other sources for usl than fieldsfabric?

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
mahhkohh
Flower Child

other sources for usl than fieldsfabric?

Post by mahhkohh » 06 Sep 2011 06:53

ok, so here is my problem: as you may or may not know fieldsfabric is cutting back on bright ultrasuede light colors. and i desperatly need bright yellow (tulip) and bright orange (burnt orange?)

anyone go an idea were to get that stuff? if you have a shop around your corner i´d be happy to pay you to pick up some for me plus shipping and stuff... i want at least 1 yard of each color, but everything helps.

so if you guys have any idea i´d apprichiate if you´d help me :)

ps: yes i did use google and came up with nothing
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

beckermj
Circle Kicker

Post by beckermj » 06 Sep 2011 10:56

I would also like to hear of some other sources of Ultrasuede light, yellow would be nice to have. I've been to the Ultrasuede website and looked over their places to buy it, and Field's was basically the only carrier of Ultrasuede light.

I found some burnt orange (saffron to be specific) on Field's Fabric's Ultrasuede specials page, and it looks like it is still listed: http://www.fieldsfabricsonline.com/Ultr ... _c_13.html

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 06 Sep 2011 11:41

yeah, i did the whole search thing too, and i came up with the same result :D and the saffron in the specials section is not the orange i want, there was a flashy and really bright orange called "burnt orange" a few month back. by now i know that the colors i seek are discontinued and i am getting samples that should be interessting the least of some similar fabric... but usl is not gonna happen i´m afraid -.-
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

beckermj
Circle Kicker

Post by beckermj » 21 Sep 2011 13:40

So I'm in LA for a few days and I just got back from a trip to International Silks and Woolens, which is listed as a dealer of Ultrasuede. They have a very bright yellow as well as a bright red and we ended up getting a pretty good price on it. The tags all said $70/yard, but they went down to $60, and then gave us a 10% discount at the register. The guy also hooked us up by putting a couple extra inches on the width of our orders. In the end we got more than 1/2 yard for $29-30. The other color selection was mostly similar to that of Field's, but less variety.

Their website doesn't have the ability to order through it, but their phone number is on there:
http://www.internationalsilks.com/Inter ... /Home.html

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 23 Sep 2011 14:11

Someone fly me to LA so that I may spend a day or two looking through this store's selections of ultrasuede (and amaretta, maybe). :D
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87