Most durable Ultrasuede Light colors?

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
JDill
Circle Kicker

Most durable Ultrasuede Light colors?

Post by JDill » 25 Feb 2013 12:52

I'm wanting to try my hand at stitching my own bags, and I've heard that there are differences in the durability and texture of different colors of Ultrasuede light. Is this true? If so, what would you consider the best for footbags? Any that I should avoid at all costs?
James Dillbeck
People call me J-Dill. Tables do not call me J-Dill.

Funkbagz
Circle Kicker

Re: Most durable Ultrasuede Light colors?

Post by Funkbagz » 28 Feb 2013 19:59

Basically all USL is good for footbags, I've noticed that some of the browns and greens seem a little thicker then the rest of the colors but if you stick with the basics like flash red, county cream, black, etc. you can't go wrong. What I did when I started was I bought the 18 piece variety sampler pack of USL from fieldsfabric.com for $20 so that way you can experiment with different colors. I was able to make 18 bags with that sampler pack too so it's not to bad of a deal :)
The world is full of king and queens
who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's heaven and hell

To see more of my chainmaille creations visit http://www.facebook.com/medievalmetalsbykevin

ilovecoheed
Hack Fiend

Post by ilovecoheed » 28 Feb 2013 22:09

I don't think they sell aqua on fields anymore but NEVER buy that shit. Also stay away from purple shadow and suny sienna. I just bought about 7 more colors yesterday including topiary, ceramic something and saffron. I know nothing about these colors but I will mostly certainly keep you updated. I have black noir, country cream, white, atlantis, petit pois and colonial red at the moment and they're all great colors though.

JDill
Circle Kicker

Post by JDill » 28 Feb 2013 22:17

Funkbagz wrote:Basically all USL is good for footbags, I've noticed that some of the browns and greens seem a little thicker then the rest of the colors but if you stick with the basics like flash red, county cream, black, etc. you can't go wrong. What I did when I started was I bought the 18 piece variety sampler pack of USL from fieldsfabric.com for $20 so that way you can experiment with different colors. I was able to make 18 bags with that sampler pack too so it's not to bad of a deal :)
I think I just might try that variety pack. Seems like a great choice since I don't know what I really want!
James Dillbeck

JDill
Circle Kicker

Post by JDill » 28 Feb 2013 22:18

ilovecoheed wrote:I don't think they sell aqua on fields anymore but NEVER buy that shit. Also stay away from purple shadow and suny sienna. I just bought about 7 more colors yesterday including topiary, ceramic something and saffron. I know nothing about these colors but I will mostly certainly keep you updated. I have black noir, country cream, white, atlantis, petit pois and colonial red at the moment and they're all great colors though.
Thanks so much for the help, everyone here is awesome!
James Dillbeck

ilovecoheed
Hack Fiend

Post by ilovecoheed » 28 Feb 2013 23:15

Not a problem man, I just wanna see modified again like it was back in its prime. There's still a bunch of really awesome people lurking about though lol.

JDill
Circle Kicker

Post by JDill » 01 Mar 2013 09:37

Wish I could have been here for that.
James Dillbeck

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 01 Mar 2013 11:15

yeah the good ol days! :D

keep in mind that the most durable colors are also the thickest. this may requiere some different sewing technique. also more break in to get the bag on its prime! combination is the key. get thick stuff for the popping pents and thin stuff for the hexes.
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig