Reebok G-units 6 Modding Tutorial.

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
pohh
Circle Kicker

Re: Reebok G-units 6 Modding Tutorial.

Post by pohh » 02 Sep 2010 15:13

Wasabi wrote:

Just feel for the heel. It should be behind the last set of lined-up holes you see on the leather, and you can typically feel for it in the inner portion of yor shoe, around the foam cushions. Generally, I use the hole of the last line closest to the heel and sole, and just mark/score it with my x-acto knife for reference, aligning the stitching with the cut.
It is compulsory to use x-acto knife in cutting? or any other knife.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 13 Sep 2010 11:10

I use a small but sharp Swiss army knife with scissors. They are sharp and precise.

Cargo Net Toe Mod Update:
I have been playing in both pair of G-Units (leather and mesh) lately and wanted to give an update. I started out in the mesh Camo Gs and loved them! They feel just like Lavers, but lighter, and the mesh is grippy on non-slick bags. They still require crank, which I feel keeps your game sharp.

After playing in my Camos with BrianBear last week I decided to switch to the Leather ones so I could relax a bit on the toes and do some rakes. The larger toe box is like a giant fishing net that grabs and holds any bag with ease. I was surprised at just how well they were able to catch a footbag from just about anywhere. I can also feel the bag as if I am barefoot which allows for that much more sensitivity.

When comparing the rubber soles of each shoe, I found that the Camos have a clear rubber sole that is a bit more springy and supportive on my heavier than normal frame. I am able to hop better in Camos, but the leather Gs have a superior toe box with the addition of the cargo net.

I was not a huge fan of the inside stalling bucket on the Leather Gs at first. I have played in Lavers with heavily modded insides (rails) that ultimately destroyed my form. I ended up ripping them off so I could get my balance back. The Leather Gs felt like this at first. I felt restricted by the rubber sole of shoe always stopping the bag in the same spot on my inside. I was fighting for control of the bag.

After playing in the them for a few more days I was beginning to feel the benefits of playing with the shoe as opposed to fighting against it. I could easily stall just about everything good form or crap form. What was important is that I was not dropping the bag! My string length shot up and as a result so did my stamina. I started trying harder moves and combos and was hitting them.

Now I am playing in the Leather ones full time and love them even more than the Camos. I do have a question though. I feel like the outside leather is now hindering my ability to flex the shoe. Do people usually cut off the outside leather as well? What are the pros and cons of that? Thanks!
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 14 Oct 2014 14:56

Any chance there is anyone who can replace the missing pictures in the tutorial or make new ones?

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Oct 2014 04:21

I just got some units for my student. I'll film and tutorialize the mod.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 15 Oct 2014 04:35

Thank you thank you thank you, I just paid BLING BLING for a pair and I need not ruin the one pair I got my hands on.

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 16 Oct 2014 02:52

They will arrive on Tuesday. That mod video better be available by then or ELSE... I'll ask politely when it will be. =)