Smoke?

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.

How often do you smoke weed?

Never
50%
Only at footbag tournaments/jams
2%
Only at footbag tournaments/jams
2%
Once in a while (A few times a month)
15%
Frequently (A few times a week)
11%
Always (Most everyday, at least once a day)
19%

Total votes: 252

Sidi||TOFU
Shredalicious

Post by Sidi||TOFU » 15 Oct 2005 11:27

I won't lie, its nice to know I can walk down the street in Canada smoking a joint without people giving harsh looks. Well at least in Ottawa :) And hotboxing the bus on Canada Day even though it wasn't me, i let it be.
Riaz Sidi -- This post was brought to you by the good folks at TOFU: The Ottawa Footbaggers United

NotHisRealName
Post Master General

Post by NotHisRealName » 15 Oct 2005 13:31

Well, looking at the results of the poll, it's pretty clear that it's about equal to those who smoke weed and those who don't.
Now we know.
Comment in the BCS blog if you feel the need to.

Gareth Williams

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 26 Oct 2005 11:12

That's wild that you can smoke in public in Canada.
HenryG wrote:i wish so many footbaggers didnt smoke, so then we could get rid of the
hippy image..

it seems to be that that is the #1 reason people dont take this sport seriously
Yeah, I agree with you about the fact that a lot of people think it's a stoner/slacker thing to do. It's ironic that they don't realize it's probably one of the toughest and most demanding sports out there!

It's the same as skateboarding in the 80s. It was always this rebellious 'punk' thing to do, and only criminals were doing it. Thanks to the Dogtown boys, or whatever happened (Apologies, I need to read up on the history that went down), it's now a widely accepted form of leisure and alternative sport, and they have skate shops and parks all over the country.

I can't agree with you that people shouldn't smoke pot. It's their choice, and it shouldn't be something that prohibits them from enjoying the sport. I mean, as long as people are discreet I guess. Plus, I think that people mainly get that image from the old Grateful Dead shows, and their college days, and stuff like that. Cuz they used to be hippies too!

The key is for us to introduce the sport to as many young people as possible, in a positive way, so that they and their parents can discover that footbag is about focus, exercise, intellect, and having fun! Not smoking pot and just slacking off. I think the image is starting to get better, and I've heard that in other countries it's already that way.

Let's do our part to make this happen! :D
Last edited by shredzilla on 26 Oct 2005 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Paul Agostinelli
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Paul Agostinelli » 26 Oct 2005 11:15

smoke is definately a sweet trick, one of my favorites that i can actually hit. i love watching it mid string too, and chris dean hits it bsos all the time, so im fortunate in seeing it a lot.

~NEL~
Precisely Mos Eisley

carl winslow
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by carl winslow » 02 Nov 2005 23:23

weed is now legal in Denver! (I think its decriminalized) I think i heard you can posess o few grams legaly if your over 21.
Reginald VelJohnson

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 03 Nov 2005 20:00

Decriminalized isnt legal, it means you get a ticket and fine instead of potential jail and criminal record for less than an ounce. I saw on tv about about that issue and the colorado officials were saying it didnt matter because the prosecutors already didnt care and were offering good plea bargains anyway.

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 03 Nov 2005 20:35

carl winslow wrote:weed is now legal in Denver! (I think its decriminalized) I think i heard you can posess o few grams legaly if your over 21.
In Denver, but it's still illegal under state and federal laws, which is what they prosecute you under anyway.
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 04 Nov 2005 11:02

From what i understood, the city police were going to stop enforcing the law. This would mean that there would never be a case against you that could even make it to a state court.

Just like Canada! :D :lol:
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

carl winslow
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by carl winslow » 04 Nov 2005 11:45

they should stop enforcing a lot of minor crimes so the cops can spend time on enforcing major crimes that actually matter.
Reginald VelJohnson

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 04 Nov 2005 13:03

Yeah, like busting balls for sleeping in one's vehicle.
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 20 Apr 2006 20:16

this thread made me lol

Troyson
Fearless

Post by Troyson » 21 Apr 2006 10:49

i really hate how pot is illegal, its so fucking stupid....

i was just watching cops, and 3 arrests in a row were made on people doing nothing wrong except tryin to get a lil high and pass the time. Its really pathetic how some cops will arrest people for scraps of pot they find on the floormats and such. Those people werent doing anything wrong, and their lives are sometimes ruined because of it.

