Are the footbag forums useless?

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 28 Jun 2004 08:54

I completely depend on these forums for my sanity. I am completely shut off from the footbag world otherwise.

Getting to talk to all these great people daily makes me feel way less footbaglonely.

Why, just yesterday Cole and I had a webcam session from opposite sides of the world. How fucking sweet is that? I have had more sessions with this dude ive never met from nova scotia than I have with any human I know in real life. .. whoa.. i just realised that!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 28 Jun 2004 09:08

yeah I think the forums are excellent. I think the main thing the forums do is connect you with people with the same interests, and that can only be a postive thing (in general - nothing about the sport). They are also very helpfull for new players. I think in regards to the many debates that circulate, they don't really achieve much. I think I will probably always give planted pdx whirl 4 adds regardless of how many people disagree with me, and I doubt my opinion on the matter is that important in regards to the future of the sport. But it's still fun debate.

I guess that's the main point of the forums - to have fun and to make friends - and in my opinion they've been very successful! :D

Flippin It
Shredaholic

Post by Flippin It » 05 Jul 2004 09:15

They are only useless,
if you spend more time here..
Spouting off, than outside kicking...

Like you should be... My two cents..

Later
J. Felix
~From the Circling Skies~

mouseman
Shredaholic

Post by mouseman » 24 Jul 2004 04:09

flaming is fun.

420FootBager
Multidex Master

Post by 420FootBager » 24 Jul 2004 09:28

I've gotten alot of help here and also hours of entertainment. This site rules.
Gus P.-- Get'um up against the wall

Who let all this riff raff into the room
There's one smoking a joint and
Another with spots
If I had my way I'd have all of you shot

richardabshire
Fearless

Post by richardabshire » 25 Jul 2004 09:40

The one thing to keep in mind about all of these forums is that noone is forcing anybody to take part. This is a voluntary act of participation and if it is consider useless, then don't get involved in the action. I remember a time where the only way to talk with alot of other players was to go to a comp. Now we can talk to anyone around the world and stay current on the global scene as well as giving instruction to new players and seeing up to date footage without leaving the house. So much has changed in the past ten years and all of these forums have a direct link to that success. We need this and always will. Growth for footbag depends on the sharing of ideas and pushing the limits. For all who don't agree about the need for forums, great, and for those who do, I will chat with you later. Nothing good will come out of chopping our heads off to spite our face. Hope this helps,Richie

innersmile
Multidex Master

Post by innersmile » 26 Jul 2004 00:01

forums are fun. they help pass the days during slow time at work, i read more about stuff i enjoy, i post trivial thoughts etc...

some people, as with all things take it too far...
Greg

Have love; will travel