Quantum Footbag Shoes

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Matt K
Flower Child

Quantum IIs

Post by Matt K » 12 Mar 2007 17:52

Hey Daryl, I just saw your post about the Quantum II and how you'll be selling them at Worlds this year, but I'm not sure if I'm going this year, so will you be selling them online? Also, what is the normal price? I think I just remember that with shipping from Europe a pair would cost me 120, but from you?

Thanks.
Matt Kemmer

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 12 Mar 2007 18:16

Genzu wrote:Anyhow, the exact cost and arrival time are still unknown, so save your questions about it.

Read Daryl`s post again if this isn`t clear enough :D
Mathieu Gauthier

Genzu
Freedom Footbags

Post by Genzu » 12 Mar 2007 18:32

I'll definitely be selling them online, once I actually have them. I really don't know what my price will be, since I haven't been quoted one myself. My price will be either the same or possibly slightly higher than my supplier, Planet Footbag. Considering what the dollar is worth these days, it may make them relatively expensive. Again, in short, they have not quoted me an exact cost, so I'm not going to give a price that I cannot honor - it's as simple as that.

If they do end up being the same cost as the Quantum I, my price will be just over $80 (based on the current exchange rate) and the fact that I'm probably going to aim to keep my flat rate shipping of $4.00. There's no way I can ship a pair of shoes for anywhere close to that, so there will likely be a markup in the base shoe price to help cover those costs. I realize this sounds really expensive, but keep in mind how much name brand shoes can run. Also remember that Planet Footbag is non-profit and is really doing a lot for the sport!

Lastly, I recommend going to worlds over just about anything else in the world. After attending 15 straight, I've missed the last two only because I couldn't find a way to get a family of four to Helsinki or Frankfurt. This year it's in the same country at least, so I'll be going even if I have to borrow the money. It's one thing to see videos of people, but it's a whole different world to see and hang out with them in person.

Peace.
Daryl "Genzu Blades" Genz

Owner, Freedom Footbags
Please support the IFPA:
http://www.freedomfootbags.com/

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 12 Mar 2007 19:17

Go to Worlds, Matt. Seriously. Almost every New Yorker that is a footbagger that I know of is anticipating Worlds this year. Get yourself pumped! Do whatever you can to get yourself to this year's Worlds competition, because you don't know when something like this will happen in the Western Hemisphere again (especially within the US!).
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Genzu
Freedom Footbags

Post by Genzu » 12 Mar 2007 19:22

I would add to what Waylon just wrote that you don't need to plan on competing to have fun at worlds. The competition is really only a few hours of the entire week. If you're competing in freestyle events, you won't spend more than 30 minutes total in competition (singles, doubles, mixed doubles, 30 sec, finals in all rounds). IMHO, while the competition part is fun to watch, worlds isn't (As Disney says on their site) "All about the competition". It's so much more :D.

Peace.

Owner, Freedom Footbags
Please support the IFPA:

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 12 Mar 2007 19:36

I totally agree. I don't plan on going to Worlds to compete. It's just a spectacular feeling to meet so many footbaggers in one single area from every part of the globe. I have so many plans to see a ton of people in footbag in that very week of Worlds. So much to experience, so much to learn! :P There are plenty of players/stitchers I want to meet overseas that I have a chance to meet in Florida, and several others I want to be reaquainted with! AND, I get to share this joy with the resident footbaggers in the US and Canada, so it's that exponentially great.

I think it's safe to say that those going to Worlds (lovers of footbag) expect to go there to have A LOT of fun. I really hope to see you there! :o

Peace.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

sanuke okumatzu
Fearless

Post by sanuke okumatzu » 14 Mar 2007 15:22

It's a shame...I've no money to head to...anyplace really, otherwise I would love to at least go and have a look around. I had planned on going a few years back with my cousin, but...that never ended up happening. :(

Genzu
Freedom Footbags

Post by Genzu » 14 Mar 2007 15:32

sanuke okumatzu wrote:It's a shame...I've no money to head to...anyplace really, otherwise I would love to at least go and have a look around. I had planned on going a few years back with my cousin, but...that never ended up happening. :(
Good excuses ;)... Plenty of time to take on a part time job and earn the bucks to get there. Maybe cut out something like (possibly) watching TV to find some extra time. Find people to room and travel with and you can really cut down on your expenses.

Peace.

Owner, Freedom Footbags
Please support the IFPA:

sanuke okumatzu
Fearless

Post by sanuke okumatzu » 14 Mar 2007 16:45

Genzu wrote:Good excuses ;)... Plenty of time to take on a part time job and earn the bucks to get there. Maybe cut out something like (possibly) watching TV to find some extra time. Find people to room and travel with and you can really cut down on your expenses.

Peace.
Don't watch tv too awful much to begin with, main time consumer as of late has been playing bass...Which.. it's about time I take a break from that anywhom, 2 months straight of at least 4 hrs a day practicing is not good for other hobbies, lol.
As the universe is curved, there cannot be a straight answer...

-Robert Baker-

LinoSphere
BSOS Beast

Post by LinoSphere » 19 Mar 2007 14:52

since this thread was about the quantum shoes, i'll take it back there.

i've been using quantums since last december and i love them. it took me about 20 minutes to decide that playing in them is - above all - a lot more fun then in lavers. also, some people said they made my style look better.
so far there's no severe damage visible except for a small crack in the sole, but i couldn't blame this on footbag exclusively as i've been using them for excessive slacklining as well.

i'm so much looking forward to version 2 even though i'm still havin a lot of fun with the current one. if there's anyone out there still not having decided whether to buy them or not - don't wait any longer!
Matthias Lino Schmidt

Wumbo
BSOS Beast

Post by Wumbo » 21 Mar 2007 11:09

i have 3 suggestions: include a heel cap, make a thicker sole and make size 7.5. thats all! :)

semiconscious
Multidex Master

Post by semiconscious » 24 Mar 2007 06:59

I still feel like support for the quantums is kind of flagging in the community, so I just want to be another endorser, not that my opinion counts that much. I've had my quantums for almost six months now, and it has surely been my most intense period of shredding and schooling in my life (avg an hour a day or so since then), and, although they don't hold up as well as lavers (Each shoe has a 1/2 inch or so tear on the inside surface, right where the mesh meets the sole), they are lighter, have that significantly better inside surface, and feel like i'm wearing a glove on my foot, cause of their softness. Basically, their advantages dwarf both the issue of expense and durability in my books, and I, until I can't afford to get another pair of quantums, am never going back to lavers. Anyway, they'll probably last me until I can order the next version, as I've noticed the tear hasn't been growing for the last month, so yeah! Viva la Quantums (and planet footbag)! Stoked for v.2!
Sam Neale