Amaretta

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 24 Jan 2007 17:49

Why are you so cool in real life and so silly online? We are talking about fabric and your using all caps and shit.

And I have felt footfighters, and did not love them. Then I made a bag out of amaretta Nathan lent me and it's sick as hell. Your saying if I felt a newbies bag out of denim and it sucked I would know if the fabric was worth buying. I think that's wrong, because someone else could make something good with it.

I'm not even trying to do a 23 way split so I don't know why I'm defending it, because I don't give a shit. Either way, you have a weird way of "looking out" for people so they dont get ripped off.
david

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 24 Jan 2007 17:55

Stitching is more of a self-employed job. In order to qualify as a business, you'll need to have a network where there are employees governing the workload for orderly salaries paid by their manager. If all monetary revenues are only going to one specific person only, then that one person is deemed only as self-employed.

Back to the original discussion, it helps to find a trustworthy middleman that you've met in the actual world and not on modified. Sure, you can get screwed over, but considering the circumstances, it'll be your own damn fault for investing money to that one irresponsible person. That's all I can really say. I've seen some close footbag friends who have been screwed over by other footbaggers over barters and cash payment. I'm aware of those consequences. That's reality.

edit: I'm already in a pool.
Last edited by Wasabi on 25 Jan 2007 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Guest_1
BSOS Beast

Post by Guest_1 » 25 Jan 2007 10:35

Jeremy, you are being a silly dickhead.

In an 8 way split, everyone would get 1/8 yard of each color.

That way, everyone would get a lot of different colors. It's a great way for everyone to get a large variety of colors, which is what I like.

This whole thing makes a great load of sense and I'm looking forward to it. As soon as I get back from taking my gf to her psych final [in an hour and a half] everyone will have pm's waiting for them so we can get this rolling.

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 25 Jan 2007 14:14

Has anyone else been able to contact them lately? they haven't replied to me in about 5 days.

Matt_mcfarland
Shredaholic

Post by Matt_mcfarland » 25 Jan 2007 14:26

no, i tried to email them about buying less than a yard, but no response
keep steezy! my bag are for sale! in stock:2
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=21532

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 29 Jan 2007 11:27

Has anyone received a response from them yet?

I've an order for a few yards with other ppl we're going to split with, but it's kind of shady since they haven't replied to anyone yet... So close to getting Amaretta, yet so far :?

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 30 Jan 2007 14:46

I just got a response. They are out of a lot of colors it seems, and a lot of colors aren't in the softer make, but it should still work out well. I should get mine in about a week.

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 08 Feb 2007 16:51

Wow! :)

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 08 Feb 2007 18:41

That's gonna make a lot of bags.
Danny P.

Matt_mcfarland
Shredaholic

Post by Matt_mcfarland » 11 Feb 2007 11:35

ive never seen what a full yard of suede looks like, let alone six yards... its just too beautifull
keep steezy! my bag are for sale! in stock:2
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=21532

Genzu
Freedom Footbags

Post by Genzu » 12 Feb 2007 00:09

Wasabi wrote:In order to qualify as a business, you'll need to have a network where there are employees governing the workload for orderly salaries paid by their manager.
BUMMER! And I always thought I had my own business ;).

(Don't take this too seriously please.)

I actually am about to expand the business a bit more. And yes Jim helps out but I've been doing this since 2002 (pretty much on my own until he showed up).

Peace.
Daryl "Genzu Blades" Genz

Owner, Freedom Footbags
Please support the IFPA:
http://www.freedomfootbags.com/

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 12 Feb 2007 02:54

you present some interesting facts. But you can prove ANYTHING with facts.
That's good stuff.

You do come off as a hermit Jeremy.

Donovon
Multidex Master

Post by Donovon » 28 Nov 2009 22:02

Bump
I have seen a lot of questions as to where to get amaretta. Decided to bump this because of the pic in the first post.

Anyone still get fabric (amaretta) from here? Do they still sell?

~Donovon

ZachSoulBrotha
Circle Kicker

Post by ZachSoulBrotha » 01 Feb 2010 17:41

If somebody finds it PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know. I have been looking for so long, I tried to contact them but they never got back to me. :[

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 18 Feb 2010 07:44

ok, so here´s the deal:

i can get my hands on amaretta only 3 colors tho. yellow, beige and grey(the light version)
i would buy some, turns out the minimum is 100x130cm per color, take my share, and give the rest too you guys. 1 10x100cm stripe per color (10cm stripes is what you get when you order 1/8 yard at fields(the piece is actually 130 wide, if i get you the 100 part of it 2 more can have some fabric)) for the money it costs me to get it, plus shipping to your place. how does that sound? if you want some send me pm´s, i will respond to you as soon as i have the fabric here and ready to go. first come first serve.

so it would be 9euro + shipping for a pack of amaretta for 20 to 30 bags, depending on how you cut your panels.
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

ZachSoulBrotha
Circle Kicker

Post by ZachSoulBrotha » 19 Feb 2010 12:07

You get your amaretta from fields?

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 19 Feb 2010 13:53

no, i just emntioned fields so you have an idea of what sizes i talk about!
mäcrö hartig

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 22 Feb 2010 11:26

Yellow amaretta i want i want i want I WANT
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 24 Feb 2010 06:06

its here :D

appearantly the yellow looks a bit like green mist usl, and the beige is like a light brown. grey is the darker version i know of. :)
100cm x 130cm of amaretta waiting to be sliced up and send around in the world :) i think i will cut off a piece of 30cm x 100cm for myself, leaves you guys with 100x100 cm of amaretta
mäcrö hartig

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 24 Feb 2010 08:10

Dude, I can send/trade you as much amaretta as you need.

NYC has amaretta! Not the prettiest of colors out there, like neon green, red or yellow, but it's still amaretta and works like amaretta.

Yellow and grey for moi! :D
NYFA represent.