Rod Laver's/ Clima's

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
sweet_hack
Hack Fiend

Rod Laver's/ Clima's

Post by sweet_hack » 04 Dec 2005 07:35

Alright this thread has prObably already been done but I haven't found it so I'm asking,

DO YOU THE FOOTBAG COMMUNITY THINK THAT ROD LAVER'S OR CLIMAS ARE THE SHOE OF CHOICE FOR FOOTBAG.
Randy Dubé, from the boonies and I like it that way.

IT'S ALL ABOUT FOOTBAG

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 04 Dec 2005 08:54

I don't think that either is really the shoe of choice. Some people are like, "Lavers are the best." Some people are like, "Climas are the best." It's all up to personal preference.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 04 Dec 2005 09:45

lavers
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

SergeyKozlov
BSOS Beast

Post by SergeyKozlov » 04 Dec 2005 09:51

Word. Lavers.

Lavers are the spirit of footbag!

Markusss1988
Hack Fiend

Post by Markusss1988 » 04 Dec 2005 10:14

someone tells you to buy lavers because they are the best, someone else likes climas...

make your own experiences, take the shoes of the others and shred with them, then you know the shoe which is perfect for you! :wink:
Markus Rittner

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 04 Dec 2005 10:20

I prefer lavers.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 04 Dec 2005 10:23

Yeah, it's all personal preference.

They both have their plusses but it really comes down to what features you desire the most.

I find that lavers hurt my body, maybe I am getting old, but I really need the extra spring that climas have.

Also, I don't have any confidence playing in lavers because they have zero grip. But again, it's all up to what you want in a shoe.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 04 Dec 2005 13:36

I think Lavers are the absolute best shoe for beginners. It's easy modding, easy shreddingg

When it comes to advanced, guiltless shred-maybe it's time for an upgrade.

Then it's time to decide whether or not to get busy with goonits or climas

kinda like 32s and sandbags

footjoe
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by footjoe » 04 Dec 2005 14:27

i think thats total bunk , you dont really see one freestyler that changes his should once he gets hardcore , you learned with lets say lavers then you switch to climas its gonna take sometime to get used to them so thats a set back and it just doesnt make sense
15 year old Joe Kulacz

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 04 Dec 2005 14:56

But don't some people find that after switching to either climas or gs or new balances that some parts of their game improve? Or that it's just more comfortable? I mean, I love my lavers, and I'm gonna get several more pairs for sure. But I think one day I'll maybe try different shoes, and yeah it'll be weird at first, but if I find I do something better in them, then I'll keep em.

Isn't that just how it is with anything ever?
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

footjoe
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by footjoe » 04 Dec 2005 15:22

not for me , ive tryed 3 different shoes and always went back to lavers
15 year old Joe Kulacz

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 04 Dec 2005 15:30

I think I disagree with Joe, at least regarding the climas... I played for 5 years in lavers, and decided to try climas. Once I got the climas modified the way I now prefer, I was able to make a seamless transition to them from lavers. Not only that, I actually found that I liked the way they play better, and I was able to play longer and with less pain because they're a healthier shoe for me.

Lavers are a great shoe. I would also recommend starting with them, if only because they are a LOT easier to find and make playable. With Climas (and G6s as well), there's also the gamble of having a hard time replacing them, but I've been doing okay with that.

Clima 1s are definitely my shred shoe of choice at the moment, but as it's been stated, personal preferences are the biggest factor in choosing, and one should try a few options and make their own choice.
Last edited by mc on 06 Dec 2005 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

peanutbuterboy
Fearless

Post by peanutbuterboy » 05 Dec 2005 14:50

Le Coqs anyone :D
Luke Andrews

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 06 Dec 2005 19:07

I'm going to agree with Matt's argument here. As from my recent transition to goonits I find them to be much more comfortable to shred in them than Lavers for some reason. Maybe my laces are getting old and slippery, the model of Lavers isn't doing well with my feet in some particular way, or there's a lack of a good heel and grip from the sole. Anyway, as I wore G-units, it felt like magic and I was hooked. I even liked the mod that you did Joe and got a new pair of G-units and modded them the same way! The feeling is just so amazing that I don't think I'll be getting back into Lavers anytime soon.

And being the curious experimenter that I am, I'll probably transcend to Climas and see how they do. Probably give them to Tom to mod for me as I lack the proper equipment to make the shoe into a freestyle phenomenon. ;)
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87