Right Wing Reading Material

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
Colin
Flower Child

Right Wing Reading Material

Post by Colin » 13 Jul 2004 20:41

Ahoy there, right-wingers. As a disclaimer, let me say that I'm not a political person. Although most people would call me a 'leftist', I do not protest, and I very rarely debate. In fact, up untill this most recent (Canadian) election, I didn't even vote. What I DO do is try my best to keep an open mind, and my underlying personal phylosophy is to try and leave each trail I walk a little better for the next person who might walk it, whoever they may be. Do unto others, and all that jazz.

That all said, I don't understand you folks in the least, so I've decided that it would be a good exercise in both-sidedness (which is one thing we ALL agree on here) to have one of the hard right posters on the boards pick out some of my summer reading material.

I'm calling on the likes of FlexThis, Matt, and the fellow with Lenny from the Simpson's as his avatar (with such a distinct and long-standing avatar, why bother trying to remember someone's name? ) to help me out here. I'd like each of you to feel free to pick out a book for me for the summer. Others are welcome to contribute as well, of course.

Thanks in anvance.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 13 Jul 2004 20:49

Mein Kampf! The Bible (both testaments)

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 13 Jul 2004 20:58

I have to say Jeremy, I'm not sure you qualify as one of the boards hard right. Maybe a little right leaning, but definately not extreme.

(now THAT's sarcasm)
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

sPinko-Mania
Multidex Master

Post by sPinko-Mania » 13 Jul 2004 21:17

Jeremy :?:

Hey Newf, The Conservative Mind: From Burke to Eliot by Russell Kirk is a book that I haven't read all the way through, but seems to be an overview of conservative thought if that's what you're after. But really, it's hard to look for just a book on 'conservative thought', I think your best bet is to pick a particular issue and then look at it from both sides, issue by issue since. No one book is going to have much standalone legitimacy about the whole spectrum of all the issues.
Ben Spink McCarthy
They say God lives inside us. If this is true, I hope he likes salmonella. Because that's what he's getting.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 13 Jul 2004 21:24

Newf wrote:I have to say Jeremy, I'm not sure you qualify as one of the boards hard right.
What!? I'm the most right wing person here you [insert racist, sexist insult here] and with God on my side, I will accumulate all the money in the world and everybody else can starve. ahahahaaa.

I just thought those two books are crucial to understanding two of the biggest right wing movements in world history - The Nazi's and the Religious Right. I don't know what books the capitilist right - most of the right on this forum - read.

American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis is an excellent book about Right Wing people - but I doubt they would appreciate it as much as I did.

sPinko-Mania
Multidex Master

Post by sPinko-Mania » 13 Jul 2004 21:25

This is why we need to have the edit function, at least for 10 minutes after a post. Could a mod change that to [/url] please?
Ben Spink McCarthy
They say God lives inside us. If this is true, I hope he likes salmonella. Because that's what he's getting.

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 13 Jul 2004 21:37

To be more precise, that's actually why we have to use the preview button.

That seems like a suitable selection, Spinko. I'll pick it up tomorrow. Thanks.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 14 Jul 2004 00:52

am I a radical rightist? heh refer to me manifesto

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846

idk anything about it

Jeremy wrote:What!? I'm the most right wing person here you [insert racist, sexist insult here] and with God on my side, I will accumulate all the money in the world and everybody else can starve. ahahahaaa.
RAAARR im the most left wing person here you big george bush is stupid. With Allah on my side we will destroy EVIL AMERICA. Oh wait... I live here and I enjoy the bounties of capitalism mmmmmmm fooooooooood. Why am I complaining? WHO KNOWS DOWNT WITH EVIL DOERS - AMERICAAAAAAAAAAANS ARE DUMB
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 14 Jul 2004 01:00

Hey man, I got a fucking name!
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

-----------------------------------
-nathan

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 14 Jul 2004 07:41

To be honest with you, I have not been inpsired by any reading material on the subject. My views come from experiences in corporate life, my upbringing with a LEFTIST POOR WHITE TRASH FAMILY, and my willingness to break the cycle that is keeping my family down.

My sisters (2 of them) and my mother have all been on the SYSTEM. It sucks. They blaim the government for their woes and depend on the system to keep them a float.

I on the otherhand, as well as, my father, have broken that cycle and perpetuate a more conservative view in order to provide for our NEW families the needs and wants they desire. I provide for my family. I do not depend on anyone other than myself to accomplish this task. I provide my own money, healthcare, dental, eye, and so forth. I live by the law of the land and take advantage of opportunities as they arrise, while at the same time avoiding traps that many conservatives fall into. These traps include Land grabbing, money laundering, mob ties, bribery, and so on...

I feel that I have the RIGHT to follow the law and CAPITALIZE as I see fit to maintain a HAPPY and HEALTHY family. When those expectations are fulfilled, meaning that all immediate goals are statisfied, then I will look to lend a hand to help my fellow American regardless of their political affiliation.

It is my hope that others will start taking responsibility for their own actions and help themselves. It is also my hope that those who have exceeded expectation will lend a hand to help others that can not otherwise help themselves (senors, children, disabled).

I do not see it as a fair playing ground. It has never been fair. There is always going to be corruption on both sides of the field. My goal is to stay clear of corruption and make a path that suits me and my immediate family first. Then help those who need it the most.

If you want a good book that has inspired me to accomplish these goals, check out RICH DAD, POOR DAD by Robert Kiasaki. It tells the story of 2 dads and how they view the same problems in life from differing points of view. One dad is a scholar with accolades and good intentions, while the other is a self taught millionaire.

I think you will be surprised to know that not all conservatives are GW BUSH and that we do indeed have good intentions that are not always clear cut.
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 14 Jul 2004 14:11

thats the best post ive ever seen you make damon. It makes way too much sense.

conservatives arent all bad
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

420FootBager
Multidex Master

Post by 420FootBager » 15 Jul 2004 05:01

In case you haven't noticed I am VERY far right and very opinionated & so is this book!

The Enemy Within, by Michael Savage

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 4?v=glance

I guarantee it will change your mind on certain things.
Gus P.-- Get'um up against the wall

Who let all this riff raff into the room
There's one smoking a joint and
Another with spots
If I had my way I'd have all of you shot

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 16 Jul 2004 00:46

"Art of War" by Sun Tzu. especially the secret agent section.

-n
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

-----------------------------------
-nathan