A few reflections and insights

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
ilovecoheed
Hack Fiend

A few reflections and insights

Post by ilovecoheed » 07 Feb 2013 02:36

Well, I'm about halfway through my 2nd 32 panel ever (first one in about 4 years), and I've come to realize a few things:

1. I've used a bit too much gather. (Little bit of hex distortion)
2. Single thread is much easier to work with on a small complex bag such as a 32.

Overall I think the bag will be a tiny bit smaller than intended but it should be playable.

One thing I am kind of struggling with is keeping good definition of my panels, mainly my pents. I'm guessing this could be partially due to the amount of gather I've used. Does anyone have any good tips regarding stitch placement to get crisp looking panels?

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Re: A few reflections and insights

Post by akalazou » 07 Feb 2013 14:59

crisp looking panels are due to stitches in zigzag, if you make them at all the same distance from the edge, it will looks fine. too much gather wil crisp them too. so, make a straight line all from the same distance from the edge ( 1 - 2 or 3 mm, depends on the size of the template. then use a gather tool to make them all the same size.

i hope it helps
Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com

ilovecoheed
Hack Fiend

Re: A few reflections and insights

Post by ilovecoheed » 07 Feb 2013 16:54

Thanks for the input man. I did notice some of my stitches had a tad bit too much bite. That mayyyy be the cause. Either way, this bag may not be pretty, but it will shred.