Bags You've Made

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Bags You've Made

Post by brianbear » 28 Oct 2012 11:53

it has been quite a long while for me. good looking bags from everyone!
expect more pics frequently until christmas time :)

brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

D.
Shredalicious

Post by D. » 29 Oct 2012 03:52

Nice work Bear. The orange / black hybrid looks awesome.

So this is my 100th post, and I have been saving it up for something memorable.
This bag was inspired by Ivan (Isirc10) after his 72hour stitching bender where he made his 3 92's shown on the last page.

The design took a lot of thinking about, I even drew myself a diagram to keep track of it all!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 29 Oct 2012 07:23

Damn D, that is one clean ass lookin' bag. Almost kinda mesmerizing.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 29 Oct 2012 08:00

That is a sick bag - nice pattern on it! Personally, I think it is very rewarding putting together a bag with a complex pattern and not messing up. Mad Props!
I am currently working on an interesting 92 design - still on paper. Glad I was the inspiration for something this awesome.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

jaust
Multidex Master

Post by jaust » 30 Oct 2012 10:16

first bag with new template, turned out a bit smaller than i intended

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 02 Nov 2012 10:15

bags #25-29
Still stitching, in between homework and midterms. All of these bags are available for sale except the yellow-green-light blue pattern.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 02 Nov 2012 10:59

Damn Ivan! That Blue/Orange/Black? one looks dope. Reminds me of the Broncos. And that Red and Yellow pattern is lookin' mighty fly! It must be mine.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 02 Nov 2012 11:42

Thanks for the compliment! The tiger-blue one is a microsuede-facile hybrid. It was made watching the broncos-chargers game. PM sent about the yellow-red swirl.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

whirlwind
Circle Kicker

Post by whirlwind » 08 Nov 2012 10:51

2 days ago i made my first eye-ball i added 3 spikes on the back.

Bad picture :) i was in a hurry durring class... :mrgreen:
Anyone trade bags?

Dominik.P

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 30 Nov 2012 02:32

its been a looooooooooooooong time for me folks :D didnt really stitch in maybe 6 month or so. started again last week, and here are my latest bags! enjoy!

tried a new combination of templates for this one. i kind of like it. what do you think?

also a new template combo, dont think i will do this again.

hybrid demo bag, ultra suede soft active green and ultra suede light sunshine yellow

old school template with less gather

all bags are for sale! 20,-€uro for a regular; 25€uro for demo bag! also be reminded that i am running a holiday sale on facebook, order 2 bags get 50% off the second! might consider this deal :P
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 30 Nov 2012 03:47

wow, I really like the first one. the template looks quite good. well balanced. (that sounds like wine tasting now :D )
what colours is it, I can't really tell on my computer (purple&white/purple&tan/purple&grey/...?)

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 01 Dec 2012 13:31

i think its called green mist, the really pale yellow thing. ;) i will make another bag with that template, then decide!
mäcrö hartig

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 02 Dec 2012 04:02

Ah cool, I think I might have that colour as well. If it's the one I'm thinking about, than it's quite a nice fabric for hexes.

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 04 Dec 2012 09:00

note to self "wait for daylight!"

colors are a bit distorted due to bad light! its actually white and bright purple! old template and gathering style, will do some of that new shit now...

dont forget, x-mas special is still going on! order 2 get 50% off the second bag. offer valid till dec. 25th! (cant guarantee order to arrive in time then tho :P)
mäcrö hartig

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 05 Dec 2012 22:13

Wow, those colors look WAY different to me - guess it is the lighting ;)
I see you are using longer (more even) sides on your hexes with the new templates - which style do you like more?

Finished up an order for Dragonfly Footbags last week. Getting pretty decent at making these footbags now (If I may say so myself).
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 08 Dec 2012 08:28

Marco, that latest bag looks so soft and supple,
as do a few of the earlier one you posted. nice.

very nice bags Ivan!
they are looking a bit like mine :)

i just found my camera after it being lost for a couple months or something.
pics soon!
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 10 Dec 2012 01:59

new template tester. i have to say i dont really like the stitching process of these, maybe its cause i´m not used to it, but i tend to my old style a bit more. but seeing how people that bought bags from me in person tend to allways take the bag that they think needs the least break in i may have to keep doing these bags as they turn out really soft and shredready right away. also i like the look of it, not with this particular pattern tho! :? so ivan, so far i have mixed feelings about these

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, just realized that i used the wrong template for the hexes... its one with huge "short" sides... good bag anyway. send me a pm if you want it! ;)
mäcrö hartig

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 12 Dec 2012 20:19

Hey Fizzied, it's been a while. I'm just going to post a huge medley of photos for y'all to ogle over, with some comments here and there.

Old batch of Wasabi bags for Freedom Footbags. Sold out, thanks peeps. :P

Necro-bag. Mikie from the NYFA club gave me his dead Brian Bear bag with busted microsuede panels, but the orange was still too good to trash. So, I took it apart and made this baby. :mrgreen:

14-panel bag that I made for David Beyers of NYFA. Choice shred bag right off the needle, colors are Imperial Blue, Orange Sherbert and Opal.

3 Twisted bags. Sorry for the blurry photo. Bag in the middle back died a premature death because Admiral is a really weak color. Bag on the left went to Vince Bradley when he came to visit NYC sometime during the Fall. Bag on the right is the best one I made yet, and it's going to Eric Bartholomay (the creator of the Twisted template). I gave the bag to Ted, since he said that he has a direct contact with Eric, so hopefully he'll live up to his word and give the bag to Eric!

Extra large 32 that went to a hackysack buddy of mine from college. Fell down the drain the first day he got it. RIP.

Second extra large 32 that went to my hackysack buddy from college. Still alive and well.

New batch of Freedom Footbags made to this day. Sunny asked me to make more Spinner patterns, and here it is. Last bag in the back was sewn in the wrong direction, so therefore the spinner design is different from the rest. :P Bag in the middle is the best in the batch, whereas the strongest is the light blue and pink combo (pattern on that bag is Sky Blue / Navajo Turquoise and Zinnia / Rhapsody in sequential order).

Two hexagonal 32-panel sandbags that I made for my friend "Namy" in the Navy, who's coming back next week. :) Left is made with a yellow microsuede and Stone Grey facile, filled with Coney Island beach sand. The one on the right is made with Green Grape and Black with Metallic Circles Facile, filled with coarse sand and smooth rocks.

I have other ideas for bags that I might end up making in the next couple of weeks/months, so stay tuned. :)
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 15 Dec 2012 00:34

Nice bags, way! Glad to see that you're getting some mileage out of that silver material.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 20 Dec 2012 02:52

latest batch for freedom footbags! go there if you want one! or send me a pm to get one custom made

mäcrö hartig