Affirmative Action

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.

Affirmative Action

good
50%
bad
50%

Total votes: 18

innersmile
Multidex Master

Post by innersmile » 14 Jul 2004 01:35

Hey,
I live in South Africa... so I know first hand the impacts of apparthied and Affirmative Action. They are both BULLSHIT!!!

But AA is under fire here. Basically what happens in shitty 3rd world countries like mine is that the people taking the AA positions are not qualified to be there and just get paid a whack load for their skin colour while some smart guy under them does all the work. The adds in the classifieds are so blatantly AA as well eg " Brand manger for big cosmetic firm. AA"

It's fucking crap and throwing SA further down the hole we have dug ourselves. Most qualified people I know have or are leaving the country because of this shit and next year I will do the same and move to the US (prob Florida somewhere). IT'S 2004 FOR FUCK SAKES AND WE STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN OVER THE 'RACE' ISSUE! How can we possibly advance?Humanity is shit to be part of sometimes.

Sorry, this topic struck a nerve...
Greg

Have love; will travel

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 16 Jul 2004 00:52

You in South Africa huh? I heard they kill white people just for being white, and steal their land, does that happen?

Are people leaving so they wont be killed?

-n
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

-----------------------------------
-nathan

kaos
Fearless

Post by kaos » 16 Jul 2004 01:02

You probably confusing Zimbabwe with South Africa. South Africa is not nearly that bad, purely racial motivated murders are these days the exeption, rather than the norm. Our goverment also doesn't have the same land-reform policies that you'll find in Zimbabwe and Namibia.

I've never heard of people leaving so that they won't be killed. If that is the case, those people are hyper paranoid, and should try to smoke a little less. They usually leave for economic reasons.
Kobus Brümmer

"On résiste à l'invasion des armées; on ne résiste pas à l'invasion des idées" - Victor Hugo

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 16 Jul 2004 09:09

I know a girl who came from south africa. Both of her parents were doctors and they were barely making any money at all.
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

kaos
Fearless

Post by kaos » 16 Jul 2004 09:16

Matt wrote: I know a girl who came from south africa.
Then you must know my roommate. He also knows a girl that comes from South Africa...
Kobus Brümmer

"On résiste à l'invasion des armées; on ne résiste pas à l'invasion des idées" - Victor Hugo

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 16 Jul 2004 12:22

Yeah Zimbabwawe, that's what I was thinking of .
I read that prez. Mugabe is real popular in South Africa, so I thought maybe they might bring their "successful" land strategy to a town near you.

-n
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

-----------------------------------
-nathan