you are it's not right to kill anyone! So i also agree with matt's post on nazism...
~Ricky~
Ricky Holton

canadian girl
Shredalicious

Post by canadian girl » 01 Apr 2004 15:28

ummm, Matt's??? He said that he wouldn't have said anything about Hitler killing people..... He didn't seem to care about the events of the holocaust... :?

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 01 Apr 2004 15:30

canadian girl wrote: Everyone has a social and human responsibility.
I mean, although it is on a completely different scale, if a man was beating a woman to a pulp in a parking lot, could you really justify just walking by??? Not saying anything?? And if you didn't want to get hurt, then you could really live with yourself if you didn't call the police? I mean, same thing!!!
I don't think anyone with a moral conscience should really have been able to sit back and allow the Nazis to do what they did, if they knew that there was mass genocide and the plan to eliminate an entire race.

Because PEOPLE are all PEOPLE, and because every person deserves EQUAL TREATMENT. This stands as my opinion regarding all of these topics, they way the Nazis treated the Jews, the way Bush is treating the people in Iraq, the way Canadians treated the Aboriginals, and anyone else that imperialized and mistreated the aboriginals of that country, everything. EVERYONE deserves to be treated equally, no matter what. Period. And, THAT"S why, as a response to Matt's about accepting the Nazi policies.

so does that not apply to the democrats who think it wouldve been a better idea to mind our own business and let saddam kill however many people every month instead of taking him out of power?

I think it is hard to have discussions with most people because what you see on tv is not fair, it is almost all left sided. Im one of like 3 republicans in my school. Same with Iowa City
-Aldous Huxley

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 01 Apr 2004 15:48

Matt wrote: I think it is hard to have discussions with most people because what you see on tv is not fair, it is almost all left sided. Im one of like 3 republicans in my school. Same with Iowa City

TV is not left sided.

--Tsiangkun

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 01 Apr 2004 16:25

where do you live?
-Aldous Huxley

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 01 Apr 2004 16:37

Oakland, CA

I don't think it matters where you live, the same 3 business controll the content for the entire country anyway :D

I wish there was a left wing television station

"Good Evening America, I'm Hariet Orkestren. In Today's news, President Bush has signed a bill to reduces taxes for his 5 richest whitest friends while 600,000 americans won't have a place to sleep tonight. Another strike for the citizens in this ball game of life eh bill ? "

Yes Hariet, We sure do have to wonder about a man that has spent 85 billion dollars on a war based on fabrications, lies and half truths. It's easier to find a parking spot in front of your home in the city than it is to find consistency in this administration."

"Indeed Bill, that could have been a $140,000 for each and every homeless person in the country. We could turn our entire homeless population into Bachelor degree holding citizens with that much cash, including room and board "

"But Hariet, the tax payers won't pay for those types of programs "

"They already have, it's just this leader who has chosen to allocate the funds to creating destruction around the world. "

"You don't supposed that if we used our billions to alleviate suffering and help these countries that we might be able to remove the cause of terrorism ? "

" <Sarcasm++> I don't think so Bill there is just no way of reasoning with people who hate freedom and democracy </sarcasm> "

"HA HA indeed. Now lets send this back to Allysia with more coverage of the relationship between Bush, Cheney, Lay, and Reagan "

--Tsiangkun

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 01 Apr 2004 17:19

"Bush is an idiot"

"Bush is an idiot"

"i dont like kerry, i just want Bush out of office"

"Bush is an idiot"

EDIT "Republicans are stupid"

it gets old

my next question I hear Democrats say they are against war, and then at the same time say we should be attacking North Korea instead of Iraq. I like how Republicans just say what they want to say.
-Aldous Huxley

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 01 Apr 2004 17:34

Matt wrote: so does that not apply to the democrats who think it wouldve been a better idea to mind our own business and let saddam kill however many people every month instead of taking him out of power?
Did you just compare the Democrats with Hitler and the Nazis? 8O

Do you always see issues such as Iraq in black and white? We can go to war and kill over 9000 civillians or we can do nothing. Are those the only options that you can see in Iraq?

I think the democrats are saying that if they were going to attack anyone, it would be North Korea, rather than Iraq. Which in my opinion is a stupid debate to get into - I am certain that they are not going to attack North Korea. Sad as it is - Having nuclear weapons does succeed in stopping other nations from invading your country.