People smoking pot arent the ones commiting most crimes, theyr too lazy. IMO i would never go rob a bank or kill someone or commit a felony while i am high, it takes too much effort, and then u gotta run away after...THAT SHIT KILLS UR HIGH!!

idk...im just venting right now, it really pisses me off to see innocent people get put in jail for smoking a lil pot while people are getting away with robberies and murder...so sad :cry:

funklovesfootbag
Womanizer

Post by funklovesfootbag » 21 Apr 2006 11:23

People smoking pot arent the ones commiting most crimes, theyr too lazy
It's true. haha, Nobody does anything harmful except maybe buy a box of girlscout cookies. And it's a complete waste of time/money trying to "fight the war on drugs." People have been getting high for thousands of years, pigs will never stop it. :D
Fletcher Funk...

*Retired From Stitching*
(and basically freestyle.)

sniper4life
Multidex Master

Post by sniper4life » 21 Apr 2006 14:03

I hear all this crap about people smoking at footbag jams an events, and it's making me not want to go to any. I would have to get a ride from my parents, and if they saw any of that crap I'd prolly be prohibited from doin footbag stuff.

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 21 Apr 2006 15:49

sniper4life wrote:I hear all this crap about people smoking at footbag jams an events, and it's making me not want to go to any. I would have to get a ride from my parents, and if they saw any of that crap I'd prolly be prohibited from doin footbag stuff.
Agreed, a great reason why this stuff shouldnt take place in the open at jams.
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

Troyson
Fearless

Post by Troyson » 22 Apr 2006 15:41

i would never smoke in the open to begin with...i would do it in my car or something before i came to the jam...i respect that some people dont like to smoke, so i dont do it in front of people who dont want it around them.

However, i have never been to a jam or anything like that, and the though of smoking a blunt in the open while shredding does sound very appetizing :twisted:

BOB-THE-AMAZING
Circle Kicker

Post by BOB-THE-AMAZING » 23 Apr 2006 18:35

If a drunk person walked up to a cliff, he would be uncoordinated, but would still be able to turn around and not go off the cliff. If a high person walked up to a cliff, he would look normal doing so, but could just walk right off the cliff.

I hate hearing stoners bitch about how pot should be legal if alchohol is. They are two very different things, so one being legal should not affect the other.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 23 Apr 2006 18:48

If a drunk person walked up to a cliff, he would be uncoordinated, but would still be able to turn around and not go off the cliff. If a high person walked up to a cliff, he would look normal doing so, but could just walk right off the cliff.

I hate hearing stoners bitch about how pot should be legal if alchohol is. They are two very different things, so one being legal should not affect the other.
Are you a [Mod edit.]? I usually don't like to be directly rude (Preffering more sniping attacks), but you're [Mod edit. ]. Explain to me why stoned people are able to realize they shouldn't be driving when they're passed their limit, but drunk people get in a car and drive home hammered all the time? Talk about jumping off a fucking cliff.

[Mod edit. -Moxie]

-DJF

BOB-THE-AMAZING
Circle Kicker

Post by BOB-THE-AMAZING » 23 Apr 2006 19:04

BainbridgeShred wrote:Explain to me why stoned people are able to realize they shouldn't be driving when they're passed their limit, but drunk people get in a car and drive home hammered all the time?
Instead of calling me a mother fucker a dozen times, you could have provided me with a link that backs up what you are saying. If you smoke enough, you can do some pretty stupid shit.

That post of yours threw the peaceful stoner image out of the window. How could you want to kill someone for one post on an internet forum?

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 23 Apr 2006 19:14

Instead of calling me a mother fucker a dozen times, you could have provided me with a link that backs up what you are saying. If you smoke enough, you can do some pretty stupid shit.
Peaceful stoner image? Get off my dick bitch. Who says I ever tried to portray that image? Shows how much you know about smoking, bro. Fucking talking about jumping off cliffs and shit? You ever smoke in your life, bro? Obviously not.

And provide a link that backs my shit up, bro? Yeah, I'm sure there have been tons of studies done on whether or not weed makes you jump off fucking cliffs. I don't have to look at studies,; I've been stoned around cliffs, and I'm still here to show you how much of a dumbass you are.
How could you want to kill someone for one post on an internet forum?
Kill you? Where did I say I wanted to kill you. You probably shouldn't be smoking weed, you're fucking dumb enough as is.

All I want to do is kick your ass, which is what your daddy should of done when you were 12 and still had time to be made an impression on.